Places to Brainstorm

Forum organization and occasional community-building.
Forum rules
Questions about Ren'Py should go in the Ren'Py Questions and Announcements forum.
SwingAndToons
Soundcloud: =

Places to Brainstorm

#1 Post by SwingAndToons »

I really love brainstorming ideas but sometimes I can't find someone to help me out. Is there somewhere that people would suggest going? Or maybe like a discord or something?

GoldBrows

Re: Places to Brainstorm

#2 Post by GoldBrows »

It could depend on where you live. If you live in a bigger city you might be lucky enough to have an indie gaming community that does meet ups where people discuss ideas and get feedback from others. If you're in the US I know that Seattle and Portland have meet ups and Vancouver, CA has one as well.

You could also look for creative writing groups or clubs in your area. Libraries may offer some things as well (for example the Brooklyn public library in NYC has a creative writing club and workshops).

timepatches
Regular
Completed: When Aster Falls; Were|House; DemiDato: Monster Dating Show; Grand-Nya
Projects: The Bat-Chelor
Organization: Sad Ghost Studios
Tumblr: sadghoststudios
itch: Sad Ghost Studios

#3 Post by timepatches »

There's also a renpy discord server you could use!
https://mobile.twitter.com/renpytom/sta ... 50?lang=en
ImageImage Image

★☆ currently: DEMIDATO RELEASED MARCH 14 \ *°▽°* /
i appreciate honest critique!

SwingAndToons

#4 Post by SwingAndToons »

GoldBrows wrote: Thu Apr 05, 2018 12:37 am It could depend on where you live. If you live in a bigger city you might be lucky enough to have an indie gaming community that does meet ups where people discuss ideas and get feedback from others. If you're in the US I know that Seattle and Portland have meet ups and Vancouver, CA has one as well.

You could also look for creative writing groups or clubs in your area. Libraries may offer some things as well (for example the Brooklyn public library in NYC has a creative writing club and workshops).
Unfortunately that isnt possible in my area. But I will look into the library thing!

SwingAndToons

#5 Post by SwingAndToons »

timepatches wrote: Thu Apr 05, 2018 1:22 am There's also a renpy discord server you could use!
https://mobile.twitter.com/renpytom/sta ... 50?lang=en
This is great! Thanks!