Book on Ren'Py/Python

Forum organization and occasional community-building.
Forum rules
Questions about Ren'Py should go in the Ren'Py Questions and Announcements forum.
Andredron
Miko-Class Veteran

Re: Book on Ren'Py/Python

#16 Post by Andredron »

ComputerArt.Club wrote: Sun Jul 14, 2019 10:16 am
Andredron wrote: Mon Jul 08, 2019 11:41 pm Not popular it
make a video blog.

Users are lazy and not grateful. I speak as the author of the Russian version of the textbook on renpayu
Andredron, I haven't seen your Russian book but I am very grateful for your contributions here on the forums, especially your posts on Android development, in-app purchases and so on. You are amazing. Thank you for your contributions.
What my friends told me, he wrote on the forum.

380 pages, codes, links, examples from my practice and python philosophy

The book on the link in my signature, I thought to translate it into English myself through Google, but I remember how he translated the phrase to me

"in Japanese, I will wait for you, at 6 o'clock in the afternoon at the train station"

And translated into Russian as "I will wait for you in the a.....s after dinner"

But in the English documentation and so much. Why else produce books if you still ask in the lemma)

Chronocide
Regular
Projects: Land of the 11 Towers

Re: Book on Ren'Py/Python

#17 Post by Chronocide »

netravelr wrote: Thu May 17, 2018 9:22 pmThe book would be available during the Kickstarter for around $20 and would include all of the assets (graphics, sound, music, code) created in addition to the ebook. If I was able to sell enough I’d also be able to add additional chapters for creating other game types and Python concepts (day planning, farming sim, hidden object, RPG battles) and also make it available in print form as well. Is this something you would be interested in?
Old post, but if you are still interested, I'd really like something on amazon (I don't really use kickstarter, don't like the idea of paying for things that you "might" get..).

They've got a print on demand format, which I've bought from in the past. It's a decent book that you get, and it doesn't require the author to sell fixed number of copies. Plus, the format allows the author to update the book when it requires updating, and since you aren't stockpiling pre-printed versions, updated editions is pretty simple to implement.
https://kdp.amazon.com/en_US/help/topic/G201834340

For example, the tabletop battle game I play is run a non-profit that exists only on the internet, so they can't really afford to produce a physical rulebook, but thanks to this service, we get to buy physical copies https://www.amazon.com/9th-Age-Fantasy- ... 467&sr=8-1