Codes in making a vn?

Forum organization and occasional community-building.
Forum rules
Questions about Ren'Py should go in the Ren'Py Questions and Announcements forum.
thanhmy
Tumblr: thanhmy
Deviantart: thanhmy
Github: thanhmy
Soundcloud: thanhmy
itch: thanhmy

Codes in making a vn?

#1 Post by thanhmy »

Anyways i really wanna try making a vn , but i dont know the codes in programming the game .
And i need tips can anyone help me out? Please i wanna make this as a farewell gift for my best friend. Cuz well were not in the same school anymore. It would be great if u can help me though. Oh and i already hve an idea of a story , so please help me out.
Hello, my name is Myca, nice to meet Everyone | Dich vu tim nguoi giup viec nha tai quan tan binh uy tin công ty cung cấp người giúp việc nhà hiệu quả

Imperf3kt
Lemma-Class Veteran
itch: Imperf3kt

Re: Codes in making a vn?

#2 Post by Imperf3kt »

The renpy documentation details most of the common functions needed for a simple game and no programming experience is necessary (though some thorough knowledge of computer systems may help improve your ability to understand it quicker)

To help, renpy has a tutorial game included in the launcher which covers the basics and will help you get started.

Once you know how your game will work and what you need, you might want to ask in the forums for additional assistance with more advanced features.
You'll need to clearly detail those though and what you already have/have done.

It may take a few months just to accustomise yourself with renpy in general but stick with it, its worth the effort.
Warning: May contain trace amounts of gratuitous plot.
pro·gram·mer (noun) An organism capable of converting caffeine into code.

Current project: GGD Mentor

Twitter

fleet
Eileen-Class Veteran
Deviantart: fleetp

Re: Codes in making a vn?

#3 Post by fleet »

If you decide not to use Renpy Visual Novelty does not require coding (unless you want to get super-fancy).
Free download is at http://www.visualnovelty.com/

Note that unlike renpy, Visual Novelty does not support Linux or Mac.
Some of my visual novels are at http://www.the-new-lagoon.com. They are NSFW
Poorly done hand-drawn art is still poorly done art. Be a Poser (or better yet, use DAZ Studio 3D) - dare to be different.