Making a list of VN-related Steam Creator Homepages - looking for recommendations and feedback

Forum organization and occasional community-building.
Forum rules
Questions about Ren'Py should go in the Ren'Py Questions and Announcements forum.
Plk_Lesiak

Making a list of VN-related Steam Creator Homepages - looking for recommendations and feedback

#1 Post by Plk_Lesiak »

Hello there!

Seeing how fast the Creator Profile tool is being picked up by VN devs and publishers I've decided to start working on a comprehensive list of profiles visual novel fans could be interested in following. I'm currently building it in a thread on Fuwa forums, but in a week or two I want to publish it on my blog (and hopefully share on the VN-related subreddits etc.). If you have/are making your own creator pages or have any recommendations for ones that are not on the list yet and should be included, or have any feedback on the form or specific positions on my list, I would love to hear about it.

I'll, however, admit upfront that the order in which developers and publishers are presented and who gets categorized as a major or a small player within the EVN scene is somewhat arbitral and I treat it as a feature, not a bug. Making an alphabetical list or one based solely on some objective stats would make it much harder to browse and, because of that, less useful for the final readers. I'm aiming at utility more than fairness, but I also want this to be as inclusive as possible, so the last category will be open for all those that offer even the smallest contribution to the VN scene, without making the whole project unusable.

All your comments, supportive or critical, will be welcomed and appreciated!
Last edited by Plk_Lesiak on Sun Jan 13, 2019 10:53 am, edited 2 times in total.

Czero

Re: Making a list of VN-related Steam Creator Profiles - looking for recommendations and feedback

#2 Post by Czero »

Best of luck. :)
Visual novel lover and maker...

Works in progress: A Little Bit of Happiness viewtopic.php?f=59&t=54385

I'm looking for writing work viewtopic.php?f=63&t=50859

Plk_Lesiak

Re: Making a list of VN-related Steam Creator Profiles - looking for recommendations and feedback

#3 Post by Plk_Lesiak »

Czero wrote: Wed Jun 20, 2018 5:29 pm Best of luck. :)
Thanks. :D

I've already received some suggestions through PM, please don't be shy if you have a profile to share everyone. :)

Morhighan
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: AIdol, When Our Journey Ends, Forgotten Not Lost
Organization: MysteryCorgi
Tumblr: MysteryCorgi
Deviantart: MysteryCorgi
Soundcloud: MysteryCorgi
itch: MysteryCorgi

#4 Post by Morhighan »

Plk_Lesiak

#5 Post by Plk_Lesiak »

Hello again good people! I know this is quite a necropost, but I'm currently working on the "final" version of the list (from this point on, I expect to update it very rarely, only if I stumble on a new, notable profile while doing my usual stuff) and will re-post it on Reddit, so I thought it would be a good moment to present it here once more and check out if any of the devs around here have a profile I might've missed. Don't be shy to contact me if you have or know of a homepage that should be added to it, I want it to be as comprehensive as possible. :)

Also, be sure to use this link to access the article, as the Fuwa one is completely out of date. :)

Scribbles
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: Pinewood Island, As We Know It
Projects: In Blood
Organization: Jaime Scribbles Games
Deviantart: breakfastdoodles
itch: scribbles

Re: Making a list of VN-related Steam Creator Homepages - looking for recommendations and feedback

#6 Post by Scribbles »

Mine should totally be on there! > <

The link is here

it's really cool for you to compile this list and help people reach more devs, it can be really hard to navigate steam and find VNs, sometimes the tags don't even show up properly
Image - Image -Image

Plk_Lesiak

Re: Making a list of VN-related Steam Creator Homepages - looking for recommendations and feedback

#7 Post by Plk_Lesiak »

Scribbles wrote: Sun Jan 13, 2019 1:32 pm Mine should totally be on there! > < The link is here

it's really cool for you to compile this list and help people reach more devs, it can be really hard to navigate steam and find VNs, sometimes the tags don't even show up properly
Added! And thanks, Steam is indeed extremely hard to navigate nowadays, so it's really worthwhile to make use of all the tools Valve makes available. This one could probably have a bit more utility, but it's still a great thing for creators that want to build a brand there. And if I can help people learn about interesting indies and stuff like that... :3

dragondatingsim
Regular
Tumblr: angelswithscalywings

#8 Post by dragondatingsim »

Very cool you're doing this!

I didn't even know creator pages were a feature now. The social linking does not seem to work at the moment, but in the meantime we made this:

https://store.steampowered.com/developer/radicalphi/

Plk_Lesiak

#9 Post by Plk_Lesiak »

dragondatingsim wrote: Mon Jan 14, 2019 11:59 am Very cool you're doing this!

I didn't even know creator pages were a feature now. The social linking does not seem to work at the moment, but in the meantime we made this:

https://store.steampowered.com/developer/radicalphi/
Spreading awareness about the feature itself is an extra goal of mine. :>

Added your profile to the post! That's quite a unique little game you have there. Definitely going on my Steam wishlist. :)