Freesource Jam - September Edition!

Forum organization and occasional community-building.
Forum rules
Questions about Ren'Py should go in the Ren'Py Questions and Announcements forum.
Candy☆Giants
Regular
Projects: Five Star Freeloaders
Deviantart: idrawbases

Freesource Jam - September Edition!

#1 Post by Candy☆Giants »

Ayy! What's up, Lemma crew?

I'm hosting a game jam for newbies and burnt-out artists: Freesource Jam. It's an event that encourages people to use and create publicly available assets to make games over the month of September! Given the expansive CC/freesource library Lemmasoft has to offer, I thought this would be the perfect place to advertise.

This is my first time hosting such an ambitious event, so I'd appreciate if you got the word out, whether or not you'll participate. :) There are so many great freesources available to devs -- especially VN devs -- and it's worth celebrating them with a game jam!

If you have any questions, etc. direct them to me on Twitterfor quickest response. I'll check back here, too, every now and then. :D

Lin Augustine
Completed: Who Stole the Snow Globe?
Projects: Who Stole the Snow Globe?, The First Sunset
Tumblr: linaugustineart

Re: Freesource Jam - September Edition!

#2 Post by Lin Augustine »

Ooh sounds fun! I'll join. I love game jams (so motivational). Thanks for hosting :)

LydianChord
Completed: Time's Race Against Time, KAIMA Bad Ending Gaiden, Abandoned Building Quest
Projects: Her Tears Were My Light, KAIMA, Mermaid Splash, Us Lovely Corpses (soundtracks)
Tumblr: LydianChord
Github: lydianchord
Soundcloud: LydianChord
itch: alexh

Re: Freesource Jam - September Edition!

#3 Post by LydianChord »

I really enjoyed this game jam! I learned a new open source game engine, Godot, which will probably come in handy in the future.

I made a simple bullet hell game to see if the engine could handle it, and it seems like it performs pretty well. Here it is in case anyone wants to try it: https://alexh.itch.io/bullet-hell-onslaught
Things I've worked on:
- KAIMA Soundtrack (dark RPG with multiple endings, game by NomnomNami here)
- Her Tears Were My Light Soundtrack (NaNoRenO 2016, yuri game with time travel and cute artwork, game by NomnomNami here)
- Abandoned Building Quest (NaNoRenO 2016, weird adventure game with battles and chiptune music)