2016 Secret Santa

Forum organization and occasional community-building.
Forum rules
Questions about Ren'Py should go in the Ren'Py Questions and Announcements forum.
Dreamgazer
Veteran
Completed: Death Room; Don't Take This Risk; War: 13th Day; War Specials
Projects: Beauty and the War (X Playing Pieces)
Organization: Poison Apple Tales
Tumblr: poisonappletales
Deviantart: PoisonAppleTales

2016 Secret Santa

#1 Post by Dreamgazer »

It's that time of the year again, everyone. No, not Thanksgiving - even though it is a wonderful day of delicious turkey and time with family. It's this!
For those new to this, here's how it works. You leave a comment or send me a PM about what you want. Then, on December 1, you'll receive the name of who you're playing Secret Santa for and what they want. At that point, it's your job to give that lucky person the gift they've always wanted (or, at the very least, the closest thing to it!).

Let's make sure no one goes without a present this Christmas.

Following along the rules of 2010, 2011, 2013, 2014, and 2015...here's the break-down:

1) Submit your wishlist. (November 15 - November 30)
You can send me a PM or comment here. If you like, you can mention multiple items. Do you want a poem? Do you want a piece of art, fanfic, or music? Just say it!

If you don't have anything specific in mind, you can make it vague. Maybe there's a particular character you want to see or a genre you like. Whatever it is, mention it and see what happens. Dreams can come true.
Caveat Lector wrote:If the request is fandom-related, please at least provide a basic reference for the characters or source material.
To be exact, the deadline is December 1 at 12 AM EST.

2) Check in with Your Work! (December 1 - December 23)
I will PM everyone the name of their partner and their wishlist. Please try your best to complete your present before December 25! This will spare you the stress of rushing to finish and your partner the possibility of receiving nothing. Don't let that happen to you!
TsukiShima wrote: The present can be in any form (if your requester didn't specify them):
- Arts : Fanarts, comics, video, animations, wallpapers, etc.
- Writing : Fanfiction, short story, review, poems, etc.
- Musics : BGM, theme song, lyrics, etc.
- Programming : Short fangame, gui, etc.
- or anything else, get creative!
3) Get Your Present! (December 23 - 25)
It's time to play Santa! You're free to post it here or PM your partner personally. December 25 is your deadline. If you haven't received anything by December 30, let me know ASAP.

Mini-FAQ

Are you having trouble fulfilling your request? Just tell me. I will check in with your partner and ask whether they can tweak their wishlist. Don't forget to tell me what you're good at doing (i.e. writing, drawing, programming, and so on). If there's anything you're uncertain about (the requester's phrasing, perhaps), talk to me. I'll bring it up with your partner and see if we can't get that little misunderstanding straightened out.

Expect a PM from me once a week, starting December 4. I'll ask about your Secret Santa progress every Sunday evening. But there's no pressure! I just want to hear if everything's going well or if you're in need of any help. But if I don't receive a reply, I'll have to give you another shout-out a few days later. If I don't get an answer after the third time, I'll have no choice but to assume you dropped out.

Do you want to be a back-up Secret Santa? Please do! I would be so grateful. Just send me a PM.

You finished your present in time but can't get into the forums by December 25. It's not a problem! Send it to me. I'll hand it over to your partner for you.

If you want to let me know about your progress, just post here. I only ask that you don't edit one of your previous posts. Otherwise, you'll make it difficult for me to keep track of it. Then, I'll end up sending you a "How you doing?" PM on Sunday, and I'm sure you don't want that. Or do you?

Do you want to drop out? Send me a PM. Like I said, I don't want anyone going empty-handed on Christmas. I or a back-up Secret Santa will handle it!

In short, do your best to finish in time! If you run into any troubles, send me a PM. Most importantly, enjoy yourself. Have yourselves a Merry Christmas!

WISHLIST
bosinpai wrote:- I would love a piece of peaceful music
- Alternatively a short VN story/script so I could move my butt and make another bite-size game :)
chickandnugget wrote:Art related to my game Romancin Dudes
...or Nishinoya from Haikyuu lol
chocojax wrote:For my wishlist, I'd prefer art/writing/music. Uh, of my character Claire (really old thread here) and something cute and wintery. Like playing with penguins or something! :D
Dreamgazer wrote:Anything related to my Beauty and the War (X Playing Pieces) series.

Aside from the main game itself (which is presently my favorite), this series includes every other game I've made so far (that I mostly used for getting the hang of Ren'Py).
Here's the breakdown:
Death Room (teaser for Halloween)
Don't Take This Risk (features a character who will appear in Beauty and the War)
Ready, Set, Parody! (April Fools' parody)
War: 13th Day (prequel)
War: Valentine Edition (rom-com special)

(Note: If there's going to be a romantic element, I like GxB or BxG. ;))
Elze wrote:Wishlist:
Anything related to Lads in Distress
Art of either of these 2 fellas
A collaboration..? This is if you do something non-art (eg. writing, music, video-editing) and you're up for a non-committal fun project
Anything related to BTS or Big Bang (k-pop | Nope not Sheldon pls)
Hojita wrote:-Something related to lemons (yes, the fruit). It can be art, music, a short cute VN, almost anything.
-Or even better, it can be lemons in space!!
-Someone to work with one some projects for a very long time. Speceally looking for bg artists and sprite artists. It weill be for free since I don't have the money right now (?)
Katta wrote:Normal-mode: something related to my project Virtuality
God-mode: space otome 8)
kistnerelizabeth wrote:I'm currently in the process of creating a VN on my own (everything is done by myself, save for BETA tests done by family and friends) and would love something cool such as a basic base for a GUI. It doesn't even have to be complete. I just would love to see what others can do, instead of taking what is available for free in creative commons, especially because I'm not really good at GUI, as of yet. Whoever gets me would be credited, obviously, for creating the base. ^_^

For an example of what I'm going for with my game, these are the themes of the plot: demons, angels, magic, a world being destroyed by war, and 3 different layers to the world (the heavens, the underworld, and the surface). Think D&D.

If not a base for a GUI, then I would LOVE to get an opinion/review of some characters from the VN I am working on. I don't really have a lot of like-minded VN fans around me, so I'm not 100% sure if my family/friends' opinions totally count for the vibe I'm wanting people to get from my characters. Plus, I'm more of a copycat artist than a fantasy artist, so these fantasy characters were hard to design and draw. I definitely want to ensure they are good enough that you can tell what they're supposed to be.

The ones I love, that I really want others to love, and want reviews for are these ones:

Kaiden, the incubus-demon alchemist who comes to your rescue as your body guard. He can be kinda bratty, so he gets the nickname "Bratty Bat":
https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/56 ... 4633af.jpg

Felix, the wolf-demon guardian of the forest and his wolf familiar, Fernie. They become recruited as body guards, helping you flee through the forests:
https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/56 ... ce1060.jpg

Zander, the dragon mercenary that sees you as "innocent" and "adorable" and wants to protect you from the world:
https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/56 ... de1887.jpg
ludeshka wrote:Please give me: Art, fic, (music?), (a fangame?? O_O) about Hierofanía! Did you know the sequel is out? And that I'm working on the third? I truly do not know when to give up.
Mama J wrote:-A Free Background Artist
-Original Wallpaper or anything art-related of my game, Beauty and the Brothers: viewtopic.php?f=43&t=40858
Reikun wrote:My wishlist is anything related to one of my games (fanart/fanfic/etc): http://skyharborr.itch.io
Rinima wrote:Wishlist: I'd actually really love a music piece, something sad/sentimental. Or a cute Yuri on Ice fanfic (I don't mind nsfw but I don't mind if it doesn't have anything like that) XD
SilverHyena wrote:Anything related to or inspired by any of my games or games I've helped with. So... Sacred Sand, Mira's Magical Mishap, Ben and the Devil, Essence Hunt, Cute Demon Crashers, or Heirs and Graces.
Sonomi wrote:My wish list:
- A happy BGM
OR
- 1 male character sprite (with any style or pose you like)
UPA wrote:-Young subalterns anytime from 1790-1918
-Boarding schools set in the same period
-Pretty flappers from the 20's.
-Lady Oscar/Rose Of Versailles
-Karoliner from the Swedish 17th century army
-Military uniforms
-Military adventures
Can be as pretty, comic, or tastelessly offensive as you like. Art/writing/games/music, all is welcome! As long as there is some attempt at historical accuracy. Unless you're drawing fantasy things or ROV, then all goes :)
Windchimes wrote:
Yomuchan wrote:What do I want? As always, fan art of Ayano-chan.
http://i.imgur.com/YtwtpnX.jpg
Last edited by Dreamgazer on Sat Dec 31, 2016 9:36 pm, edited 14 times in total.

Katta
Veteran
Tumblr: gamesbykatta
Deviantart: katjama

Re: 2016 Secret Santa

#2 Post by Katta »

Me, me! First!
Wishlist:
Normal-mode: something related to my project Virtuality
God-mode: space otome 8)

Mama J
Regular
Projects: An Otaku's Guide to Santa's Reindeer; Signed and Sealed with a Kiss
Organization: Anomalis
Tumblr: anomalis
Deviantart: anomalisgames
itch: anomalis-games

#3 Post by Mama J »

Ack! This is so cute~ I've always loved doing Secret Santa ^^

Wishlist:
-A Free Background Artist
-Original Wallpaper or anything art-related of my game, Beauty and the Brothers: viewtopic.php?f=43&t=40858

bosinpai
Regular

#4 Post by bosinpai »

Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay!!!!! I was eager to participate and about to poll past organizers about this year ^^

What is my wish? Err... was I supposed to think about that? ^^ Hmmm....
- I would love a piece of peaceful music
- Alternatively a short VN story/script so I could move my butt and make another bite-size game :)

These days I'm more apt to make art/drawing and programming gifts.

Dreamgazer
Veteran

#5 Post by Dreamgazer »

Loving everyone's enthusiasm. :)

I have everyone added! If there's anything you'd like me to change, kindly let me know ASAP.

Hojita
Regular
Projects: sidérea
Tumblr: hojitasdelimon
Deviantart: limolimonera

#6 Post by Hojita »

Joining!

-Something related to lemons (yes, the fruit). It can be art, music, a short cute VN, almost anything.
-Or even better, it can be lemons in space!!
-Someone to work with one some projects for a very long time. Speceally looking for bg artists and sprite artists. It weill be for free since I don't have the money right now (?)
-

Katta
Veteran
Tumblr: gamesbykatta
Deviantart: katjama

#7 Post by Katta »

Hojita wrote: -Or even better, it can be lemons in space!!
Oh wow, that's one interesting request :lol:

ludeshka
Veteran
Completed: Hierofanía / Next Door Taker/Rhyme or Reason /Hierofanía 2
Projects: Hierofanía 3 (I swear it's the last one)
Tumblr: sillyraccoonknight
Deviantart: ludeshka
itch: ludeshka

#8 Post by ludeshka »

I have been BLESSED every time I participated, so no way I'm sitting out of this one.

Soooo, Dear Secret Santa.

Please give me: Art, fic, (music?), (a fangame?? O_O) about Hierofanía! Did you know the sequel is out? And that I'm working on the third? I truly do not know when to give up.

Rinima
Eileen-Class Veteran
Projects: WtRF
Organization: Harmonic Dreams
IRC Nick: Rinima or Charlie
Deviantart: Emlindes

#9 Post by Rinima »

Sure why not.

Wishlist: I'd actually really love a music piece, something sad/sentimental. Or a cute Yuri on Ice fanfic (I don't mind nsfw but I don't mind if it doesn't have anything like that) XD

Stuff I can do: Art or writing. I'm better at sprites than full CG's just to keep in mind.
Pronouns: They/them or He/him

Sonomi
Veteran
Projects: Lethargy of Snow
itch: sonomi

#10 Post by Sonomi »

Hi, I'd like to join as well!

My wish list:
- A happy BGM
OR
- 1 male character sprite (with any style or pose you like)

xavimat
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: Yeshua, Jesus Life, Cops&Robbers
Projects: Fear&Love, unknown
Organization: Pilgrim Creations
Github: xavi-mat
itch: pilgrimcreations

#11 Post by xavimat »

Wow! Secret Santa again!
I can't participate this year :(
But I'll be secretly lurking cheering you all. :D :D
Thanks to Dreamgazer for hosting it again.
Comunidad Ren'Py en español: ¡Únete a nuestro Discord!
Rhaier Kingdom A Ren'Py Multiplayer Adventure Visual Novel.
Cops&Robbers A two-player experiment | Fear&Love Why can't we say I love you?
Honest Critique (Avatar made with Chibi Maker by ~gen8)

Dreamgazer
Veteran

#12 Post by Dreamgazer »

Everybody's added! It's great seeing new and old faces. :) Ooh, I remember being your Secret Santa last year, ludeshka. (I'm still happy you liked your gift!)
xavimat wrote:Wow! Secret Santa again!
I can't participate this year :(
But I'll be secretly lurking cheering you all. :D :D
Thanks to Dreamgazer for hosting it again.
Hi, xavimat! Well, I still have you to thank for the Secret Santa randomizer I'll be using, so you'll definitely be a big part of spreading the Christmas cheer. If you ever change your mind about joining, just let me know! There's always room for another person.

SilverHyena
Veteran
Completed: Sacred Sand (BxB), Mira's Magical Mishap (GxG), Ben and the Devil, Cute Demon Crashers (GxB/G) (18+), Heirs and Graces (BxB), My Magical Divorce Bureau (AllxAll), Essence Hunt (BxB)
Deviantart: http://silverhyena.d
itch: https://silverhyena.

#13 Post by SilverHyena »

As always, I want in on this. 8)

Wishlist:

Anything related to or inspired by any of my games or games I've helped with. So... Sacred Sand, Mira's Magical Mishap, Ben and the Devil, Essence Hunt, Cute Demon Crashers, or Heirs and Graces.

chickandnugget
Regular
Projects: circuit/break
Tumblr: chickandnugget
itch: Edelblu

#14 Post by chickandnugget »

I'm up for this!

Wishlist:
Art related to my game Romancin Dudes
...or Nishinoya from Haikyuu lol

I can do mainly do writing stuff, but also art if duty calls.

Reikun
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: Mnemonic Devices, Ciikos Bridge, Helena's Flowers, The Madness
Projects: Fox in the Hollyhocks
Organization: skyharborr
itch: skyharborr

#15 Post by Reikun »

OOOHHH thank you for hosting Secret Santa again this year, Dreamgazer! As always I am happy to be a substitute santa if someone has to drop out/cannot complete their gift for any reason!

My wishlist is anything related to one of my games (fanart/fanfic/etc): http://skyharborr.itch.io
I can do.... art xD

I wish everyone a great end of the year!
ImageImageImage

fastest way to contact me: DM @skyharborr on twitter