SuNoFes2018 [July-August]

Forum organization and occasional community-building.
Forum rules
Questions about Ren'Py should go in the Ren'Py Questions and Announcements forum.
Alte
The Great Organizer
Github: nualte
itch: alte

SuNoFes2018 [July-August]

#1 Post by Alte »

SuNoFes is an online game jam focused on adventure, interactive fiction, role-playing game, and visual novels. (Story-based games) Starts July 1st, ends August 31st, annually.

What does SuNoFes stand for?
Don't worry about it. (It's Summer Novel Festival though it's not exactly Summer around the world)

Where do I submit a project?
It's hosted on itch.io so it requires having an account from there. If you're already registered an account, return to the jam page then click on the "Join jam" button- you can submit a game as well.

Can I start my project now?
Sure! If you have any unfinished projects in mind, you're invited to use this festival for completing it.

Any rules?
  • Takes place during July and August.
  • Completing unfinished projects are welcomed
  • Releasing a demo is fine.
  • Polished works are encouraged.
  • There are no "winners." Anyone who reaches their goal during the festival has completed SuNoFES, though it is encouraged to submit a game.
Feel free to tweet your development progress at #sunofes
"Good Luck"
itch.io jam page

Feel free to ask questions regarding to SuNoFes. Please tag your work if it's SuNoFes related

This year's SuNoFes Logo - Usage Terms
It can be used for your project, crediting "Alte" is optional. Tea leaf image by martabystron

______________________________________________________________________________________

After giving some thought, I removed R+18 restriction for this year's SuNoFes. However I won't be able to focus as a game jam host, due to preparation for international flight trip to Europe (somewhere, a canal) with a few family members to visit distant relatives. Flight starts in early August. (Airline tickets has been booked since March) If anyone is interested of being host/admin for SuNoFes2018, I'll add you as Contributors. (itch.io account required) Edit: I'll manage

Thank you for your patience and good luck on your project development.
Last edited by Alte on Fri Jul 20, 2018 12:10 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Ren'Py Cookbook Directory

I'm not affiliated with Ren'Py/ itch.io/ Steam/ etc.

margaretcatter
Regular
Projects: Kathelm Princess X Princess | Hurricane Like Me
itch: margaretcatter

Re: SuNoFes2018 [July-August]

#2 Post by margaretcatter »

Im very excited to be trying my hand at making a game for this.

sasquatchii
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: A Day in the Life of a Slice of Bread
Deviantart: sasquatchix
Soundcloud: sasquatchii
itch: sasquatchii

#3 Post by sasquatchii »

I'm really excited to be participating as well! Alte, if you need any help as a host I would be happy to help in any way I can (I know you said you'd manage but feel free to reach out if things get too crazy!!)

Looking forward to seeing what everyone else is working on for this too :D
ImageImage

Alte
The Great Organizer
Github: nualte
itch: alte

#4 Post by Alte »

sasquatchii, are you fine with helping out as a host for SuNoFes18? As a host- your username is shown on the jam's page and allowed to check on submissions. I won't have access to my account for the first half of August due to vacation period.

Edit: I removed "Project must be a new game and have not been published before" from rules the for simplicity.
Ren'Py Cookbook Directory

I'm not affiliated with Ren'Py/ itch.io/ Steam/ etc.