Desperate Answer Needed-Is it safe to travel to Italy?

Forum organization and occasional community-building.
Forum rules
Questions about Ren'Py should go in the Ren'Py Questions and Announcements forum.
ElectricBlaze1

Re: Desperate Answer Needed-Is it safe to travel to Italy?

#16 Post by ElectricBlaze1 »

Most people speak English there, so it shouldn't be hard to communicate.

Scribbles
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: Pinewood Island, As We Know It
Projects: In Blood
Organization: Jaime Scribbles Games
Deviantart: breakfastdoodles
itch: scribbles

#17 Post by Scribbles »

I have a lot of anxiety whenever I travel as well, I usually ask my doctor for some anti anxiety medication to take while driving/flying (Though I obviously don't drive the car while on the medication! I'm a passenger) and that's helped me. It also helps me to look at pictures of the places I'll be going, maps, layouts, and try to plan things in advance as much as possible. Read up on customs and etiquette that's common for those areas, and try to learn a few phrases you might need (where is the bathroom, do you speak english, excuse me/i'm sorry, thank you, hello, welcome, goodbye, please, where is 'this location', how do you say 'this' in italian, I need help, and so on -- or buy a phrase book/borrow one from the library/get an app for your phone)

I hope you go and have a lot of fun!
Image - Image -Image

dott.Piergiorgio
Veteran

#18 Post by dott.Piergiorgio »

going into the other direction, I currently have a niece in NY. Hope to not have need of help...

Best regards from Italy,
dott. Piergiorgio.

SinaAzad
Veteran
IRC Nick: SinaAzad
Deviantart: sinaazad
Soundcloud: Sina_Azad

#19 Post by SinaAzad »

hey there, I live in Florence, Italy, it is safe, you dont need to worry about anything, just remember that a lot of people here don't speak English! by the way, I'm not Italian so you can count on my word!

Just make sure that you keep your wallet and passport somewhere safe ( I mean don't put it in your backpack!) also if you want to try real Italian food try avoiding the touristic areas! ah also leather if you wanna buy leather try not to buy them in the street unless you want a Chinese bag with the logo of Florence! other than this everything is fine here and you can feel safe! if you have any other question feel free to ask!

also there is no need to mention that Italians are really nice!
I am very proud to be a part of this generous, nice and friendly community!
but please, don't go around telling people that their work is somehow off! thats not how critique works!
Mainly a C# Programmer

My drawings: