Whats going on???

Forum organization and occasional community-building.
Forum rules
Questions about Ren'Py should go in the Ren'Py Questions and Announcements forum.
darkknight
Veteran

Whats going on???

#1 Post by darkknight »

Jerails said this back in october and i just found it

I decided to make this thread about

what is happing in the local area around you??

Just to keep you minds off the soon to be released games...
If one man speaks out in a crowd against everyones opinion...Who will be remembered? The one who spoke his mind, or the millions that spoke against him....

Tage
Regular

#2 Post by Tage »

hm... nothing, nothing, and nothing... oh wait, our mayor is crooked... Is that something? o.o?

Erik
Regular

#3 Post by Erik »

Jolly old exams over here. :P
And spring holidays, they're early :)

rioka
Royal Manga Tutor
Completed: Amgine Park, Garden Society: Kykuit, Metropolitan Blues (art)

#4 Post by rioka »

Iron Chef Morimoto will be at the Mitsuwa Marketplace (NJ) on the 19th this month! =D
Last edited by rioka on Sat Feb 12, 2005 7:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sai
Winged Hybrid

#5 Post by Sai »

Nothing... if you mean my actual local area. Cos thats dinky and probably the only reason to come here is if you a) need to go to a shop here b) have to go to work/school here c) live here. I still love it though.

Anyway... at the moment the top story in England is how Prince Charles is going to marry a woman outside the royal family who people say he always loved, even when married to Princess Diana... There's mixed feelings about the whole thing. But I think a lot of people are against Prince Charles because they sympathised with Princess Diana, who made it evident during her life (she was killed in a car accident unfortunately...) that she was upset at Prince Charles lack of love for her. Although Prince Charles and Princess Diana's sons are said to be in support of the marriage.
Times have changed. In the old days, if a member of the royal family married someone outside of the royal family, they would have to drop out of royalty and apparently there is a story of a prince giving up the opportunity of being king in favour of pursuing his loving relationship with someone outside of the royal family. But I don't think, now that history has repeated itself, that people are seeing it as quite the same flowery love story. Some people are pissed off because the royal family are steadily losing their importance and with this recent incident they are annoyed at having to pay for royalty that aren't actually royalty... What I eman is, currently royalty don't pay taxes so the rest of England pay for them. But in recent times this is being seen as old-fashioned. Apparently the Queen was made to start paying taxes. And well if Prince Charles marries someone outside of the royal family people aren't keen about paying for her existance or whatever.

Well I don't pay much attention to politics so you'll have to look into it yourself if you're interested. I probably got a lot of things mixed up. Yay.

papillon
Arbiter of the Internets
Completed: lots; see website!
Projects: something mysterious involving yuri, usually
Organization: Hanako Games
Tumblr: hanakogames

#6 Post by papillon »

He didn't have to abdicate because she was non-royalty, but because she was an American divorcee of questionable virtue, as I understand it. :) She was Not an Appropriate Bride! And then the two of them ran off and hung out with the nazis or something like that.

Most people I know couldn't care a wink if Charles marries Camilla - in fact it's about time, really. But they don't like him *personally* (and politically) and don't want him to be king, so they're upset that he's being allowed to marry her without getting out of the succession. Does anyone really like the idea of King Charles?

Sai
Winged Hybrid

#7 Post by Sai »

papillon wrote:And then the two of them ran off and hung out with the nazis or something like that.
Hmm... Doesn't sound so flowery anymore.
Thanks for clearing that up about the reason for him having to step down from royalty.

Yeah I don't really care (about the marriage)... but err, then again, I don't really count since I'm out of the loop on a lot of political stuff most the time anyway!

PyTom
Ren'Py Creator
Completed: Moonlight Walks
Projects: Ren'Py
IRC Nick: renpytom
Github: renpytom
itch: renpytom

#8 Post by PyTom »

Well, I checked out what the news was here in Northport by looking at our local paper, "The Observer". There are two front page stories. The first is about the harbormaster fondling one of the waitresses at the yacht club, while the second is a story about how teens smoke on a sidewalk outside the high school's front door, and the school can't/won't enforce a no smoking policy because it's town, and not school, property.

So, a fairly boring week in news around here. I'm thinking of going into the city (New York... what else?) to see "Aliens of the Deep" in IMAX 3D one of these days.

darkknight
Veteran

#9 Post by darkknight »

Well as for me the only thing that happend was at my part-time job

One of my managers was fired for "Doing" a trainee in the frezzer
If one man speaks out in a crowd against everyones opinion...Who will be remembered? The one who spoke his mind, or the millions that spoke against him....

mikey
Lemma-Class Veteran
itch: atpprojects

#10 Post by mikey »

Okay, so what's going on in Bratislava? Ice rain! Tiny drops of rain frozen, just bouncing off your coat, rains in the night, frozen in the morning, all streets are slippery, 90% of the sidewalks iced, so even the trip to your local grocery shop is a fun-packed event with lots of falls. Needless to say, traffic collapse, no one is on time - but the city looks so wonderfully white! :P
darkknight wrote:One of my managers was fired for "Doing" a trainee in the frezzer
In the freezer? Isn't it... COLD in there? :lol:

rioka
Royal Manga Tutor
Completed: Amgine Park, Garden Society: Kykuit, Metropolitan Blues (art)

#11 Post by rioka »

My sisters co-worker's father hanged himself yesterday....
Last edited by rioka on Sun Feb 13, 2005 1:12 am, edited 1 time in total.

Sai
Winged Hybrid

#12 Post by Sai »

eclipse wrote:My sisters co-worker's father hanged himself yesterday....
I'm sorry to hear that... My condolences...

Erik
Regular

#13 Post by Erik »

I'm so sorry :shock:
My condolences..

darkknight
Veteran

#14 Post by darkknight »

mikey wrote: In the freezer? Isn't it... COLD in there? :lol:
Yeah i dont think he could have been in his best form...
the store manager caught them...

Otaku Dash
Veteran

#15 Post by Otaku Dash »

....My condolences.
"Life is like a flower....take care of it and watch it bloom......only there will you see its true beauty" - Myself

"Emptiness....that is...true fear...."

-FEAR THE NARU PUNCH!!- :)