Visual Novel Streamers/ Youtubers?

Forum organization and occasional community-building.
Forum rules
Questions about Ren'Py should go in the Ren'Py Questions and Announcements forum.
KrunchyFriedGames
Regular
Completed: Witches and Bandits and Swords (Oh My), The Bunny Hill Horror
Projects: The Bunny Hill Horror : Bunny Boiler
Organization: Krunchy Fried Games
Deviantart: redruM-110
itch: krunchyfriedgames

Visual Novel Streamers/ Youtubers?

#1 Post by KrunchyFriedGames »

Does anyone know if there are any Twitch streamers or Youtubers who are mainly interested in VNs?

I ask partly because I'm often very lazy and sometimes like to lie back and treat games like movies (I watched Vinny Vinesauce's stream of SIlent Hill 2 recently, as i was getting nowehere with the game myself, and didn't think I'd come back to it), and partly because I want to try and publicise my own game Witches and Bandits and Swords (Oh My) a bit more- even if it is nearly a year old now, and I only get a smattering of ad revenue from it. Hopefully it will be a good fit for someone.
Krunchy Fried Games
Itch Homepage
Twitter

trooper6
Lemma-Class Veteran
Projects: A Close Shave

Re: Visual Novel Streamers/ Youtubers?

#2 Post by trooper6 »

I stream story heavy games, which also includes Visual Novels. I normally stream from my Mac on Thursdays (which is where the visual novels are most likely to show up), and Saturdays from my PS4. I’m not streaming this week because I’m at a conference but I’ll be back next week. I’m currently playing Horizon Zero Dawn on the PS4 and I’ll be doing that for a while. For the Thursday streams I’m finishing up To The Moon, then I have to finish the last two nominees for the 2018 IGN Excellence in Narrative category (Where the Water Tastes Like Wine and A Night in the Woods). I’m pretty sure I’ll be doing another visual novel after that.

You can find me on Twitch at TrooperSJP
A Close Shave:
*Last Thing Done (Aug 17): Finished coding emotions and camera for 4/10 main labels.
*Currently Doing: Coding of emotions and camera for the labels--On 5/10
*First Next thing to do: Code in all CG and special animation stuff
*Next Next thing to do: Set up film animation
*Other Thing to Do: Do SFX and Score (maybe think about eye blinks?)
Check out My Clock Cookbook Recipe: http://lemmasoft.renai.us/forums/viewto ... 51&t=21978

KrunchyFriedGames
Regular
Completed: Witches and Bandits and Swords (Oh My), The Bunny Hill Horror
Projects: The Bunny Hill Horror : Bunny Boiler
Organization: Krunchy Fried Games
Deviantart: redruM-110
itch: krunchyfriedgames

#3 Post by KrunchyFriedGames »

trooper6 wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 11:44 pm I stream story heavy games, which also includes Visual Novels. I normally stream from my Mac on Thursdays (which is where the visual novels are most likely to show up), and Saturdays from my PS4. I’m not streaming this week because I’m at a conference but I’ll be back next week. I’m currently playing Horizon Zero Dawn on the PS4 and I’ll be doing that for a while. For the Thursday streams I’m finishing up To The Moon, then I have to finish the last two nominees for the 2018 IGN Excellence in Narrative category (Where the Water Tastes Like Wine and A Night in the Woods). I’m pretty sure I’ll be doing another visual novel after that.

You can find me on Twitch at TrooperSJP
That's pretty cool- it's nice to be able to see people on the forum in 'real person' mode too, rather than just through written messages.

I dipped into your videos- mainly the Tooth and Tail one and that is one long intro! Got to say, I enjoyed your cosy, fireside-style presentation though, and the Rocky Horror song, of course. Hope the streaming continues to go well :)
Krunchy Fried Games
Itch Homepage
Twitter

trooper6
Lemma-Class Veteran
Projects: A Close Shave

#4 Post by trooper6 »

Thanks! Tooth and Tail was interesting. It was one of the IGN Excellence in Narrative Games, but it didn’t really have the sort of narrative grab that some of the other nominees had. But I play blind play through to work it out together with the viewers.
A Close Shave:
*Last Thing Done (Aug 17): Finished coding emotions and camera for 4/10 main labels.
*Currently Doing: Coding of emotions and camera for the labels--On 5/10
*First Next thing to do: Code in all CG and special animation stuff
*Next Next thing to do: Set up film animation
*Other Thing to Do: Do SFX and Score (maybe think about eye blinks?)
Check out My Clock Cookbook Recipe: http://lemmasoft.renai.us/forums/viewto ... 51&t=21978