"I really love {}".format(Appreciation)!

Forum organization and occasional community-building.
Forum rules
Questions about Ren'Py should go in the Ren'Py Questions and Announcements forum.
NialGrenville
Regular
Projects: PaS: The Awakening; The Heart Woods; The Witch and the Fairy
Organization: Gabe Works, Inc.

"I really love {}".format(Appreciation)!

#1 Post by NialGrenville »

What a great title huh?

This thread is all about showing love, and adoration, to those things you appreciate most. Be it cliché or original; dull or bright; quick or slow! There is something everyone loves.

I really love the community. You guys by far are the most supportive and intelligent buggers out there. Compaired to other drongos I see lurking everywhere else. We have a first world country going on. We live in this beautiful home we call Lemma Soft. Delecately crafted for us, and what a wonderful gift! Thank you TaleWeaver, PyTom, Blue Lemma, etc.! This is a blessing most people will never receive, so thank you!

You as well! Yes you! Without you we would not have more aspiring developers, artists, or writers! Thank you for joining!

Finally, have a nice day!
*Me*, *You, ***Calamazoo: *Singularity-A.I.*: *Proceed to processing
PaS: The Awakening, current status: 42%
The HeartWoods, current status: 0%
The Wonderful Mell! My PFI creator Honest Critique

silversporksama
Regular
Completed: Senpai WataMite, Last Couple Minutes
Organization: Tokkimeki
Tumblr: Tokkimeki
Deviantart: Tokkimeki
itch: tokkimeki

Re: "I really love {}".format(Appreciation)!

#2 Post by silversporksama »

I agree. I absolutely adore the community here, with all the support and constructive criticism... I'm not sure there's any other place I'm this comfortable with discussing ideas and asking for help. Everyone is an absolute darling, and there's so much creativity and talent at every corner that I can't feel anything more than love ;___; love for your projects and love for your peers and their work...
Shy as I am, I can't help but waddle around! ;;;

I also love the people who go out of their way to review people's work! There were at least a couple of people on here who told me they made accounts just so they could leave reviews and honestly, I don't think I've been any more flattered than I was those few times! Really, it's all these kind souls that give you the strength to keep trying to make great games ;a;

And a silly thing, but I love all the characters who make it into peoples' games. Sometimes they're of a precious few, or the lucky ones among hundreds of original characters that get an extra labor of love to be shared and showed to the rest of the world? It's amazing. Seeing people's characters come to life in their games is seeing these ideas and plans come to life and it's absolutely amazing...

Goodness, I hope others can pick up on this thread, it feels really nice to be able to express all this somewhere;;;

Mammon
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: Pervert&Yandere, Stalker&Yandere
Projects: Roses Of The Thorn Prince

#3 Post by Mammon »

I agree, Lemmasoft is a rare gem in the harsh world that is the internet. Other forums I've visited fall either under catagory A) Rants and flamewars, or B) Completely devoided of life. I actually read a general topic thread a while ago where they were discussing that this community was too friendly to say anything bad to people. If only the entire internet was so nice that people would have to make a 'honest critique' button just to make sure they'd get critique.

But if I would have to add one more thing I like about Lemmasoft, it would be the ren'py cookbook, ensuring an easy way into working with and improving in Ren'py by giving many tips and helpful quotes about code tricks and improvements. We can all understand art and writing to a certain extend even if we can't do it ourselves, but coding really needs a community like this one.
ImageImageImage

Want some CC sprites?

NialGrenville
Regular
Projects: PaS: The Awakening; The Heart Woods; The Witch and the Fairy
Organization: Gabe Works, Inc.

#4 Post by NialGrenville »

Man, I should have just named this thread: "I really love this community because {}".format(Adoration). Because, this community is a Godsend. I'm having people assist me in my art! It has been so long since I've had someone to help me. My people and creatures suffer from that.

So thank you to all the lovely artists for joining my journey! Allowing me to start growing again is the best gift I can receive. I cannot thank you enough!

I also appreciate the world around us (I live on a 17 acre farm). Walking the trails eases the mind, and provides great ideas. The serenity of the forest swaddles the innocence of the mind. An image of confusion, and an image of hope. The gold, red, and orange leaves now decorate the ground. Blending the grasses green with a dash of fall. The bare branches, while menacing now, will soon be covered in snow. Making the ivory horizon shimmer, like a star. Pure snow decorates Mother Nature with her wedding dress, how beautiful it is!

I should shut up. Have a nice day!
*Me*, *You, ***Calamazoo: *Singularity-A.I.*: *Proceed to processing
PaS: The Awakening, current status: 42%
The HeartWoods, current status: 0%
The Wonderful Mell! My PFI creator Honest Critique

PyTom
Ren'Py Creator
Completed: Moonlight Walks
Projects: Ren'Py
IRC Nick: renpytom
Github: renpytom
itch: renpytom

#5 Post by PyTom »

Mammon wrote:But if I would have to add one more thing I like about Lemmasoft, it would be the ren'py cookbook, ensuring an easy way into working with and improving in Ren'py by giving many tips and helpful quotes about code tricks and improvements. We can all understand art and writing to a certain extend even if we can't do it ourselves, but coding really needs a community like this one.
While I don't think there's anything special about the Ren'Py sections, I do think that a lot of of this comes from running the LSF as a quasi-technical community. My feeling is that technical communities focus on the sorts of problems that bring people together. Person A helps person B, and then when they're skilled enough, person B pays it forward to person C, and so on. That's very different than a more chat-focused board, where there isn't a sort of common cause to unite people.

And I love the community that is here - since like, I think even without ever being told the secret plan, everyone here just kind of naturally gets it - or at least enough do that the forum remains vibrant, despite the userbase partially turning over every few years.
NialGrenville wrote:I also appreciate the world around us (I live on a 17 acre farm).
Lucky. I love that you can take the time to appreciate that sort of thing.

I really love driving, for the sake of driving, as much as getting places. Like - rather then driving as fast as I can on the interstates, I leave myself a few extra hours, and take the US highways, or even local roads. There's something nice about going through people's front yards, downtowns, places where things happened - turning nowhere into somewhere. After a while, you get a sort of sixth sense for where something wonderful is likely to be. Recent examples of this include driving to the top of a mountain and seeing a rainbow, and seeing two rivers join on the GPS map, driving there, and realizing we're now standing at the place where the Ohio and Mississippi join. A place where Lewis and Clark once camped out.

I'm totally rambling here - but GPS is also kind of amazing. Not only is getting lost largely a thing of the past - which lets me drive boldy off my planned route - it's the sort of thing that gets more amazing the more you know about it. (For example, the amount of power used to transmit the GPS signal to you is less than 30 Watts - about the same as 3 modern light bulbs, or one old one - and that's sent to you from over 20,000 KM (12,000 miles) away!)
Supporting creators since 2004
(When was the last time you backed up your game?)
"Do good work." - Virgil Ivan "Gus" Grissom
Software > Drama • https://www.patreon.com/renpytom