What inspires you?

Forum organization and occasional community-building.
Forum rules
Questions about Ren'Py should go in the Ren'Py Questions and Announcements forum.
Hijiri
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: Death Rule:lost code Overdrive Edition, Where the White Doves Rest-Tsumihanseishi
Projects: Death Rule: Killing System
Organization: MESI Games
IRC Nick: Hizi
Tumblr: mesigames
itch: hijiri

Re: What inspires you?

#16 Post by Hijiri »

My career! Though that may explain why there's so many dead people...
Ok, on a serious note while I do have some inspiration from my studies I also like to take things from other media I watch or play then blatantly take what I like from it and make something of it.
Image Image
"Perfection goal that always changes. Can pursue, cannot obtain."

mard
Regular

#17 Post by mard »

To be honest, that's a really good question, and something I'm always wondering. I've written so many things over the past 15 years, and I wouldn't even say I know where 5% of it came from. I get where my writing style comes from, and the reason I stick to Science-fiction/fantasy and mystery works, that being the fact I've been reading writers such as Andre Norton, Piers Anthony, and Anne McAffery since I was 5 years old, but as to where my ides themselves come from, to be frank, I have absolutely no clue.Basically I just tend to take a three or four word phrase, and run with it, making up a story and a full universe as I go along.
Tend to be a bit quiet, but will help where I can.

Enjoy the drinks folks.

kistnerelizabeth
Regular

#18 Post by kistnerelizabeth »

That's a great question!

Indie Visual Novels inspired me to create one of my own.
Dungeons and Dragons/Baldur's Gate inspired me to create the story that I made.
My real life relationships and the people I know inspired me to create characters and their personalities and life issues.
The way people handle real life issues or the lack of experience of said issues, inspired me to make a game showing some ways to cope/what it's like to deal with said issues.
Last edited by kistnerelizabeth on Thu Jul 27, 2017 7:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ElectricBlaze1

#19 Post by ElectricBlaze1 »

I'm inspired by the prospect of creating something that will outlive me.