LemmaSoft.net

Forum organization and occasional community-building.
Forum rules
Questions about Ren'Py should go in the Ren'Py Questions and Announcements forum.
Tage
Regular

LemmaSoft.net

#1 Post by Tage »

Blue Lemma: :? Is the website down for good? More importantly though, how is everything going? Haven't heard from you in a while! You seem to be lurking in the shadows... =P

I could, uh, put your website on my school's web server if you want... :lol: Of course the web address would be LAME, but I dunno if whoever is hacking into your server really wants to hack into a college server... o.O; But updating might become a pain... u.u; That's a sucky idea... :roll:

Ah well, I've pestered you enough! Just letting you know you haven't been forgotten P= This is, after all, the LemmaSoft forum! :lol:

Blue Lemma
Forum Founder
Completed: ToL, Shoujo Attack!, Lemma Ten
Projects: [RETIRED FROM FORUM ADMINISTRATION - CONTACT PYTOM WITH ISSUES]

#2 Post by Blue Lemma »

I payed to renew the website, but I don't think it's taken effect yet :? I'll have to contact my webhost if it's not back by this weekend. As for me, personally, I've been swamped with Comp Sci homework... >_< But I'm still making progress on the games when I have time. I really really really want to get some stuff out! :cry:

Tage
Regular

#3 Post by Tage »

Ah, I see! :? Well, glad to hear it's not down for good! =D It's definitely where my interest in creating my own renai game took root.

As for your homework... I can sympathize about the homework; however, :cry: I wish I had Computer Science homework right now... lol :lol: I couldn't take any CS classes this semester because I didn't pass Calculus... So I'm taking Calculus again this semester... u.u; Same teacher... Same chances of passing... u.u; Must... Try... ...Harder...

As for progress about games... That's cool that you can manage to still work on games! I have no organizational skills what-so-ever--hence, my failure in Calculus... wait... That was because I'm a skilled, professional procrastinator... :oops:

*doubts himself about making it through college in a timely manner* -.-;

mikey
Lemma-Class Veteran
itch: atpprojects

#4 Post by mikey »

Tage wrote:Ah, I see! :? Well, glad to hear it's not down for good! =D It's definitely where my interest in creating my own renai game took root.
Yeah, I've said it before, but if it weren't for Lemma Soft I wouldn't have started releasing games at all. I worked on the contacts and my overall computer skills to be able to do it, but I would have definitely aimed for a big project and failed. Thanks to Lemma's tips I completely changed my planning and Black Pencil was the result. Thanks. I still consider you to be my mentor. *deep bow*

Anyway, I think it's almost a year or so since your last game, Shoujo Attack. Normally I wouldn't advise to let things be for a while, but since you didn't have a completed project for a year (during which you've worked on projects), I'd really suggest you participate in NaNoRenO. Something like a mental vacation. Drop everything (game-project-related) and do a ToL-style story that you don't even have in your head now. You know, something fresh, from scratch, to bring back the joys of game-making. It really helps! NaNoRenO is the perfect opportunity to get back. :P

Sai
Winged Hybrid

#5 Post by Sai »

I can sympathise with your web hosting troubles Lemma, heh.
My webhost closed up business suddenly and the other business that wished to take in the "refugees" had trouble transferring my account and in the end couldn't. They offered space to people but I figured I'd go to a more known webhost, I did but I found it really hard to manage (seems to be more for people who REALLY know what they're doing, with only command prompts and I didn't realise I had to pay extra for certain things... myeh). So now I'm trying to take up that other business on their temporary free space offer. They said the offer is available but I've been trying to contact them to ask if I'm supposed to do something or just wait for their confirmation, for the past few days. No response.
Shame nothing can be easy o_O

darkknight
Veteran

#6 Post by darkknight »

Yeah if it was not for lemmasoft..a lot of us would not be here...

Computer Sci...I am taking that next year or information systems i dont really know yet...Is comp Sci difficult?
If one man speaks out in a crowd against everyones opinion...Who will be remembered? The one who spoke his mind, or the millions that spoke against him....

Tage
Regular

#7 Post by Tage »

Computer Science is basically just a lot of software programming. I find it easy, but others dropped like flies during the first couple weeks of the introductory class. At the front of the semester, there were about 30 people in the class. At the end of the semester, there were like 9 people. :shock:

darkknight
Veteran

#8 Post by darkknight »

I did not really know if Computer sci is more based on programming or networking...I just did not want to take networking only because I took Information Technology (programming) in high school
If one man speaks out in a crowd against everyones opinion...Who will be remembered? The one who spoke his mind, or the millions that spoke against him....

rioka
Royal Manga Tutor
Completed: Amgine Park, Garden Society: Kykuit, Metropolitan Blues (art)

#9 Post by rioka »

Computer Science and Information Systems have programming in them, generally C and C++ along with some other languages (old languages like COBOL to new ones like Java depending on your school program). It's inevitable. You also have to take Calculas I & II and pass. If you don't pass Calculas, you can change your major to MIS (Management Information Systems) which doesn't require Calculas but for CIS (Computer Information Systems), Calculas is required. Computer Science - Calc is a must.

Information Systems deals mainly with networking and managing and implementing databases. MIS is geared more towards a management position and is much easier than CIS. CIS, you have to take Networking and Database Design as well as take an internship usually Senior year along with some extra programming classes.

PyTom
Ren'Py Creator
Completed: Moonlight Walks
Projects: Ren'Py
IRC Nick: renpytom
Github: renpytom
itch: renpytom

#10 Post by PyTom »

Tage wrote:Computer Science is basically just a lot of software programming. I find it easy, but others dropped like flies during the first couple weeks of the introductory class. At the front of the semester, there were about 30 people in the class. At the end of the semester, there were like 9 people. :shock:
This is actually a somewhat misleading description of computer science, at least as it is taught in reasonably good schools. While there is programming, in a good program there's at least as much theory there as well. So you should be expecting to take things like discrete math, graph theory, combinatorics, and algorithms, as well as programming courses.

The fundamental skill you learn in CS is how to break large problems down into small tasks that the computer can manage. You also learn how to figure out how efficently a problem can be solved. The actual programming stuff is usually an afterthough, as programming is a skill that's learned more through practice than organized lectures.

Tage
Regular

#11 Post by Tage »

*cries* I see... Yah, I go to a pretty CRUDDY school :D Didn't mean to mislead anyone... I always speak without knowing much about the topic... ¬_¬ you can expect a lot of this from me in the future, lol...

:oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:

^^^^ how I feel, lol

darkknight
Veteran

#12 Post by darkknight »

So computer sci is just like high school....fun