BL Game Interest Survey!

Forum organization and occasional community-building.
Forum rules
Questions about Ren'Py should go in the Ren'Py Questions and Announcements forum.
AstralWire
Organization: Astral Wire Studios

BL Game Interest Survey!

#1 Post by AstralWire »

Hey guys! I made a survey to decide which VN Script I should start coding and gathering assets for first. It would help a lot if you filled it out, thanks!

https://goo.gl/forms/VsSdDF9J32xXzf2A3
Professional programmer with four years experience in the Video Game Industry.
Can't afford a programmer but have art skills? No problem! Check this out
Would you like Live2D animation for your sprites but are working on a limited budget? You can always negotiate with me.

Offworlder
Regular

Re: BL Game Interest Survey!

#2 Post by Offworlder »

I'm always up for playing more BL games!
As such, I filled out your survey to the best of my ability with the information provided. It's honestly quite hard to judge a game based on just its basic theme. I might have chosen differently had there been an actual plot summary for any of your ideas.

AstralWire
Organization: Astral Wire Studios

#3 Post by AstralWire »

Offworlder wrote: Sat Dec 01, 2018 9:56 pm I'm always up for playing more BL games!
As such, I filled out your survey to the best of my ability with the information provided. It's honestly quite hard to judge a game based on just its basic theme. I might have chosen differently had there been an actual plot summary for any of your ideas.
I really struggle between giving as much information as possible, and spoiling too much of the story xD. But I'm glad you gave it a shot!
Professional programmer with four years experience in the Video Game Industry.
Can't afford a programmer but have art skills? No problem! Check this out
Would you like Live2D animation for your sprites but are working on a limited budget? You can always negotiate with me.

illuminate001
Veteran
Completed: DSGR, Let's MEAT Adam, Sexy Litter, Bara Boarders
Projects: Secret Project
Organization: Soulsoft Electronic Arts
Tumblr: soulsoftea
itch: soulsoftea

#4 Post by illuminate001 »

Hey AstralWire,

I did the survey today cause it was short and quick. :)

I answered the 2 last questions about why I chose my least/most fav concept, but I wanted to stop by and tell you abit more. Hopefully you find it helpful lol.

Basically I had a really hard time choosing between "Gamer Enters VideoGame" and "Alien Idols & Manager". The rest, especially the "High School Romance" one, sounded too common, as if I'd seen these plots before.

While the AlienIdols one had a plot I liked because it's zany and could go in so many different directions and be incredibly unique...I felt like GamerEntersGame was my pick. Of course we've seen this basic premise alot recently (eg. SwordArtOnline and more+) but the way you describe your take on it, seems to have more heart than your other ideas. Also, while this overall setup is simple, I think you could do some really deep and emotional scenes if you make emotion the focus.
ImageImage
ImageImage

High
Regular

#5 Post by High »

Hi @AstralWire.

I echo the sentiment of the other posters, it was very difficult figuring out what appeals to me the most with only a basic premise but filled out the survey. In order of least to most interesting to me:

5)Vampire & Vampire Hunter was the premise I was least interested in. I think I'm just over vampires. Plus in vampire romances there's usually that whole "I love but I also want to kill you and drink your blood" thing, which... uhm... no.

4) Alien Idols & Manager also didn't interest me very much. I know nothing about K-Pop or Korea's music industry so it's not a premise that appeals to me, and if you were to make references or jokes about Korean musicians they would fly right above my head. I would probably be more interested if it was full on "Idols in SPACE", like if the manager and the idols lived in space and were on a quest to reach the top of the galactic charts or something like that.

3) High School Romance was going to be my number two until I read "childhood friend". I unashamedly love stories set on high school so this was going to score high with me anyway, but I'm sick of dating people I grew up with, who have been carrying a torch for me for the longest time and still don't make a move. And yeah, I realize it's a very nitpicky reason to not like something, but I feel like I've romance that character so many times that I need a break so that type of romance can charm me again. Also the premise to this story just didn't have a hook as good as the others. Compare "you came out of the closet and three guys are acting weird" to "the singers you're managing are aliens" or "you're an angel who has to turn a heart breaker into a home maker".

2) Angel & Human was a premise that I liked the more I thought about it. I think there is real potential in playing as character who has a mission and tries to resist the pull of a relationship but still finds himself slowly slip into one.

1) Gamer enters Video Games was by far my favorite of the five. For one the romance in this one was the most fleshed out and detailed of all five premises, so that helps a lot. I really like how the main character starts crushing on someone else and then has to overcome his own preconceptions and jealousy until he realizes he likes his love interest. Also putting the player inside the game also opens up the possibility of lampooning plenty of RPG staples, if having a satirical element is part of your vision for the game.

I was a little confused by the scope of the games from reading the premises cause in some of them it seems like there a multiple love interests (High School Romance and Alien Idols & Manager) and in others there is only one(Angel & Human and Gamer enters Video Games).(?)

Anyway, I wish you good luck with whatever story you end up choosing.