VN devs at GDC 2017?

Forum organization and occasional community-building.
Forum rules
Questions about Ren'Py should go in the Ren'Py Questions and Announcements forum.
Kinmoku
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: One Night Stand
Projects: VIDEOVERSE
Tumblr: gamesbykinmoku
itch: kinmoku

VN devs at GDC 2017?

#1 Post by Kinmoku »

Hey guys,

I'm wondering who is planning on going to GDC this year? It would be great to meet up with some other visual novel developers who are there :)

kitsubasa
Regular
Projects: Inverness Nights
Tumblr: kitsubasa

Re: VN devs at GDC 2017?

#2 Post by kitsubasa »

I'm going along!

Last year we had a VN dev meet on the Friday, which was organised over twitter. I don't know if it's on the cards yet this year since last year it seemed like it'd been loosely planned closer to the date, but if it looks like there'll be a decent number of us around the event, it'd probably be worth trying to pull together something again! We went to a cafe for about 15-20 minutes to pick up drinks, then went to a seating area in the Moscone to chat about work. It was a nice, informal time, and I'd be keen for more along those lines.

Kinmoku
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: One Night Stand
Projects: VIDEOVERSE
Tumblr: gamesbykinmoku
itch: kinmoku

Re: VN devs at GDC 2017?

#3 Post by Kinmoku »

kitsubasa wrote:I'm going along!

Last year we had a VN dev meet on the Friday, which was organised over twitter. I don't know if it's on the cards yet this year since last year it seemed like it'd been loosely planned closer to the date, but if it looks like there'll be a decent number of us around the event, it'd probably be worth trying to pull together something again! We went to a cafe for about 15-20 minutes to pick up drinks, then went to a seating area in the Moscone to chat about work. It was a nice, informal time, and I'd be keen for more along those lines.
Yay! :D That sounds nice. I don't know SF very well, and I imagine most of the bars around there are packed, but a meet up like that sounds good :) It's a place everyone knows.

I'll keep an eye on Twitter nearer the time and see what's going on. Excited!