Story maps / boards

Forum organization and occasional community-building.
Forum rules
Questions about Ren'Py should go in the Ren'Py Questions and Announcements forum.
Ryue
Miko-Class Veteran
Projects: Red eyes in the darkness

Story maps / boards

#1 Post by Ryue »

I'm constantly asking myself what ppl are using to create story maps / boards? (if like me a whiteboard or something else)

Red-Baby
Veteran
Completed: Free!: Arabian Nights, BAKED:MAGIC, I'm a love interest in my CHILDHOOD FRIEND'S reverse harem!!!, I'm a side character in a BL story!, Ell's Kitchen
Projects: Wrong Number
Organization: WitPOP
itch: red-baby

Re: Story maps / boards

#2 Post by Red-Baby »

I jot down notes and routes onto a notepad, but then I end up using 5-10 pages revising my story, haha.
But I would have to say I rarely plan a story on the computer and usually do it by hand first.

Imperf3kt
Lemma-Class Veteran
itch: Imperf3kt

#3 Post by Imperf3kt »

I just jot down ideas and things that come to mind on my phone. These can range from an entire scene, to just random words.

Thats as far as my planning goes. After that, my next step comes in when writing my story.
I have the main plot in my head, so I just connect the scenes needed to get from A to B and I'll use my notes to flesh things out.
Warning: May contain trace amounts of gratuitous plot.
pro·gram·mer (noun) An organism capable of converting caffeine into code.

Current project: GGD Mentor

Twitter

Fuseblower
Regular
Projects: Mall Macabre, Slushball Slasher, Doomed Diner, Tenkeiteki Tokyo
itch: fuseblower

#4 Post by Fuseblower »

I do it by hand too. I doodle on my animation disc, working from drawings I get ideas for the story. The disc is handy because I can draw anywhere, it sits nicely in my lap and it turns effortlessly (unlike sketch books or the Cintiq). Of course, I end up with heaps of 12 fields but they come in packs of a 1000 and are cheap :lol:

milkteebaby
Regular
Projects: PS: I Love You
Tumblr: milkteebaby
Deviantart: milkteebaby

#5 Post by milkteebaby »

I really like Scapple by Literature and Latte. The program is $15, but I found it super useful for mapping out player choices and story branches.