PhpBB 3.2 Upgrade

Forum organization and occasional community-building.
Forum rules
Questions about Ren'Py should go in the Ren'Py Questions and Announcements forum.
PyTom
Ren'Py Creator
Completed: Moonlight Walks
Projects: Ren'Py
IRC Nick: renpytom
Github: renpytom
itch: renpytom

Re: PhpBB 3.2 Upgrade

#16 Post by PyTom »

blankd wrote: Sun Jul 23, 2017 4:44 am Neat update! However there appears to be a problem when I try to update my twitter name (blankd_ec) the underscore isn't accepted even though that is what it is.
I'll look into this in the next few days.
Potato0095 wrote: Sun Jul 23, 2017 8:47 am No email for me either, double checked all my folders on outlook. Also, it's just me or the theme changer was removed? I can't find it anywhere.
If you subscribe to this thread, do you get replies? I have been.

Right now, there's only the one theme, so there's no theme changer.

vollschauer wrote: Sun Jul 23, 2017 11:15 am Tom why did you set the max. width just to 1366 ? With my 2560x1440 resolution I see now only the half of the "size" than before, which kinda sucks...
There are a couple of reasons. The first is that it actually leads to decent text readability. This is right about the limit of line lengths before the lines are just _too long_ for people to handle, and you start having to do things like turning your head over the course of reading a single line. So it feels right to wrap things, rather than to let the lines go on forever and ever and ever...

I picked 1366 because it's a fairly common resolution for laptop screens. My feeling is if someone with a large monitor composes a thread for 1366, it'll look good for just about everyone. Where if they compose their thread for 2560, it'll start looking bad on smaller screens.
Supporting creators since 2004
(When was the last time you backed up your game?)
"Do good work." - Virgil Ivan "Gus" Grissom
Software > Drama • https://www.patreon.com/renpytom

Potato0095
Regular
Projects: LoveCraft
itch: potato95

#17 Post by Potato0095 »

PyTom wrote: Sun Jul 23, 2017 12:21 pm
If you subscribe to this thread, do you get replies? I have been.

Right now, there's only the one theme, so there's no theme changer.
I've been following this thread since the 2nd or 4th post and didn't get anything, strangely, I got an email at 14:44, about the 14 post (vollschauer posted at 12:15 following my utc, it's gmt-3), so the email came almost 3 hours late. If it helps, the last email I got from noreply@renai.us was 11 days ago, and I've been active answering and questioning since yesterday, so I was supposed to receive an email at least yesterday, right?
"There are two types of lies: Lies that hurt, and lies that don't."

Katy133
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: Eight Sweets, The Heart of Tales, [redacted] Life, Must Love Jaws, A Tune at the End of the World, Three Guys That Paint, The Journey of Ignorance, Portal 2.5.
Projects: The Butler Detective
Tumblr: katy-133
Deviantart: Katy133
Soundcloud: Katy133
itch: katy133

#18 Post by Katy133 »

There seem to be issues with the Search function. I keep getting this message:
General Error

SQL ERROR [ postgres ]

ERROR: for SELECT DISTINCT, ORDER BY expressions must appear in select list LINE 6: ORDER BY t.topic_last_post_time DESC ^ []

An SQL error occurred while fetching this page. Please contact the Board Administrator if this problem persists.
Sometimes my search works, but other times, I get the above message.
ImageImage

My Website, which lists my visual novels.
Become a patron on my Patreon!

Kokoro Hane
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: 30 Kilowatt Hours Left, The Only One Girl { First Quarter }, An Encounter ~In The Rain~, A Piece of Sweetness, Since When Did I Have a Combat Butler?!, Piece by Piece, +many more
Projects: Fateful Encounter, Operation: Magic Hero
Organization: Tofu Sheets Visual
Deviantart: kokoro-hane
itch: tofu-sheets-visual

#19 Post by Kokoro Hane »

One thing that is really odd is while I DO get e-mail notifications for when I receive a PM, they come a few hours LATE. For example, I got a PM past 4PM. I saw it because I was on the forum, and about 4 hours later THEN a notification for that PM's delivered to me.

Also, the YouTube field doesn't seem to work. I put the link to my channel and it says certain characters aren't accepted which is needed for the link.
PROJECTS:
Operation: Magic Hero [WiP]
Piece By Piece [COMPLETE][Spooktober VN '20]
RE/COUNT RE:VERSE [COMPLETE][RPG]
Since When Did I Have a Combat Butler?! [COMPLETE][NaNoRenO2020+]
Crystal Captor: Memory Chronicle Finale [COMPLETE][RPG][#1 in So Bad It's Good jam '17]

But dear God, You're the only North Star I would follow this far
Owl City "Galaxies"

PyTom
Ren'Py Creator

#20 Post by PyTom »

Can you pm me the email with the full headers? I'd like to see when it was sent and delivered.

Kokoro Hane
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: 30 Kilowatt Hours Left, The Only One Girl { First Quarter }, An Encounter ~In The Rain~, A Piece of Sweetness, Since When Did I Have a Combat Butler?!, Piece by Piece, +many more
Projects: Fateful Encounter, Operation: Magic Hero
Organization: Tofu Sheets Visual
Deviantart: kokoro-hane
itch: tofu-sheets-visual

#21 Post by Kokoro Hane »

PyTom wrote: Sun Jul 23, 2017 7:14 pm Can you pm me the email with the full headers? I'd like to see when it was sent and delivered.
Just sent it!

EDIT: Forgot to click that little expand arrow thing under the date, but all that does it make the date look and time look like this; Sat 7/22/2017 8:31 PM rather than saying Yesterday, 8:31 PM. And then shows To: my e-mail address, so nothing was missed without the expand.
PROJECTS:
Operation: Magic Hero [WiP]
Piece By Piece [COMPLETE][Spooktober VN '20]
RE/COUNT RE:VERSE [COMPLETE][RPG]
Since When Did I Have a Combat Butler?! [COMPLETE][NaNoRenO2020+]
Crystal Captor: Memory Chronicle Finale [COMPLETE][RPG][#1 in So Bad It's Good jam '17]

But dear God, You're the only North Star I would follow this far
Owl City "Galaxies"

runeraccoon
Veteran
itch: runeraccoon

#22 Post by runeraccoon »

Congrats for the new theme. I was honestly shocked when the theme hadn't been updated yet and all I got to see was the very basic phpbb forum lol. And I noticed the small changes you implemented in the next few hours. The theme is growing on me.

Questions/reports:
- I've had three times in the span of these two days when clicking "Your posts" only return the last four. I don't know what happened, perhaps my internet lagged at some point. But I had it refreshed once and it just returned those 4. Only after coming back to it later had I seen the complete list again. It never happened in the old theme, for me. Edit: Ah, what a coincidence. It happens again: http://i.imgur.com/oqHybAo.jpg

- I wonder if you'll ever give us the chance to change the font-family in the editor? Or rather, is it allowed in the BBcode?

- Will you ever implement "Thanks" button for forum posts? I like that, especially for the helpful ones.

- I'm not sure what to think about the washed out signature before I hover it. Nice and not distracting, I guess? But also makes some really good banners lack the pop?

niannn
Regular
Completed: Keynote, Die.Alone?, The Villaintine
Projects: The Villaintine: Sepia
Tumblr: niaaannn
itch: niannn

#23 Post by niannn »

The theme is cute and easy to navigate :D
Image Image ImageImage

Katy133
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: Eight Sweets, The Heart of Tales, [redacted] Life, Must Love Jaws, A Tune at the End of the World, Three Guys That Paint, The Journey of Ignorance, Portal 2.5.

#24 Post by Katy133 »

I'm getting used to the new design already. :)

I was wondering, will there be an update to manage email notifications for subscribed topics? Since there's a new Notifications tab, is there a way to turn off subscribed topic email notifications, but keep the website notifications turned on?
ImageImage

niannn
Regular

#25 Post by niannn »

Katy133 wrote: Mon Jul 24, 2017 9:47 pm I'm getting used to the new design already. :)

I was wondering, will there be an update to manage email notifications for subscribed topics? Since there's a new Notifications tab, is there a way to turn off subscribed topic email notifications, but keep the website notifications turned on?
Yes, I think there is a way. Head to the User Control Panel, go to Board Preferences then next, go to Edit Notification Options. From there, you can just check what you want to receive as an email or as a notification. Hope that helps :)
Image Image ImageImage

Katy133
Miko-Class Veteran

#26 Post by Katy133 »

niannn wrote: Tue Jul 25, 2017 2:28 am
Katy133 wrote: Mon Jul 24, 2017 9:47 pm I'm getting used to the new design already. :)

Yes, I think there is a way. Head to the User Control Panel, go to Board Preferences then next, go to Edit Notification Options. From there, you can just check what you want to receive as an email or as a notification. Hope that helps :)
Ah, thank you so much! That works great! :)
ImageImage

niannn
Regular

#27 Post by niannn »

Katy133 wrote: Tue Jul 25, 2017 6:50 pm
niannn wrote: Tue Jul 25, 2017 2:28 am

Ah, thank you so much! That works great! :)
You're welcome, glad to help :D
Image Image ImageImage

Luxliev
Veteran
Soundcloud: Luxliev

#28 Post by Luxliev »

I like it is there any reason why profile pictures are on right side now? Or is it just theme?
Newest classical cover: Advance Wars - Sami Theme: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=657Jt7hJRVc

Forum with my music: http://luxliev.proboards.com/

Potato0095
Regular
Projects: LoveCraft
itch: potato95

#29 Post by Potato0095 »

Luxliev wrote: Thu Jul 27, 2017 8:06 am I like it is there any reason why profile pictures are on right side now? Or is it just theme?
I think it's just the theme, but I found it easier to read on the phone/PC.
"There are two types of lies: Lies that hurt, and lies that don't."

PyTom
Ren'Py Creator

#30 Post by PyTom »

It's the theme.

Fundamentally, the subsilver theme we had been using had reached its end of life a long time ago. We're now using a theme based on prosilver, the new default phpbb theme. A bunch of things are in different places, though I've tried to make things as close to subsilver as it could be for the effort I was willing to expend. I do think prosilver is the right choice, as it's still developed, and has things like responsive support for mobile devices.