What music to listen to while drawing?

Forum organization and occasional community-building.
Forum rules
Questions about Ren'Py should go in the Ren'Py Questions and Announcements forum.
arty
Regular
Completed: White Monday
Projects: HATE is a 4 Letter Word
Organization: KATHARSIS ART
itch: artys-games

Re: What music to listen to while drawing?

#31 Post by arty »

I do this thing where I listen to the same song on repeat for hours while working on one drawing ... I don't really consciously hear the music anymore at some point, but I do notice when it stops for whatever reason and I try to fix that asap because I can't focus without it either.

LateWhiteRabbit
Eileen-Class Veteran
Projects: The Space Between

Re: What music to listen to while drawing?

#32 Post by LateWhiteRabbit »

arty wrote: Tue Jan 09, 2018 9:26 am I do this thing where I listen to the same song on repeat for hours while working on one drawing ... I don't really consciously hear the music anymore at some point, but I do notice when it stops for whatever reason and I try to fix that asap because I can't focus without it either.
I'm the same way - I generally put anywhere from 1-3 songs on a loop and just listen to that over and over again as I draw. It keeps me from focusing on the music. I'm not actively listening after the first few rotations.

I used to do this at the studio I worked at - just the same few songs on a loop for the entire 9-12 hour day. I'd change up the songs every few days for variety, but I'd never loop that many at once. We started a thing at the studio where we would do 'theme' weeks for music - listen to a different genre of music each week. It was pretty neat for introducing you to new stuff, but it was quiet enough you could put in your own headphones to play your own music when and if you wanted.