Be my VN friend? :-)

Forum organization and occasional community-building.
Forum rules
Questions about Ren'Py should go in the Ren'Py Questions and Announcements forum.
Asphodel Kioku
Projects: Zodiac Axis.

Be my VN friend? :-)

#1 Post by Asphodel Kioku »

First, why are you requesting this? aka "introduction"

I am a shy person, and this fact has made me a bit distant from other people because I was too afraid to interact with others and/or be put down by others. Some time later, I have found a rather quiet enjoyment in visual novels, particularly those that have a girl protagonist pursuing boys. However, even the few friends I have made have different interests than me. Another thing is that I can never fit in anywhere, and when I try to speak, nobody listens to me; it's honestly very lonely and painful. So, I'm hoping that maybe we can become friends, talk about the visual novels we played and liked, and maybe even make some together?

What are you interested in?

I have sort of briefly explained that I am interested in girl x boy visual novels. My most favorite genres are fantasy, supernatural, historical, anime, and romance. I especially love them when they are sort of combined together as well (like Hakuouki). I have also played some visual novels from this site as well; I can't really list them all off the top of my head, but the most recent game I have played was Cinderella Phenomenon (demo). In the past, I have also enjoyed Nusantara: Legend of the Winged Ones, Lads in Distress and Heartbaked. If you also like fantasy, supernatural, historical, anime, romance and girl x boy, then I would love to talk with you about those types of games!

So, what will I get out of this?

A new friend to talk to :) ? I think that's really the main thing of it. I want to be able to make new friends here and talk about the things we are passionate about. I also want to create a visual novel with someone (form a group, like Cyanide Tea and Apple Cider) because it looks fun to be making one!

I want to be your friend!

Just that makes me so happy! Just reply down on the thread, private message me or something near that. Considering how I'm not very good at making friends, I'm happy if we can be friends! (o´▽`o)

VN friends?

Yes; until the very very end~ ☆*:.。.o(≧▽≦)o.。.:*☆

Zelan
Lemma-Class Veteran
Completed: The Dark
Projects: Cosplay Couple
Tumblr: evns
itch: Zelan
Discord: ltnkitsuragi#7082

Re: Be my VN friend? :-)

#2 Post by Zelan »

Hello! ^_^ It's great to meet you!

Fantasy is one of my favorite VN genres, too! I'll play pretty much any romantic pairing, but girl x boy is definitely one of my favorites. I haven't played any of your favorites from this site, but they are ALL downloaded on my desktop and waiting to be played. cx Too much work, not enough time, haha.

Here are a few of my favorite GxB VNs from the site! Let me know what you think if you play any of them. owo
Between The Lines - This one's rather short and could use some polishing, but that's understandable since it was a NaNoRenO project. ^_^ The premise is a bit cliché, but the world is immersive and the characters are very cute and lovable. This actually ended up surprising me (in a good way!) and being one of my favorite entries for NaNo this past year.

Diving in Deep - This one's a specific genre of fantasy - mermaids! I don't know if you're into mermaids at all; I tend not to be so interested in them, but I decided to give it a chance and I'm glad I did. ^_^ It's got a lot of CGs, which is something that I love, and the story has bits that are action-packed and bits that are slower and more romantic. It's also the the debut VN of Harliqueen, the founder (and I think only member) of Seraphinite games.

Locked Heart - A fantasy VN based on a few well-known fairytales, and by the same developers of Cinderella Phenomenon! ^_^ I probably don't need to sell this one to you, haha. My favorite route in this one was Royal's route.

Midnight's Café - This one's sort of dark and doesn't have an awful lot of romance, so you might not like it as much as the other recommendations I've given you. I'd still suggest that you at least give it a try, though - the story is deep and emotional, and I think if you unlocked the bonus stories, you'd really enjoy "Her Story." c:

The Lady's Choice - Another one by Seraphinite Games! This one is very, very romantic, so it should be right up your alley. ^_^ Not so much fantasy like the other ones, but I think the romance more than makes up for that. I should warn you before you play this one that Amesbury is not available as a route (so you won't be disappointed). He was originally going to have one but the developer had to cut it from the VN due to a lack of time. She has stated that she would like to be able to do it someday, but we shouldn't expect it anytime soon. The two routes that are available are amazing, though, I promise you.

Ahhhh Cyanide Tea is one of my favorite teams! <3 Which of their VNs have you played? I've played Ristorante Amore, The Elevator, Taarradhin, and Nachtigal, and my favorite of all of those is probably Taarradhin. I also would love to buy Break Chance Memento from them on Steam.

Apple Cider is developing Caramel Mokaccino, right? Have they developed any other ones?

My favorite development teams (besides Cyanide Tea <3) are Seraphinite Games, Hidden Masquerade, Gourmet Visual, and Fervent Studio. I've also liked stuff by sakevisual and Woodsy Studio in the past, although I wouldn't necessarily consider them to be my favorites. Do you have any favorites?

VN friends until the very end! ^_^

кролик девушка

#3 Post by кролик девушка »

hi and welcome i shy too well online only but not in real life. my most liked games are:

https://vndb.org/v10 - Narcissu
https://vndb.org/v16023 - Дедлайн or Deadline (english saying)
https://vndb.org/v15651 - Побег из френззоны - Escape from frenzzony
https://vndb.org/v18207 - Звуки истины - truth Sounds
https://vndb.org/v15806 - Принцесса кошек - Cat Princess

i really like the classic medieval days

Asphodel Kioku

#4 Post by Asphodel Kioku »

Zelan wrote:Hello! ^_^ It's great to meet you!

Fantasy is one of my favorite VN genres, too! I'll play pretty much any romantic pairing, but girl x boy is definitely one of my favorites. I haven't played any of your favorites from this site, but they are ALL downloaded on my desktop and waiting to be played. cx Too much work, not enough time, haha.
You, too! It's nice to meet you as well! Fantasy is my most favor genre, so anything with magic will automatically be in my list of interest. I know what you mean; I have so much work but want to play so many games. One of the games I really want to play and have download (I don't have time) is Halloween Otome.
Zelan wrote:Here are a few of my favorite GxB VNs from the site! Let me know what you think if you play any of them. owo
Between The Lines - This one's rather short and could use some polishing, but that's understandable since it was a NaNoRenO project. ^_^ The premise is a bit cliché, but the world is immersive and the characters are very cute and lovable. This actually ended up surprising me (in a good way!) and being one of my favorite entries for NaNo this past year.

Diving in Deep - This one's a specific genre of fantasy - mermaids! I don't know if you're into mermaids at all; I tend not to be so interested in them, but I decided to give it a chance and I'm glad I did. ^_^ It's got a lot of CGs, which is something that I love, and the story has bits that are action-packed and bits that are slower and more romantic. It's also the the debut VN of Harliqueen, the founder (and I think only member) of Seraphinite games.

Locked Heart - A fantasy VN based on a few well-known fairytales, and by the same developers of Cinderella Phenomenon! ^_^ I probably don't need to sell this one to you, haha. My favorite route in this one was Royal's route.

Midnight's Café - This one's sort of dark and doesn't have an awful lot of romance, so you might not like it as much as the other recommendations I've given you. I'd still suggest that you at least give it a try, though - the story is deep and emotional, and I think if you unlocked the bonus stories, you'd really enjoy "Her Story." c:

The Lady's Choice - Another one by Seraphinite Games! This one is very, very romantic, so it should be right up your alley. ^_^ Not so much fantasy like the other ones, but I think the romance more than makes up for that. I should warn you before you play this one that Amesbury is not available as a route (so you won't be disappointed). He was originally going to have one but the developer had to cut it from the VN due to a lack of time. She has stated that she would like to be able to do it someday, but we shouldn't expect it anytime soon. The two routes that are available are amazing, though, I promise you.
Oh, I have never heard of any of those visual novels! I will make sure to check them out, and maybe play them as well~ especially Locked Heart, because I enjoyed Cinderella Phenomenon a lot, so I think it's safe to say to expect similar things in Locked Heart as well?
Zelan wrote:Ahhhh Cyanide Tea is one of my favorite teams! <3 Which of their VNs have you played? I've played Ristorante Amore, The Elevator, Taarradhin, and Nachtigal, and my favorite of all of those is probably Taarradhin. I also would love to buy Break Chance Memento from them on Steam.
I only played Nachtigal, but I really enjoyed the story and artwork! I haven't checked out the other games. Is Taarradhin also a fantasy game, or is it another genre you really enjoy? Regardless, I'll make sure to check their many other games!
Zelan wrote:Apple Cider is developing Caramel Mokaccino, right? Have they developed any other ones?

My favorite development teams (besides Cyanide Tea <3) are Seraphinite Games, Hidden Masquerade, Gourmet Visual, and Fervent Studio. I've also liked stuff by sakevisual and Woodsy Studio in the past, although I wouldn't necessarily consider them to be my favorites. Do you have any favorites?
I have never heard of any of those except the Seraphinite Games, because you have mentioned them in your recommendation list, haha. Maybe I am living under a rock, unfortunately? I hope that isn't the case. The only groups I have really heard of are Cyanide Tea, Apple Cider, Sake Visual, and I recently discover a new group called Ebullience Games.

Last I heard, Apple Cider is releasing Caramel Mokaccino commercially to fund for the sequel of their first game; I think it's called Autumn Journey. I can't remember off the very top of my mind.
Zelan wrote:VN friends until the very end! ^_^
Yes; a promise? (^_^)

Asphodel Kioku

#5 Post by Asphodel Kioku »

кролик девушка wrote:hi and welcome i shy too well online only but not in real life. my most liked games are:

https://vndb.org/v10 - Narcissu
https://vndb.org/v16023 - Дедлайн or Deadline (english saying)
https://vndb.org/v15651 - Побег из френззоны - Escape from frenzzony
https://vndb.org/v18207 - Звуки истины - truth Sounds
https://vndb.org/v15806 - Принцесса кошек - Cat Princess

i really like the classic medieval days
Thank you for welcoming me! I have never heard of any of those games, and I cannot understand Russian, but they're available in English; I'll probably find a time to check them out at a more deeper level and play them. I'm sort of a fan of the Victorian ish times when I say "historical" though. Such as this upcoming game. As much as it interests me, I don't know if I will have the opportunity to play it unless beta testers are offered, I hope they do! :(

Zelan
Lemma-Class Veteran

#6 Post by Zelan »

Asphodel Kioku wrote:Oh, I have never heard of any of those visual novels! I will make sure to check them out, and maybe play them as well~ especially Locked Heart, because I enjoyed Cinderella Phenomenon a lot, so I think it's safe to say to expect similar things in Locked Heart as well?
I haven't gotten the chance to play Cinderella Phenomenon's Demo yet, so I don't know about all of the minute details, but the fairytale-with-a-twist and the strong-willed protagonist are definitely present in Locked Heart. ^_^
Asphodel Kioku wrote:I only played Nachtigal, but I really enjoyed the story and artwork! I haven't checked out the other games. Is Taarradhin also a fantasy game, or is it another genre you really enjoy? Regardless, I'll make sure to check their many other games!
Hmm, Taarradhin is actually pretty tough to classify as a genre... Maybe historical slice-of-life? It takes place in a non-specific part of Africa and has some fantastical elements, but it's mostly just the gods that the characters believe in.
Asphodel Kioku wrote:I have never heard of any of those except the Seraphinite Games, because you have mentioned them in your recommendation list, haha. Maybe I am living under a rock, unfortunately? I hope that isn't the case. The only groups I have really heard of are Cyanide Tea, Apple Cider, Sake Visual, and I recently discover a new group called Ebullience Games.

Last I heard, Apple Cider is releasing Caramel Mokaccino commercially to fund for the sequel of their first game; I think it's called Autumn Journey. I can't remember off the very top of my mind.
I wouldn't say that you're living under a rock. c: There are so many different creators on here, and a lot of them have their own studio names. The only ones that I would say are *extremely* well known are Cyanide Tea, Hanako Games, sakevisual, and ATP Projects (maybe Winter Wolves Games as well?), but I didn't know them either until I actually spent time on this forum. cx It's partially because they've been members of this forum for a while and partially because they've got high-quality games. In fact, Hanako Games and Winter Wolves Games have a lot of commercial VNs available on Steam (which I haven't played yet), and Cyanide Tea has recently branched out into commercial games. ATP projects has a lot of shorter VNs out on itch.io. I personally am not a huge fan of their stuff - it's all very symbolic and meant to make the player think, but I never feel like I'm "getting it" - but I respect the work that they've done and the writing in the ones that I've played has been impeccable.

Also, Heartbaked was by Gourmet Visual! c:

Ooooh, Autumn's Journey looks cool! :o I'll have to play that one sometime, too.
Zelan wrote:VN friends until the very end! ^_^
Asphodel Kioku wrote:Yes; a promise? (^_^)
Absolutely! owo

Onigirice

#7 Post by Onigirice »

OMG!!! ANOTHER GXB FANS <3 X3333b

Nusantara: Legend of the Winged Ones < LOVE MAS MITRA VERY MUCH XDXD but I think Reksa is cute 2 but I prefer mitra XDXD
Lads in Distress < I love the art and story, fairytale+romance+improvisation= count me in! XDXD
Heartbaked < The kissing scene is hot XDXD and the title is so catchy :3 but it's too short I think XD

If you also like fantasy, supernatural, historical, anime, romance and girl x boy, then I would love to talk with you about those types of games!
me 2 OMG XD

Actually I have some recommendation :
X-Note
Area-X
Reverie
Where's Adabana's Grow?
Monochrome and Colors
Saccharine
Cafe Rouge
^Flash Game

Amnesia : Memories
<3
(P)lanets > not rlly good art but the story is really good :3
a2
Autumn Journeys
Boku no Shokora
Deep Voyage
Destiny Voyage
Dandelion : Wishes Brought to You
Doppelganger : The Dawn of Inverted Souls
Grinning Heart –The Meeting
Grinning Heart 2 –The Voyage
Halloween Otome
Freak-Quency
Heartful Chance!
Heartstring Bugs
How To Take Off Your Mask
Joane’s Crush
Locked Heart
Magical Otoge Anholly
Magical Otoge Ciel
Mystics Messeger
Nachtigal
Nacira
Nameless : The One Thing You Must Recall
Notice Me, Senpai!
Pizz'Amore!
Princess of Ruin
Summer Found Me
Summer Paradise
The Lady’s Choice
Yo-Jin-Bo
Witch Spell
^Ren'Py Games

Maybe u already played/heard some of them :3
Nice to meet ya :3 :3
My favorite creators are Amiralo, AzurexTwilight, and Batensan
My favorite developers are Unbroken Hours, Cheritz, Otomate, and Zeiva.inc

Zelan
Lemma-Class Veteran

#8 Post by Zelan »

Oh, another Nachtigal fan! :D Hello!

kistnerelizabeth
Regular

#9 Post by kistnerelizabeth »

Greetings, fellow VNer! :D I know what it's like for you. I'm sorta socially awkward and mostly stay home and play or create games. My husband and my PC are my best friends. I very rarely hang out with anyone and mostly just work. You're more than welcome to chat with me! I'm a huge VN fan. I only just got into them about a year ago, but I've got, like, 72 of them on my phone and tons of free ones (and some paid ones) on my computer.

Currently, what I own on PC:

Amnesia: Memories
The Amazing Shinsengumi: Heroes In Love
My Secret Pets!
Men Of Yoshiwara: Kikuya

Currently, what I'm playing on my PC (Free games):

Cupid: A Free to Place Visual Novel
Seduce Me Otome Game
Rising Angels: Reborn
Aloners
Pervert&Yandere
Halloween Otome

Currently, what I'm playing on my phone:

Samurai Love Ballad: Party
Rental Boyfriends
Mystic Messenger
7 Hotties All My Husbands
Sweet Proposal
Be My Princess: Party
Sleepless Cinderella: Party
My Forged Wedding: Party
Love Never Dies
Destined to Love: Ikemen
Sweet Scandal
Idol Dormitory
Amazing Shinsengumi
Shall We Date: Wizardess Heart +
My Mystic Romance
Lycoris
Undead Lovers
My Elemental Prince
Otosuku
My Strange Lover

There are tons of games on my PC and phone, but only certain ones I'm playing right now.