Multiple Project Directories

Forum organization and occasional community-building.
Forum rules
Questions about Ren'Py should go in the Ren'Py Questions and Announcements forum.
mitoky
Veteran
Projects: The Purring Demon's Love, circus eterie

Multiple Project Directories

#1 Post by mitoky »

Hello!

In general i know it probably is smarter to keep files in "one" place, but i was thinking specifically for people with teams or personal projects such a feature could be handy.

Example: You have a personal project and two you help out with. For the personal project, you have a folder on your pc, while the ones help out with have each a dropbox folder.
With mutiple directories one could easily add team folder/external ones without having to move anything.

Would that be possible? And what do you think?

xavimat
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: Yeshua, Jesus Life, Cops&Robbers
Projects: Fear&Love, unknown
Organization: Pilgrim Creations
Github: xavi-mat
itch: pilgrimcreations

Re: Multiple Project Directories

#2 Post by xavimat »

Three solutions:

1. (My favorite) I have my projects folder inside dropbox itself, all my projects are automatically updated in all my computers. I can set a single project-folder to be shared.
2. You can tell dropbox to sync also single folders in your hard drive, not only your main dropbox folder. So you can sync only one project-folder.
3. Put a file named "projects.txt" inside your projects folder with paths to folders in your computer that will be treated as projects, as if they where in your projects folder. (see: viewtopic.php?f=8&t=53419#p503150 )
Comunidad Ren'Py en español: ¡Únete a nuestro Discord!
Rhaier Kingdom A Ren'Py Multiplayer Adventure Visual Novel.
Cops&Robbers A two-player experiment | Fear&Love Why can't we say I love you?
Honest Critique (Avatar made with Chibi Maker by ~gen8)