My OELVN blog

Forum organization and occasional community-building.
Forum rules
Questions about Ren'Py should go in the Ren'Py Questions and Announcements forum.
Plk_Lesiak

My OELVN blog

#1 Post by Plk_Lesiak »

Hello there!

A few months ago, looking for an outlet to channel my somewhat-fresh interest in visual novels, I've started publishing posts through the internal blogging feature on Fuwanovel Forums. What was initially fueled by a very minimalistic idea of publishing reviews for my own fun and promoting OELVNs within the JP-centric Fuwa community, started expanding lately and I thought it might be a good moment to get more in touch with other VN sites.

My blog is updated every Friday. I still mostly publish reviews, but I have two interviews with VN developers scheduled for this month and I occasionally make things like Steam Sale recommendations and top lists of small VNs that don't give material for full reviews. I also have a Steam Curator Page, which features mostly games reviewed on the blog. I announce every update through my Twitter account, so if any of you would be interested in following my stuff, that's the easiest way to find out about new content.

I'll love to hear any feedback (positive or negative) or suggestions you might offer. It's very important for me to be in touch with the dev community too - apart from my personal fun from writing, promoting western-made VNs and helping them expand is my main purpose for doing this. My reach, obviously, is very limited right now, but I hope I'll be able to expand it and be of actual use for the creators in the OELVN scene. I also hope that my shameless self-promotion didn't bother anyone. :)

Have a great day everyone!

chaironiichan
Projects: Do Not Love - Violators Will Be Shot
Organization: BSG

Re: My OELVN blog

#2 Post by chaironiichan »

Hey Plk_Lesiak!

I've actually been a lurker over at Fuwanovel. I love your blog because finding new, exciting OELVNs could sometimes be tricky. Other than word of mouth, my only other sources seem to be Youtubers like Bosskwar and you :lol:

If you're accepting requests, might I suggest something like Crystalline, or something classic like an ebi-hime work? I'd love to hear your thoughts on those!

And, of course, I'm looking forward to your coverage of NaNoReNo 2018! *nudge nudge wink wink* :lol:

You have a nice and eloquent critique voice. Please keep it up!
I hope you and your blog the very best!
Do Not Love - Violators Will Be Shot
Click to play the DEMO!

Plk_Lesiak

#3 Post by Plk_Lesiak »

chaironiichan wrote: Thu Mar 08, 2018 9:14 am Hey Plk_Lesiak!

I've actually been a lurker over at Fuwanovel. I love your blog because finding new, exciting OELVNs could sometimes be tricky. Other than word of mouth, my only other sources seem to be Youtubers like Bosskwar and you :lol:

If you're accepting requests, might I suggest something like Crystalline, or something classic like an ebi-hime work? I'd love to hear your thoughts on those!

And, of course, I'm looking forward to your coverage of NaNoReNo 2018! *nudge nudge wink wink* :lol:

You have a nice and eloquent critique voice. Please keep it up!
I hope you and your blog the very best!
Thank you! Good that you reminded me of NaNoRenO, this would indeed be the first opportunity for me to cover it more or less while it's going on. Hopefully I'll find time for it. '^^

Crystalline is on my radar but I think I'll cover it when the final version's out, my Steam backlog and to-review list are so huge that I'd rather focus on finished games, unless I have a very specific reason to cover one that is in-development (I have one of those scheduled for next Friday). With Ebi-Hime's games, yes, I'll definitely get to those - the only reason they're slightly lower on my priority list is because most of them don't need much advertising. ;)

Zelan
Lemma-Class Veteran
Completed: The Dark
Projects: Cosplay Couple
Tumblr: evns
itch: Zelan
Discord: ltnkitsuragi#7082

#4 Post by Zelan »

I'm always a fan of anyone promoting OELVNs (since, unfortunately, I don't do much of it myself). I'll check out your blog once I get the chance. Looking forward to see what you post about NaNoRenO!

Plk_Lesiak

#5 Post by Plk_Lesiak »

Zelan wrote: Fri Mar 09, 2018 9:58 am I'm always a fan of anyone promoting OELVNs (since, unfortunately, I don't do much of it myself). I'll check out your blog once I get the chance. Looking forward to see what you post about NaNoRenO!
It's also a satisfying subject matter for a blog TBH, JP VNs are talked about a lot in places such as Fuwa and the VN subreddit and unless you simply cover news, there's not much you can add to these conversations. OELVN sphere is still a bit of an uncharted territory, there's a lot of interesting things happening here that very few sites/blogs touch upon.

I hope you'll enjoy the blog! :) I... I guess there's no escaping the NaNoRenO coverage by this point, it might just be a simple summary in April though, I already had some plans for theccoming weeks which would be hard to modify. ;)

Plk_Lesiak

#6 Post by Plk_Lesiak »

Hey there again!

I will try not to bump this thread up again, but I wanted to interest you in my newest posts. For the first time, I’ve prepared a developer interview, talking with Jackie M. from Reine Works about the studio's newest game, The Seven Districts of Sin: The Tail Makes the Fox.

Also feel encouraged to read my review of the game, where I explain some of the interesting context behind it and the reason I’ve decided to cover it this extensively. ;)

Once more, I’ll be thankful for any and all feedback you guys might offer and promise to stop the shameless self-promotion at this point. ;p

milkteebaby
Regular
Projects: PS: I Love You
Tumblr: milkteebaby
Deviantart: milkteebaby

#7 Post by milkteebaby »

:D I've followed you on twitter and I'm checking out your blog now!

Plk_Lesiak

#8 Post by Plk_Lesiak »

milkteebaby wrote: Sun Mar 18, 2018 7:24 pm :D I've followed you on twitter and I'm checking out your blog now!
Thank you! Hope you'll enjoy the content... And I guess we'll be seeing each other both here and on Fuwa? ^^

milkteebaby
Regular
Projects: PS: I Love You
Tumblr: milkteebaby
Deviantart: milkteebaby

#9 Post by milkteebaby »

Plk_Lesiak wrote: Sun Mar 18, 2018 7:37 pm
Thank you! Hope you'll enjoy the content... And I guess we'll be seeing each other both here and on Fuwa? ^^
Not at all! I really enjoyed the interview you posted with Reine Studios, I'd love to see more content like that as I'm desperately/creepily interested in how Western indie studios are run in regards to VNs and otome game making.

And yes, we'll see each other here, there, everywhere. (maybe not everywhere...)

Plk_Lesiak

#10 Post by Plk_Lesiak »

Hello everyone!

I maybe promised to not bump this thread up again, but I wanted to make the last one exception to invite you all too read my short interview with Nami, creator of some of the loveliest yuri OELVNs out there. While this one is extremely casual and maybe slightly unfocused, I had a ton of fun working on it and I hope there's still something to enjoy for others too. ;)

Also, for the weeks to come, I'll be publishing pretty much solely posts about notable yuri OELVNs, so everyone who likes the theme should find something interesting there.

Thank you for your attention! <3

Helyees
Regular
Projects: Panzer Hearts

#11 Post by Helyees »

You are doing an awesome service for the whole VN community. Love your content!

Plk_Lesiak

#12 Post by Plk_Lesiak »

Helyees wrote: Fri Mar 30, 2018 11:46 pm You are doing an awesome service for the whole VN community. Love your content!
Aaaawww, thank you! ^^ Panzer Hearts is up for release in April, right? I'm really looking forward to it. :)

Helyees
Regular
Projects: Panzer Hearts

#13 Post by Helyees »

Plk_Lesiak wrote: Sat Mar 31, 2018 5:23 am
Helyees wrote: Fri Mar 30, 2018 11:46 pm You are doing an awesome service for the whole VN community. Love your content!
Aaaawww, thank you! ^^ Panzer Hearts is up for release in April, right? I'm really looking forward to it. :)
Panzer Hearts Release date is SET 25.4!! Super excited :P

Plk_Lesiak

#14 Post by Plk_Lesiak »

It's been a while, hasn't it? Today, I have quite a special announcement: my blog has went through a slight rebranding and achieved an existance partially seperate from the Fuwanovel Forums (does it have a soul now? :shock:). While I'll be still posting new stuff on Fuwa, you'll be also able to find my reviews and commentary on a new website, under the name of EVN Chronicles.

I've also moved my Steam Curator page to a new adress and I very much encourage you to follow my recommendations (and if you're a dev, you might want to consider using that lovely Curator Connect tool ;)).

As always, you can find about blog updates and expose yourself to random VN-related posts by following me on Twitter - this one adress haven't changed.

I hope you'll join me on this stage of my VN journey and either way, have a wonderful afternoon everyone!

EDIT: The first review post is here!

Plk_Lesiak

#15 Post by Plk_Lesiak »

Hey, another month and a half have gone and I have another piece of content I would like to get your attention for - this time it is a review of Sable's Grimoire, one of the most interesting OELVN released this year so far and an interview with its developer, Zetsubou. This was a pretty big project, considering the size of the game and how detailed the interview ended up being, but I'm really satisfied with the results and I'll be really thankful to anyone that decides to check it out.

I'm also still working on the comprehensive list of Steam VN Developer and Publisher profiles - if you have one and don't see it included in the current version, please contact me. By the end of September I'm planning to finish adding VNDB links and other details, do a last round through the Developer & Publisher profiles and pretty much finalize the project, so speak up now if you don't want to miss out when I put it back on Reddit and stuff. ;)