Noob questions

Forum organization and occasional community-building.
Forum rules
Questions about Ren'Py should go in the Ren'Py Questions and Announcements forum.
VorrAkkagi

Noob questions

#1 Post by VorrAkkagi »

Hi folks,
I've decided to brush the rust and dust off my meager programming skills and try to learn Ren'py to make my own novel. My background is more art, but I did learn enough to smack Dreamweaver around when it screwed up the code so my images wouldn't come up, etc.

So question 1 is: I didn't see a section here for help with coding. Could be I'm blind ... I'm sure my glasses are around here somewhere...

And 2: I was making my first run at a novel, mostly for practice, have been running through all sorts of tutorials with Ren'py, etc. and was making good progress. Then suddenly I can't get my projects to launch because of my text lines (which were working fine previously). Now of a sudden, I get "renpy/common/000window.rpy" at line (with text line number given) "window auto callback" errors.

It's behaving a bit like the laws of Renpy suddenly shifted while I was sleeping...
I've checked indentation - matching mine against the tutorials, etc. (which the indentation was fine before anyway), checked for a new version of RenPy - mine was up-to-date all along.

At wit's end here. I've spent two days now trying to figure out what the problem is... =(

Thanks in advance for any clues you all can hand out to the clueless...

fleet
Eileen-Class Veteran
Deviantart: fleetp

Re: Noob questions

#2 Post by fleet »

Welcome to the forum.

Section on ren'py coding is at viewforum.php?f=51

Specific questions about ren'py should be posted at viewforum.php?f=8

PS I don't use ren'py, but lots of folks here do and are willing to help you. :D
Some of my visual novels are at http://www.the-new-lagoon.com. They are NSFW
Poorly done hand-drawn art is still poorly done art. Be a Poser (or better yet, use DAZ Studio 3D) - dare to be different.