You might be playing too many renai games when...

Forum organization and occasional community-building.
Forum rules
Questions about Ren'Py should go in the Ren'Py Questions and Announcements forum.
Tyler
Regular

#16 Post by Tyler »

Megaman Z wrote:you wonder "where the heck are all the Tenchi Muyo!* renai games?!?"
|
|
L>You proceed to make a Tenchi Muyo! renai game (it's on my to-do list!)
good idea. Ya, where are they lol. I used to watch it when I was somewhere around 11-13. don't remember. First was Tenchi Muyo, I liked. Then before hte last 2 girls showed up (the to galexy polcie girls) It swhiched to Tenchi Universe. Totally different story, only thing same is characters. Then there was another story don't remember the title. Then Tenchi in Tokyo. Aye ya :?

Megaman Z
Miko-Class Veteran
Projects: NaNoRenO 2016, Ren'Py tutorial series

#17 Post by Megaman Z »

only those three series were shown on Cartoon Network. also, Mihoshi and Kyone do appear in the OVA (first series shown in the US. Tenchi Universe is the original TV version... wierd, don't ya think?)

I've seen three Tenchi muyo movies... wait, we're getting off-track again!
~Kitsune Zeta

kara24601
Veteran
Projects: Numerous unfinished dreams await completion.

#18 Post by kara24601 »

- You took "Marry Me Misato" too seriously at first but eventually realized it is an obvious parody. ( *raises hand and blushs* )

- You buy one of those cardboard standups that look like famous people or make one yourself , pretend they are really there with you and they are your girlfriend / boyfriend ( based on a commercial....I've yet to see something like this in a game unless you count MMM and Sango....lol )

- You are confused when somebody claims "Sango!" is a parody 'cause even though it has its funny moments , it seems more like a serious ren'ai to you even though it uses a well-known character.

- You or others have dyed your hair because you think it will make you look cuter or even just have it as another way for people to tell you apart from other people.

-You wonder why "Graduation" is considered a ren'ai when you didn't see much romance in that time ( real life or game related )

- You wish you could fight Satan in another world ( He'll be known as Lucifron or some silly variation in that world ) and save a kingdom from his army , thus impressing the gods enough to give you a daughter to raise and perhaps eventually marry ( Princess Maker ....seriously....since she isn't related to you by blood you can end up having your daughter fall in love with you and marry you...hehe )

- You offer a Blue feather instead of a gold ring to the person you want to marry
( Harvest Moon )

- You wish you could meet a handsome dragon prince , fight bandits , wear beautiful outfits , ect.

- You think all you have to do is give a girl alot of her favorite items over and over again , talk to her alot about things like what her favorite color is over and over again , and take her on expensive dates to be truely happy

( yes I have a bad habit of accidentally reviving old threads..however at the time I had posted I didn't see this as an old thread and I'm sorry if by mentioning this is what you meant by "not a word"...oops too late , gomen nasai Megaman-Z. anyway but even with the "veiled insult" , I'm bi just in case anyone wonders so yes I do likey the "Get the girls" games very much even though at the same time the whole gift crap and stuff gets on my nerves...more so about "talking about the same stuff over and over again" ....when I think about it ...I myself would be swooning over a man who gave me lots and lots of gifts and took me on expensive dates alot. Heh. Oh , I just wouldn't want the same thing too much. In those games it's like you end up giving like ten or more teddy bears , pans , ect. depending on what she likes you give her too many of those...lol then again sometimes it's nice to have alot of the same thing you've always had. )
Last edited by kara24601 on Wed Aug 17, 2005 7:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Megaman Z
Miko-Class Veteran
Projects: NaNoRenO 2016, Ren'Py tutorial series

#19 Post by Megaman Z »

kara24601 wrote:- You took "Marry Me Misato" too seriously at first but eventually realized it is an obvious parody. ( *raises hand and blushs* )
I played it seriously, but knew it was a parody all along. (I'm weird in that aspect...)
- You or others have dyed your hair because you think it will make you look cuter or even just have it as another way for people to tell you apart from other people.
considered, but after I graduate. darn dress code...
- You offer a Blue feather instead of a gold ring to the person you want to marry
( Harvest Moon )
I'm gonna take this time to mention that an english version of Harvest moon: More Friends of Mineral Town (AKA Friends of Mineral Town for Girls) has been spotted. thank you.
- You think all you have to do is give a girl alot of her favorite items over and over again , talk to her alot about things like what her favorite color is over and over again , and take her on expensive dates to be truely happy
- you wonder why a girl is saying this. and then realize it's an insult. and then realize you don't have a clue what the insult embedded in the message is. (I know there's one there!)

- you swear SO3: Till the End of Time is technically a renai game. (17 endings depending on how well you get along with specific party members and who's in your party at the end of the game.)

- you want to refute the following law of murphy's...
Love and high-school must NEVER go together.
- you reanimate (sp?) this thread and then go PM the creator about something in this thread. (not a word, Vampsy. not a word)
~Kitsune Zeta