Basic Commission Prices ?

Forum organization and occasional community-building.
Forum rules
Questions about Ren'Py should go in the Ren'Py Questions and Announcements forum.
hismaimai2000

Basic Commission Prices ?

#1 Post by hismaimai2000 »

So, I have no idea where to post this, so forgive me if it's in the wrong place !
I just wanted to know the basic/ acceptable commission prices for artists etc. ?

For example, first time artists looking for their first job, or per set, CGs etc.
THANK YOU !
Dịch vụ rut ham cau gia re tận tâm công ty rút hầm cầu giá rẻ chuyên nghiệp

Aviala
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: Your Royal Gayness, Love Bug, Lovingly Evil
Organization: Lizard Hazard Games
Tumblr: lizardhazardgames
itch: aviala

Re: Basic Commission Prices ?

#2 Post by Aviala »

There are no set prices, but you can calculate your prices by estimating the time it takes you to draw one sprite for example, and multiply it by the hourly "wage" you want to get from drawing. For example, I base my prices on 15€ per hour so if it takes me 3 hours to draw a sprite then the sprite would cost 45 euros and so on.
You could just charge by the hour if you wanted, but a lot of customers prefer set prices because that way they can estimate their budget more accurately beforehand.

If you're a complete novice, you could base your prices on whatever is the minimum wage in your country. A lot of new artist undervalue their work but it's better if you think realistically -- if you're earning, say, 2€ per hour doing really cheap commissions that's not good for you or the art community in general.