Yuri Game Jam '17! (Sept 1st to Oct 31st)

Forum organization and occasional community-building.
Forum rules
Questions about Ren'Py should go in the Ren'Py Questions and Announcements forum.
YuriGameJam

Yuri Game Jam '17! (Sept 1st to Oct 31st)

#1 Post by YuriGameJam »

Wow, can't believe we're having our third annual Yuri Game Jam!

What's Yuri Game Jam?

The Yuri Game Jam is a 2 month game jam taking place from September 1st to October 31st, with the intention of creating more games about relationships between women.

Jam rules:
  • 1. Your game must focus on queer relationships between women OR the queer female experience. This includes: lesbian, bi, trans, non-binary, aro, ace, pan, any female-identified LGBTQIA characters.
  • 2. This is an inclusive jam and anyone can join. Although uncomfortable subjects can be explored (and is encouraged!), please be considerate of the themes/material used, and fellow creators/players. Entries that promote bigotry (i.e transphobic/racism) are not allowed.
Unfinished works are allowed/encouraged, and completing the work isn't a requirement either - demos are perfectly fine.

You can check out the jam page here!

Have fun!

Jackkel Dragon
Veteran
Organization: Nightshade, Team Despair
itch: jackkel-dragon

Re: Yuri Game Jam '17! (Sept 1st to Oct 31st)

#2 Post by Jackkel Dragon »

I might consider trying to submit something this year, though I worry that my idea may be too barebones, even for a game jam. I'm also not sure if I'd be able to get art for the game jam project, since I need to focus my resources on my main project. Though maybe making a script-complete demo could help me see if there's enough interest in a more "complete" version...
Main Website
Includes information about and links to many of my current and past projects.

Major Game Projects
[Nightshade] Eldritch Academy, Eldritch University, Blooming Nightshade, Flowering Nightshade, Life as Designed
[Team Despair] Corpse Party D2 series

Zelan
Lemma-Class Veteran
Completed: The Dark
Projects: Cosplay Couple
Tumblr: evns
itch: Zelan
Discord: ltnkitsuragi#7082

#3 Post by Zelan »

I've been pretty much neck-deep in Yuri content for months now. I ought to join this year.

rincewind
Regular
Deviantart: rinceman

#4 Post by rincewind »

Aaaand, another year where I don't manage to make anything!

Stupid real life. Stupid lazy me.

The last year at least I got a quarter of the script done. This year not even that.

I'm a disgrace! :(

Mikomi
Veteran

#5 Post by Mikomi »

Super excited to finish and submit my entry for this year! I've never participated in the Yuri Game Jam before, but for this VN I'm trying a lot of new things- more "moe" looking characters, NVL mode, more narration, etc.- so I'm really hoping people will like it :D