♥ ♠ ACE JAM 2019 ♠ ♥ (January 1st-31st, 2019) - 2nd round of the game jam about games with asexual characters!

Forum organization and occasional community-building.
Forum rules
Questions about Ren'Py should go in the Ren'Py Questions and Announcements forum.
Metaparadox
itch: metaparadox

♥ ♠ ACE JAM 2019 ♠ ♥ (January 1st-31st, 2019) - 2nd round of the game jam about games with asexual characters!

#1 Post by Metaparadox »

♥ ♠ ACE JAM ♠ ♥
(January 1st-31st, 2018)

Hi LSF! While Ace Jam is not limited to visual novels, it's a jam especially suited to visual novels. Ace Jam is a game jam specifically about making games with asexual spectrum characters in primary roles, where their asexuality is made explicit in the game’s text. This is the second year Ace Jam is running, and the first year of explicitly including tabletop and live games in addition to video games.

Ace Jam officially begins on January 1st, 2019. If you’d like to participate, you can start whenever you’d like. This is a low pressure game jam with no winners, losers or rankings, and people of all skill levels are welcome! Check out the jam page for links to easy-to-use free game making resources. You don't have to be asexual to join, just care about ace representation in games! There are some rules though, so be sure to read through them on the jam page.

While this is a relatively newbie-friendly jam, what is expected of you is that you have done your research on asexuality and portray it respectfully. Real asexual people the world over are impacted by any new representation of their orientation, and any representation could be someone's first intro to asexuality. If you don't feel like your grasp on the subject of asexuality is sufficient (and even if you do!), please check out the list of links on the jam page. If you don't know the difference between asexual, aromantic, and agender or aren't willing to look it up on your own, this may not be the jam for you.

If you come across this post after the game jam is over, check out the page to see the great games that have been submitted!

Downloads: http://metaparadox.itch.io/
Finished Games: We Met Once, Perhaps in a Dream (8k words)
WIPs: Camp Ravenrock; Over Water, Under Hill; The A-List; Femme Story

Zelan
Lemma-Class Veteran
Completed: The Dark
Projects: Cosplay Couple
Tumblr: evns
itch: Zelan
Discord: ltnkitsuragi#7082

Re: ♥ ♠ ACE JAM 2019 ♠ ♥ (January 1st-31st, 2019) - 2nd round of the game jam about games with asexual characters!

#2 Post by Zelan »

Oh, it's so cool that this is running again! I didn't have a chance to participate last year but this time I'll be off school for the entire duration of the jam, so hopefully it'll be a good opportunity for me! ^_^

catfriend3000
Completed: This is This and That is That

Re: ♥ ♠ ACE JAM 2019 ♠ ♥ (January 1st-31st, 2019) - 2nd round of the game jam about games with asexual characters!

#3 Post by catfriend3000 »

This sounds really cool! I've been looking for ace character-focus games, and what better way than making one of my own ^.^
I hope I'll find the time to participate, but I wish anyone who wants/plans to do this the best!

timepatches
Regular
Completed: When Aster Falls; Were|House; DemiDato: Monster Dating Show; Grand-Nya
Projects: The Bat-Chelor
Organization: Sad Ghost Studios
Tumblr: sadghoststudios
itch: Sad Ghost Studios

#4 Post by timepatches »

Yesss!!
I can't wait for this. So sad that I missed it last year (and in the meantime I released something that would have been perfect, lmao), but it's so exciting to see it back again!
If anyone needs a writer, editor, or UI designer, I'd love to team up!
ImageImage Image

★☆ currently: DEMIDATO RELEASED MARCH 14 \ *°▽°* /
i appreciate honest critique!