[Forum Game] the person below me...

Forum organization and occasional community-building.
Forum rules
Questions about Ren'Py should go in the Ren'Py Questions and Announcements forum.
mikey
Lemma-Class Veteran
itch: atpprojects

#136 Post by mikey »

Megaman Z wrote:the person below me has bought a game using (or requiring) a microphone for the sole purpose of improving his/her speech skills )
No, but my brother sort of has, he is a Flight Simulator *freakCOUGH*fan* and makes virtual flights with airlines and ATC and all that and he talks to people with strange accents when he enters their homeland airspace ^_^

Hmmm, I have no idea what to post, as I only replied because that microphone reminded me of him... so the emergency brake here... the person below me hates when it still rains even though it's May.
(I know...)

PixelWrangler
Regular

#137 Post by PixelWrangler »

Megaman Z wrote:no, but I do recall reading about a similar game in EGM one time... the point of it (which isn't really a point) is to ram this big plastic hand with an extended index finger (the one between the "FU" finger and the hitchhiking "finger", AKA the thumb) as hard as you can into this mounted... nevermind. you don't wanna know. (the identifying features was the big butt sticking out and the words "Have A fun" at the bottom.)
Um... actually, that is Boonga Boonga... same game. Plastic index finger, posterior, etc. (see link for details)

As a side note, I've heard that there has been a recent craze of Japanese elementary school kids doing this to adults, especially teachers, to annoy them. Apparently a modern replacement to the "eye and tongue taunt".

Back on topic:
mikey wrote:the person below me hates when it still rains even though it's May
Rain? No problem. Now snow... that would be a wee bit irritating.

The person below me has watched an entire sumo match, either live or on television.

P.W.
Life is hard.
Except in ren'ai games.
Then it's a whole lot softer.

Megaman Z
Miko-Class Veteran
Projects: NaNoRenO 2016, Ren'Py tutorial series

#138 Post by Megaman Z »

nope. I don't watch them at all
PixelWrangler wrote:Um... actually, that is Boonga Boonga... same game. Plastic index finger, posterior, etc. (see link for details)
if that's so...then one of two things is true:
A)there are two different versions
B)EGM is not 100% correct (or Syberpunk isn't 100% correct)

I say this because (unless my memory fails me... it has before...) EGM said that you could only choose girls, but Syberpunk (your link) says that the characters include
Ex Girlfriend, Ex Boyfriend, Gangster, Mother-In-Law, Gold Digger, Prostitute, Child Molester, [and] Con Artist.
Also, the pic in EGM clearly showed the words "Have A fun!" along the BOTTOM of the front, wheras this is not present on the Syberpunk pics.

continuing the game [the forum one, not Boon-ga Boon-ga]: the person below me has beaten ANY Time Crisis game (Crisis Zone included) on ONE credit (and on Solo mode for TCII and TC3)
~Kitsune Zeta

ChaoticAtomBomb

#139 Post by ChaoticAtomBomb »

nope.....

I keep actually trying to drop the magazine and reload it as if it were a real gun.^^

The person below be has considerd putting a girl form a Ren'ai game as a grapic on a car, in real life or in a video game

I am tempted to try this in Forza Motorsport....

bookie
Veteran

#140 Post by bookie »

No car, and no time, haha.

the person below me would rather walk to get places than drive

PixelWrangler
Regular

#141 Post by PixelWrangler »

Megaman Z wrote:nope. I don't watch them at all
PixelWrangler wrote:Um... actually, that is Boonga Boonga... same game. Plastic index finger, posterior, etc. (see link for details)
if that's so...then one of two things is true:
A)there are two different versions
B)EGM is not 100% correct (or Syberpunk isn't 100% correct)

I say this because (unless my memory fails me... it has before...) EGM said that you could only choose girls, but Syberpunk (your link) says that the characters include
Ex Girlfriend, Ex Boyfriend, Gangster, Mother-In-Law, Gold Digger, Prostitute, Child Molester, [and] Con Artist.

Also, the pic in EGM clearly showed the words "Have A fun!" along the BOTTOM of the front, wheras this is not present on the Syberpunk pics.
Of the two I'd say that B) is more likely, as the information is from the cabinet and a promotional flyer, and is echoed across multiple sources online. Other possibilities are C) There is a clone of the game, D) there is a sequel to the game, or E) there are multiple versions of the game (some games have different versions for different countries as well).

I've never heard of any alternate versions/clones of Boonga Boonga, but that certainly doesn't mean there aren't any. I'd be interested to know when/what issue of EGM you saw the other machine in, and any more information (company, etc) you may have on it, if possible. Another interesting tidbit to add to my "strange Japanese gaming" file. ;)

Topikku made ikimasu... (back on topic):
bookie wrote:the person below me would rather walk to get places than drive
False. Internal combustion engines are your friend. ;)

Wow, that sounds like a slogan for a car manufacturer.

The person below me does a lot of shopping at Asian food markets.
Life is hard.
Except in ren'ai games.
Then it's a whole lot softer.

Erik
Regular

#142 Post by Erik »

You mean they have those? Like, close to my place? That'd be cool. We just have the old'n'plain Dutch supermarkets as far as I know.
So, I'd probably frequent them, if I knew any :P

The person below me has exams coming up, or has them right now.

Megaman Z
Miko-Class Veteran

#143 Post by Megaman Z »

PW>>I'm looking, I'm looking... it was mentioned at least twice total in the magazines, once when they gave us a preview (which I don't have), and then again when somebody wrote to EGM saying they had a goof-up. (EGM said it was "Have fun!", when it was really "Have A fun"). I believe the issue we're looking for is around the 2nd half of 2000/1st half of 2001. I'll PM you if I track it down... provided it wasn't thrown away...

okay, lemme try to say this right... Topikku made ikimasu...
Erik wrote:...has exams coming up, or has them right now.
already had them. (or should I say it? I was exempt from 6/7 exams, the only reason that wasn't 7/7 was because my science teacher kept my notebook when he did a notebook check at the start of the last 9 weeks, thus leaving me with a zero for the second one [and a makeshift folder for the third and final one, which wasn't a 100].)

the person below me does karaoke (I don't kare how good it is, just as long as you aktually do) (yes, the typos are intentional. just before somebody asks...)
~Kitsune Zeta

darkknight
Veteran

#144 Post by darkknight »

yes

but i dont do it at like partys or with huge amount of people...I sing/play it with my friends when we are bored or something else

The person below me Is building his own computer
(I just boughts a used motherboard, new cpu, and my drives)
If one man speaks out in a crowd against everyones opinion...Who will be remembered? The one who spoke his mind, or the millions that spoke against him....

bookie
Veteran

#145 Post by bookie »

Nope, was too lazy. I might build one when I go off to college since I'm not taking this one.

The person below me has traveled outside his/her home country

chronoluminaire
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: Elven Relations, Cloud Fairy, When I Rule The World
Tumblr: alextfish

#146 Post by chronoluminaire »

True :) I've been to France lots, Spain once, Belarus once, and even to the USA three times ;) (And Scotland and Wales a few times, but those don't really count. I've never been to Ireland.)

The person below me has seen at least two new anime this month (as in, that you hadn't seen any of before this month).
BONUS Extra Question: The person below me has seen at least two new manga this month (as in, that you hadn't seen any of before this month).

PyTom
Ren'Py Creator
Completed: Moonlight Walks
Projects: Ren'Py
IRC Nick: renpytom
Github: renpytom
itch: renpytom

#147 Post by PyTom »

chronoluminaire wrote:The person below me has seen at least two new anime this month (as in, that you hadn't seen any of before this month).
BONUS Extra Question: The person below me has seen at least two new manga this month (as in, that you hadn't seen any of before this month).
Hm... new anime. Well, assuming by "month" you mean 30/31 days as opposed to May, I'll have to say True. I started watching "He is My Master" and "Honey and Clover" this month. On the manga side, I read "Girls Saurus" and "Karin". (But what I really want to start is "Pretty Maniacs", the sequel to "Maniac Road".)

Going back a couple of questions, I've been to Canada, which is technically another country. (But they didn't ask to see a passport at the border.)

I just ordered parts to upgrade rei, the computer I develop Ren'Py on. Sempron 3100+, 1gb of ram, new case and mobo.

Hmm... how's this. The person below me will see Revenge of the Sith in the next 24 hours. Remember, people posting untagged spoilers will be summarily shot!
Supporting creators since 2004
(When was the last time you backed up your game?)
"Do good work." - Virgil Ivan "Gus" Grissom
Software > Drama • https://www.patreon.com/renpytom

Megaman Z
Miko-Class Veteran

#148 Post by Megaman Z »

no. (beating the GBA game: not likely. reason why in spoiler box, first line. ignore second and other lines if you don't want additional spoilers)
stuck on the fifth level (anikin skywalker's route) on padawan, where ani races to stop mace windu from killing chancellor... palpatine(?) who told ani that he (Palpatine) was a [guess what?*]

what little I know:

Anikin is Darth vader (c'mon! if his first fury attack, "Vader's wrath", didn't clue you in, NOTHING WILL!)

Anikin kills... whoever the guy that kidnapped Palpatine (level three GBA version)

droids are snuck into courasant (sp?)

[the games are supposed to match the movie storyline if I'm not mistaken. right down to the duel between the two playable characters.]

* - sith
the person below me is expecting to get/purchase a game soon

(OT>>PyTom named his computer? oh well... might as well give mine a name... I think amnesiac fits... I keep having to delete stuff...)
~Kitsune Zeta

Cazel
Regular

#149 Post by Cazel »

Megaman Z wrote: the person below me is expecting to get/purchase a game soon
False. I still have way too many games I have not beaten yet, including some, like Tokimemo 3, which I haven't even tried. I'm sorta trying to avoid getting new games until I've beaten more of the ones I already have. Well, with the exception of any releases here. I suppose I would get those.

Anyway, the person below me has come up with an interesting statement for this forum game, then forgotten about it by the time they got to that part of the post. *mutter*

Megaman Z
Miko-Class Veteran

#150 Post by Megaman Z »

I've had millions. trust me, you don't wanna hear them. (hell, I don't wanna hear them. that means SHUT UP, D. ZETA!)

the person below me has noticed my absence.
~Kitsune Zeta