2016 Secret Santa

Forum organization and occasional community-building.
Forum rules
Questions about Ren'Py should go in the Ren'Py Questions and Announcements forum.
chocojax
Miko-Class Veteran
Projects: Umbra, Familiarity, Maleficent Justice
Tumblr: chocojax

Re: 2016 Secret Santa

#16 Post by chocojax »

Yaaay, secret santa!

For my wishlist, I'd prefer art/writing/music. Uh, of my character Claire (really old thread here) and something cute and wintery. Like playing with penguins or something! :D

I can do art, but I can attempt writing if need be hahahaha.

Yomuchan
Regular
Projects: Codename: NSD!
Organization: Forkheads
IRC Nick: Yomu
Deviantart: Yomuchan
itch: yomuchan.itch.io

#17 Post by Yomuchan »

Ohohohohoho! We meet again, my rival!

Sure, I'm up for it. I can draw, and write.

Dreamgazer
Veteran
Completed: Death Room; Don't Take This Risk; War: 13th Day; War Specials
Projects: Beauty and the War (X Playing Pieces)
Organization: Poison Apple Tales
Tumblr: poisonappletales
Deviantart: PoisonAppleTales

#18 Post by Dreamgazer »

Everybody's added! Let's make this awesome. (And to those of you who celebrated Thanksgiving, hope you had a good one!)
Reikun wrote:OOOHHH thank you for hosting Secret Santa again this year, Dreamgazer! As always I am happy to be a substitute santa if someone has to drop out/cannot complete their gift for any reason!
Thanks for volunteering, Reikun! :)

kistnerelizabeth
Regular

#19 Post by kistnerelizabeth »

I haven't done secret Santa in years. This sounds like a lot of fun! Plus, it's my birthday and life is finally getting better and so I'm in a great mood and would love to participate.

I'm currently in the process of creating a VN on my own (everything is done by myself, save for BETA tests done by family and friends) and would love something cool such as a basic base for a GUI. It doesn't even have to be complete. I just would love to see what others can do, instead of taking what is available for free in creative commons, especially because I'm not really good at GUI, as of yet. Whoever gets me would be credited, obviously, for creating the base. ^_^

For an example of what I'm going for with my game, these are the themes of the plot: demons, angels, magic, a world being destroyed by war, and 3 different layers to the world (the heavens, the underworld, and the surface). Think D&D.

If not a base for a GUI, then I would LOVE to get an opinion/review of some characters from the VN I am working on. I don't really have a lot of like-minded VN fans around me, so I'm not 100% sure if my family/friends' opinions totally count for the vibe I'm wanting people to get from my characters. Plus, I'm more of a copycat artist than a fantasy artist, so these fantasy characters were hard to design and draw. I definitely want to ensure they are good enough that you can tell what they're supposed to be.

The ones I love, that I really want others to love, and want reviews for are these ones:

Kaiden, the incubus-demon alchemist who comes to your rescue as your body guard. He can be kinda bratty, so he gets the nickname "Bratty Bat":
https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/56 ... 4633af.jpg

Felix, the wolf-demon guardian of the forest and his wolf familiar, Fernie. They become recruited as body guards, helping you flee through the forests:
https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/56 ... ce1060.jpg

Zander, the dragon mercenary that sees you as "innocent" and "adorable" and wants to protect you from the world:
https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/56 ... de1887.jpg

As for what I can give people, I can write and draw and could even create a cake in your honor and snap some pics of it for you since I'm a chef and work in a bakery.

UPA

#20 Post by UPA »

Hahah! I'd love to be part of this :'3

My wishlist issss...
-Young subalterns anytime from 1790-1918
-Boarding schools set in the same period
-Pretty flappers from the 20's.
-Lady Oscar/Rose Of Versailles
-Karoliner from the Swedish 17th century army
-Military uniforms
-Military adventures
Can be as pretty, comic, or tastelessly offensive as you like. Art/writing/games/music, all is welcome! As long as there is some attempt at historical accuracy. Unless you're drawing fantasy things or ROV, then all goes :)

I'm a half-decent artist and writer!
(And I can act as a backup santa!)

Elze
Veteran
Tumblr: Poepii

#21 Post by Elze »

I can't recall if I joined SS last year but I somehow feel an uncontrollable urge to join this yr.

Wishlist:
Anything related to Lads in Distress
Art of either of these 2 fellas
A collaboration..? This is if you do something non-art (eg. writing, music, video-editing) and you're up for a non-committal fun project
Anything related to BTS or Big Bang (k-pop | Nope not Sheldon pls)

I can offer.. art. only. If desperate enough I can do sub-par writing but I'll feel incredibly sorry for the poor recipient. And pls don't give me a music request, I can't even blow on a recorder without sounding like a dying whale.

TY <3

Doodleshy
Soundcloud: Doodleshy

#22 Post by Doodleshy »

This seems interesting...
I wish for:
-A free BG artist
-A writer that's willing to work with me
-Basically a team of talented individuals who are willing to work for free
-Friends to keep me from faltering from what I need to do to finish my projects
-Lessons on how to write BxG, GxG, and GxB scenes.(I'm only good at BxB, don't know why...)
I think that's about it, unless you want to spend money on me. In that case...
-A Irisu Makina dakimakura

I should mention I have no talents. I have least amount of no talent in writing, doing stupid voices, and playing a kazoo. I can almost sing and draw. I'm willing to try anything, but don't expect the highest of quality. Alright, I need to stop talking.

bosinpai
Regular

#23 Post by bosinpai »

Doodleshy wrote:This seems interesting...
I wish for:
-A free BG artist
-A writer that's willing to work with me
-Basically a team of talented individuals who are willing to work for free
-Friends to keep me from faltering from what I need to do to finish my projects
-Lessons on how to write BxG, GxG, and GxB scenes.(I'm only good at BxB, don't know why...)
I think that's about it, unless you want to spend money on me. In that case...
-A Irisu Makina dakimakura

I should mention I have no talents. I have least amount of no talent in writing, doing stupid voices, and playing a kazoo. I can almost sing and draw. I'm willing to try anything, but don't expect the highest of quality. Alright, I need to stop talking.
Remember that Santa works during December and is in on vacation the rest of the year ;)
So your wishlist needs to propose stuff that Secret Santa will work on with his/her little hands during December
(which may or may not evolve in a fruitful collaboration later on :))

Dreamgazer
Veteran

#24 Post by Dreamgazer »

Everybody's on the list! If there are any corrections needed, speak now or forever hold your peace. :)
UPA wrote:(And I can act as a backup santa!)
Thank you kindly for volunteering, UPA!
Elze wrote:I can't recall if I joined SS last year but I somehow feel an uncontrollable urge to join this yr.
As the host from last year, I don't believe so, but I'm glad you decided to join the fun this year. Welcome aboard, Elze!

Just as a reminder, the deadline is midnight - 12 AM EST today. That's in a little over an hour, so if you want to sign up, please let me know ASAP.

Dreamgazer
Veteran

#25 Post by Dreamgazer »

All right! It's midnight. I'll be PMing everyone their Secret Santa partner shortly. If you don't hear from me by tomorrow evening, feel free to give me a polite nudge.

It's time to start spreading the cheer!

EDIT: I've messaged everyone about who their partner is. If you didn't receive it for whatever reason, please let me know. I'll be checking in with everyone this Sunday, but if you rather not hear from me, you're welcome to post about your progress in this thread. This way, if anything goes wrong, my back-up Santas and I have plenty of time to swoop in and save the day. :)

kistnerelizabeth
Regular

#26 Post by kistnerelizabeth »

Can I gift my gift a little early, like on the 22nd or something? I've got long work hours and tons of Christmas parties and planning after today, so I wanna ensure it arrives on time, because I'm bound to forget with all that's going on outside of the internet.

bosinpai
Regular

#27 Post by bosinpai »

kistnerelizabeth wrote:Can I gift my gift a little early, like on the 22nd or something? I've got long work hours and tons of Christmas parties and planning after today, so I wanna ensure it arrives on time, because I'm bound to forget with all that's going on outside of the internet.
Check the first post of the topic :) The plan is to give out gifts on 23-25 december, or you can send it to dreamgazer who will forward it for you at that time.
Well, or just send it in ~24h, that's what I'll do ;)

kistnerelizabeth
Regular

#28 Post by kistnerelizabeth »

bosinpai wrote:
kistnerelizabeth wrote:Can I gift my gift a little early, like on the 22nd or something? I've got long work hours and tons of Christmas parties and planning after today, so I wanna ensure it arrives on time, because I'm bound to forget with all that's going on outside of the internet.
Check the first post of the topic :) The plan is to give out gifts on 23-25 december, or you can send it to dreamgazer who will forward it for you at that time.
Well, or just send it in ~24h, that's what I'll do ;)
I feel silly for not checking the first post. Thank you for your response! I'll definitely do what you suggested and send it to dreamgazer.

Dreamgazer
Veteran

#29 Post by Dreamgazer »

Thanks for answering, bosinpai!

I just want to repeat that you can give your gift anywhere from the 23rd to the 25th. You can PM the person you're playing Secret Santa for and/or post about it in this thread.

If you feel like you can't make the deadline for any reason, please let me know. I'll make sure your partner gets your present. :) Merry Christmas, everyone!

Oh, and if you haven't received your gift by December 30, kindly send me a message and I'll see what went wrong.

bosinpai
Regular

#30 Post by bosinpai »

So, I'm giving my first gift of the year here before I get busy playing Santa IRL ;)

Here's your present Yomuchan!
Lively Ayano-chan fan-art
Lively Ayano-chan fan-art
It was a pleasure to make it and I'm glad I got to work on it for Secret Santa.
I hope your enjoy it :)