Whats going on???

Forum organization and occasional community-building.
Forum rules
Questions about Ren'Py should go in the Ren'Py Questions and Announcements forum.
darkknight
Veteran

#31 Post by darkknight »

wow...I know too much about the England Educational System. Interesting I still dont fully understand it but...Okay..Like...Yeah
If one man speaks out in a crowd against everyones opinion...Who will be remembered? The one who spoke his mind, or the millions that spoke against him....

Megaman Z
Miko-Class Veteran
Projects: NaNoRenO 2016, Ren'Py tutorial series

#32 Post by Megaman Z »

it may not be big news (yet...) but there are two things going on with the local marching band (the Big Red Machine)...

A) a select few members of the drumline will be performing a little piece during a concert. their instruments for this performance include two 32-gal plastic trash cans, a 30-gal metal trash can, some more metal trash can lids, a police whistle (or the closest thing they can get) and I forget the rest.

B) they are going to be doing quite a few fundraisers soon... their "big" trip in the 05-06 school year will be to NYC. (which will be at least $700.00 paid in advance over about six months, more than the washington, D.C. trip they had this school year) they should be performing in a broadcasted parade (I think the macy's day parade. not sure about that.)
~Kitsune Zeta

Megaman Z
Miko-Class Veteran

#33 Post by Megaman Z »

how's this for irony:

anyone who was anywhere near the gulf coast probably got hit by the really big storm system (and possibly flooded.). well, power didn't go out here during the storm (thank Kamisama [Literally translates to "God" in this case]), but come Today, at about seven-ish in the morning, guess what happened.

a transformer blew up.

this effectively knocked out power for a couple houses (mine included) for about an hour and a half. (figures... power goes out on a perfectly sunny day...)
~Kitsune Zeta

bookie
Veteran

#34 Post by bookie »

Megaman Z wrote:it may not be big news (yet...) but there are two things going on with the local marching band (the Big Red Machine)...

A) a select few members of the drumline will be performing a little piece during a concert. their instruments for this performance include two 32-gal plastic trash cans, a 30-gal metal trash can, some more metal trash can lids, a police whistle (or the closest thing they can get) and I forget the rest.
That set peice wouldn't happen to be called Lids would it? We're doing that for an ensemble concert, but instead of garbage cans we're using stools. They sound better.

Megaman Z
Miko-Class Veteran

#35 Post by Megaman Z »

nope. it's "Noises ON!"
~Kitsune Zeta

mikey
Lemma-Class Veteran
itch: atpprojects

#36 Post by mikey »

Alright!! Celebration!

My city's ice hockey team just won the national league! Phew! What a play-off this has been... all the stars from the NHL came back to play in their "home" clubs, our team had basically only Satan (Visnovsky was injured), defending champion Zvolen had Handzus, Orszagh & Zednik, our semi-final opponent Trencin had Hossa, Gaborik & Demitra, but to no effect! Bratislava won, because we had the best team, lots of youngsters and our core players, not exactly superstars, but hard workers. The title is the more valuable, because this year's league (and not only in Slovakia) was the best ever. Some fantastic hockey with lots of goals and turnovers. Yay!

Disclaimer: The mood here is either you're a Bratislava fan, or you just hate the capital, so anyone NOT from the capital will have a completely different opinion.

Megaman Z
Miko-Class Veteran

#37 Post by Megaman Z »

Just got back from a BSA campout. guess what happened.

...no guesses? ok, then...

I got "tapped out" to attempt the OA ordeal (don't know what the OA is? ask any american boy scout who's been a scout for at least a year.), so I'm expecting snail mail from them about when it'll be... based on the rumors I've heard, it's gonna be hell...

A) ONE MEAL ON THE ENTIRE TRIP

B) WORK FROM ~5 TO ~10 NONSTOP, NO TALKING (this is gonna be the hard part...)

C) NO TENTS THE FIRST NIGHT! SLEEPING BAG, TARP, THAT'S IT!

(again, these is all rumor. no confirmation. yet...)

so if you don't hear from me for a weekend and I come back PO'd, you should be able to guess why.
~Kitsune Zeta

bookie
Veteran

#38 Post by bookie »

My bro did that. It rained and he had a nice swim in his sleepingbag. He also said that the boys talk, it's only when they're supervised that they have to shut up. So much for trustworthy. Xp

I'm going to Hawaii for College. I win. *Does the 'I'm getting out of New Jersey' dance*

mikey
Lemma-Class Veteran
itch: atpprojects

#39 Post by mikey »

Okay people, this is once again the day on which for 2 weeks there will be no other topic in my country - the ice hockey world championships 2005 in Vienna (just 60 km from Bratislava) are beginning.
http://www.ihwc.net/english/ has all the info (and it's Slovakia, not Slovenia) At eight tonight, we take on Belarus. Everything is already a buzz (as always), as ice hockey is the single most important sport in here. So, wish us luck (unless you're from the other countries ^_^) and let's just plunge into some hockey.
*runs to buy pop and chips*

darkknight
Veteran

#40 Post by darkknight »

If anyone is interested...

I bought a few things over the past few weeks...

Nic card and a CAT 5e eathernet cable (this works great compared to my old USB cable connection)

I bought a Diamond Stealth "Radeon 7000" Blew the hell out of my 150 power suppy

I have a back-order of a power suppy of 400w

I have made my hardrive removable due my the two removable expasion bays (works fine)

I upgraded from Windows ME to UNIX

Installed Novel AntiVirus

and lastly I used one of my USB ports for a USB hub and the other one I connected a 25m USB extension cable
If one man speaks out in a crowd against everyones opinion...Who will be remembered? The one who spoke his mind, or the millions that spoke against him....

AmbientWarrior

#41 Post by AmbientWarrior »

Whats been happening?...
*thinks about what was in the paper recently*
Ah! They put in a new telephone pole in town a few weeks ago.
Yep... it was on the top of the front page.

darkknight
Veteran

#42 Post by darkknight »

The world will end soon....

They have went from suikoden 1 and 2(two of the best games ever)
Then they experimented with suikoden 3 and it got worse
Next they put togeter a 20 hour long game that was not too good named suikoden 4

But now!!!!

http://ps2.ign.com/articles/642/642556p1.html

Suikoden tactics...
Last edited by darkknight on Tue Aug 23, 2005 1:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

bookie
Veteran

#43 Post by bookie »

I'm in College. University of Hawaii to be exact. No scanner and no time means no Ren'ai. T_T

Megaman Z
Miko-Class Veteran

#44 Post by Megaman Z »

I've got a plan for quick money...

my school's band got this fund raiser, and it's basically these coupon booklets with a schedule of all the football games and other band events on them. here's where the "I get money" part comes in: if I can sell at least 20 of the booklets, then for every booklet I sell, including those first twenty, I get $2.00! (it should also be noted that the booklets cost 10x that amount, so I'd lose money if I simply bought the booklets for myself... at least, initially)

so I've got my work cut out for me. once I get the 40 or so dollars (probably more, but I can't tell), I'm going to go get a game or two.

(and, yes, I know it's been ages since I've really been here posting)
~Kitsune Zeta

PyTom
Ren'Py Creator
Completed: Moonlight Walks
Projects: Ren'Py
IRC Nick: renpytom
Github: renpytom
itch: renpytom

#45 Post by PyTom »

I think you'd probably lose money continually if you kept spending $20 to make $2.

Hm... you make $2 selling the books... so you have to sell 2.5 an hour or so to make minimum wage. I guess that's doable, if you set up a table in a populated area like a mall or outside a supermarket. Otherwise, you might as well just take a job.