Whatever happened to renaigames.net?

Forum organization and occasional community-building.
Forum rules
Questions about Ren'Py should go in the Ren'Py Questions and Announcements forum.
sciencewarrior
Veteran
Projects: Valentine Square (writer) Spiral Destiny (programmer)

Whatever happened to renaigames.net?

#1 Post by sciencewarrior »

Apparently the Ren'Ai Games site fell into the bit bucket of the web and I couldn't find any indication why. Do you know what happened? I saw there were some good resources there, and now that the site is gone, I have no idea where to start looking for them again.
Keep your script in your Dropbox folder.
It allows you to share files with your team, keeps backups of previous versions, and is ridiculously easy to use.

motichu

Re: Whatever happened to renaigames.net?

#2 Post by motichu »

I've been trying to access it for a couple days as well, but no luck. Tried going through a couple of different proxies to see if it was my ISP, but that didn't help either.
"The world weighs on my shoulders, but what am I to do?
You sometimes drive me crazy, but I worry about you
I know it makes no difference to what you're going through
But I see the tip of the iceberg, and I worry about you."

-Rush, "Distant Early Warning"

N0UGHTS
Miko-Class Veteran

#3 Post by N0UGHTS »

^ Same as above. :( I don't remember reading anything about temporary site shutdowns, either...
World Community Grid
"Thanksgiving is a day for Americans to remember that family is what really matters.
"The day after Thanksgiving is when Americans forget that and go shopping." —Jon Stewart
Thank you for playing Alter Ego. You have died.

Bakamoichigei

#4 Post by Bakamoichigei »

Same here, at this point I think you can rule out coincidence and isolated incidents. :P

I think I was able to access it not more than a week or so ago.

Heh, websites are such a 'permanently-temporary' thing... I've often wondered what will happen to all the little community sites in the due course of time. ;<

But, that said, chances are it's just One of Those Things(TM) like a billing foul-up that causes the webhost to suspend the site, and then after it's cleared up, there's DNS problems. (Oh god I love it when stuff like that happens!)