Is there a official nanoreno thread?

Forum organization and occasional community-building.
Forum rules
Questions about Ren'Py should go in the Ren'Py Questions and Announcements forum.
karbon

Is there a official nanoreno thread?

#1 Post by karbon »

Greetings!

This site was recommended to me by a friend since I became interested in developing a visual novel. He also recommended me to participate in a nanoreno game jam held by this forum to get my feet wet, so to speak. I do know that it's held on March but my friend said that I could find and join participating groups here. However, I can't seem to find any information about the game jam aside from a few mentions by users? (I'm knew to this forum so I just used the search function, please feel free to delete this if the thread already exists! ><)

So that brings me to the title question, is there a official nanoreno thread? Thanks in advance!

Draziya
Regular
Completed: this was for you. [NaNoRenO 19], Acetylene [AceJam19], Ah!! My Roommate is a Succubus Hellbent on World [MonJam 18], I Don't Have A Clue [QRMJam 18], Cautionary Tale [NaNoRenO 18], OP Dodge Cross [GGJ 18], Acetone [AceJam 18]
Projects: I'm a love interest in my childhood friend's reverse harem!!
Organization: Watercress
itch: Drazillion

Re: Is there a official nanoreno thread?

#2 Post by Draziya »

The NaNoRenO 2018 stuff hasn't come out yet, but the official website is a good place to start getting a better feel for it. While recruitment does happen on this forum (someone will make a thread in the We are a Free Project looking for Partners forum a little closer to the time), the actual jam is on Itch.io. So looking at games made in NaNoRenO 2017 might be helpful to you.

Hope this helps!

Donmai
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: Toire No Hanako, Li'l Red [NaNoRenO 2013], The One in LOVE [NaNoRenO 2014], Running Blade [NaNoRenO 2016], The Other Question, To The Girl With Sunflowers
Projects: Slumberland

Re: Is there a official nanoreno thread?

#3 Post by Donmai »

You can find the NaNoRenO page here: Board index/Player's Pavillion/Works in Progress/WiP: NaNoRenO
or simply use this link: viewforum.php?f=50
When March comes and the jam starts, that thread is usually moved to a more visible place and people start announcing their projects there.

Edit:
Jeez! Only now, rereading that thread, I discovered that my 2013 NaNo entry, Li'l Red, has a Russian translation! A nice surprise.
No, sorry! You must be mistaking me for someone else.
TOIRE NO HANAKO (A Story About Fear)