[Forum Game] the person below me...

Forum organization and occasional community-building.
Forum rules
Questions about Ren'Py should go in the Ren'Py Questions and Announcements forum.
ChaoticAtomBomb

#151 Post by ChaoticAtomBomb »

^^^^

even though I am new...
kinda...yeah...

the person below me remembers where IDDQD and IDKFA are from.

and what they did

Megaman Z
Miko-Class Veteran
Projects: NaNoRenO 2016, Ren'Py tutorial series

#152 Post by Megaman Z »

okay, see the spoiler box.
they apply to DOOM 1 and DOOM II (can't confirm DOOM 3, won't run on my system)

IDDQD: God mode. confirm input by the head on the status bar having gold eyes. (AUTOMATICALLY DISABLED IN FINAL SECTION OF DOOM 1'S FINAL LEVEL FOR EPISODE 1, AS THE ENDING TRIGGER IS HEALTH-BASED [I think about 40-30% health triggers it])

IDKFA: K=Keys, FA=Full Ammo. somehow, this also gives you all the weapons as well. the backpack still needs to be picked up to increase the ammo limit in DOOM II.
the person below me knows the significance of "MLI" (hint: MS-DOS 3D game, the first 3D game created. no, it's not the one mentioned above, but ID software was on the dev team.)
~Kitsune Zeta

darkknight
Veteran

#153 Post by darkknight »

I know this one!!!!!!!

comeon!!!!

Wolfinstine???

The person below me will correct my mistake and call me a name
If one man speaks out in a crowd against everyones opinion...Who will be remembered? The one who spoke his mind, or the millions that spoke against him....

mikey
Lemma-Class Veteran
itch: atpprojects

#154 Post by mikey »

You make it all too easy... Foxinstine of course... you darkknight!

Alright... darn I have to think of something again... The person below me has to wake up around 6 a.m. the whole next week :cry:

Erik
Regular

#155 Post by Erik »

Not quite, almost all exams are in the afternoon for me :)

The person below me goes to the movies at least once a week.

ChaoticAtomBomb

#156 Post by ChaoticAtomBomb »

nope....to broke, to many exams, etc....
and to many video games.

the person below me knows what would happen if you kep trying to enter the IDDQD or IDKFA codes in ID software's somewhat later work, Heretic

Megaman Z
Miko-Class Veteran

#157 Post by Megaman Z »

I'm not quite sure, but I think the God mode code carries over. I'd have to double-check... *literally digs through all the CD's in the room... no Heretic disc found. (no Hexen one, either, but I think that has different codes altogether, despite technically being Heritic's sequel [can you say "Make me a pig!"? god, I loved that code! totally useless in combat, but that's why it's good!]...)* I'll check later.

the person below me thinks that voice-controlled games should be more common (not quite to the extreme length that Lifeline was, but about 50% of the control should be from voice commands...)
~Kitsune Zeta

ShiraiJunichi
Miko-Class Veteran

#158 Post by ShiraiJunichi »

Oh yeah- definitely. I spent around 20 bucks for my PS2 USB headset, and the only game I have that I can use it with is Socom ;_; Oh well, at least it doubles as a PC microphone/headset. Unlike my eye toy ...stupid... *mumble* ....trash... *mumble mumble*

The person below me has more Japanese music than English.

bookie
Veteran

#159 Post by bookie »

You know, that may just be true. *blush* And some of it is really bad Japanese music.

The person below me has never bought anything from hot topic.

Megaman Z
Miko-Class Veteran

#160 Post by Megaman Z »

hot topic... hot topic... (goes to google) hot topic... nope, never heard of it.

ShiraiJunichi>>try Lifeline if A)you have a LOT of patience and B)you really want another game to use the headset (consider it if you want a unique game experiance. 90% voice control, 10% D-pad and square pressing [you will use the D-pad when you fight the final boss, which I think is the alien (or cursed) form of Powers, the head scientist]. It'll take some time to beat it [mainly thanks to the damn exibit room unlock sequence! half the time Rio turned around when I clearly said "Get ready, Set", and it will take a few tries to open that door. you'll know why when you get there. also, my current record is 7h ~30m with over 2000 voice commands. that was done in one sitting. translation: too much spare time!])

the person below me actually read the whole thing directed to ShiraiJunichi (even if s/he isn't ShiraiJunichi!)
~Kitsune Zeta

ShiraiJunichi
Miko-Class Veteran

#161 Post by ShiraiJunichi »

What? Were you saying something to me? jk
Yeah, I read it all- I always read stuff that is directed to me in it's entirety.
I did a search for it, and it looks pretty interesting. Hopefully, not too gory... I think I'll pick it up some time.

Never been to hot topic? I didn't know it existed either until a friend showed it to me at the mall earlier this year. I thought the Napolean Dynamite shirts they had were pretty funny. But the only thing that I might have actually boughten was a Mr. T voice playback device. Push a button and "I pity da foo!" Oh, it was great. There were three other sayings too, but I can't remember them... Oh- just found it at Amazon.com. Check it out, and "Don't gimme no back talk, sucka!" :P

The person below me imitated Mr. T while reading my post (if no, has imitated Mr. T ever)

Megaman Z
Miko-Class Veteran

#162 Post by Megaman Z »

I pity the fool that posts here and doesn't like renai games! (how's that?)

ShiraiJunichi>>couple things:

A)I had to get it via internet order

B)it's rated "M", has a bit of gore in it (Rio actually gets a little squeamish when looking at a particular pair of bodies), and can be annoying as hell. patience is a nessisity for it.

also, just in case you get a used copy without the manual, here's a couple notes right out of the manual [my notes are in italics]:
characters:

Operator (the player): You are locked in the monitor room and can't get out. But you can communicate with others and remotely control the equipment in the station using the operation system. You are working with Rio [see below -MMZ] in order to get out of the monitor room.

Rio:Waitress at the Station Hotel. She is looking for something besides other survivors

Naomi: Your Girlfriend. You were both invited to the inaugural Christmas party at the Staion Hotel

[the list continues, but these details are nessisary to know to get to the first save point -MMZ]
the next section had a misprint. the correction is in bold. also, this is for the default control scheme.
Controller keys [abbreviated -MMZ]:

O: mic input [press first, then speak, then release. leave a bit of silence before and after you speak -MMZ]

[triangle]: display analysis point/enemy part list (depends on situation) [use this if they disappear for some reason, such as hitting "open" instead of "Close" at a certain point (it may happen. you can recover from this type of mistake... usually) -MMZ]

[]: confirm selection (menus, operating hotel devices)

SELECT: SKIP CUTSCENES [cutscenes will not display the monitor interface -MMZ]

L2:unused.

[other shoulder buttons]: display monitor aids [L1: map, R2: keywords, R1: item list]

[R1, in battle]: switch POV (Hotel camera<-->Rio's POV)

Start: Pause [exception: at start of game, press start to respond to the distress call. it tells you on the monitor to hit start -MMZ]
the person below me thinks I am crazy (I won't hold anything against you)
~Kitsune Zeta

darkknight
Veteran

#163 Post by darkknight »

No, I dont think your crazy...
After seeing your posts i know you are...
oh yeah megaman is your game out cause i a kinda confused...

The person below me has a huge lollypoplong story
If one man speaks out in a crowd against everyones opinion...Who will be remembered? The one who spoke his mind, or the millions that spoke against him....

Megaman Z
Miko-Class Veteran

#164 Post by Megaman Z »

no, and no, it isn't... yet... still working on A) getting the scriptwork done, which is primarily waiting for B) the character art and C) the BG's. D) the BGM's can come later.
so in weird ascii art, that's:

Code: Select all

[B]----------------------+-----------------[C]
                         |
                         |
                         |
                         |
                         |
                         V
                        [A]
                         |
                         |
                         |
                         |
                         |
                         |
                         V
                        [D]------------------------>Release!
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
+[A]coding                            +
+[B]Character art                     +
+[C]BG art                            +
+[D]BGMs                              +
+-------------------------------------+
+"+" AND operator                     +
+                                     +
+arrows show dependancy               +
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
~Kitsune Zeta

Beta
Regular

#165 Post by Beta »

and the T/F question is? (Zeta------>Baka)

the person below me has derailed a forum topic (or forum game).