VN Survey

Forum organization and occasional community-building.
Forum rules
Questions about Ren'Py should go in the Ren'Py Questions and Announcements forum.
AlexiosWalf99
itch: wolf-x

VN Survey

#1 Post by AlexiosWalf99 »

Hello everyone,I'm Alex,a beginner creator of visual novels and I'm curious to see the players preferences regarding VNs.

This is a pretty basic survey that could help me gain some insight about the people who play visual novels and their own preferences, so if you got around 5-10 minutes spare time I'd really appreciate it if you could complete the survey:

https://goo.gl/forms/8baKtLQDIW3lLviy2

Thank you and have a nice day!

gekiganwing
Lemma-Class Veteran

Re: VN Survey

#2 Post by gekiganwing »

AlexiosWalf99 wrote: Sat Dec 29, 2018 11:25 am 6.Which style do you prefer?
* Western
* Anime
In my opinion, these are somewhat vague terms. Each one can be used to describe a variety of illustrated works. (I write this because I enjoy illustrations which stand out. If I can remember and describe the drawings, that's a plus.)

AlexiosWalf99

#3 Post by AlexiosWalf99 »

Thanks for pointing out.Well I wasn't exactly sure how to detail the styles so I just split them in two big ones just to be sure.

Nighten
Regular
Completed: Vincit, Sentiment Enneigés, The Devil took my Candies
Github: NightenDushi
itch: nighten
Discord: Nighten#3081

#4 Post by Nighten »

Completed! It would be great if you share with us some interesting stats about the results, it's interest me a lot too!
But if you don't want to, that's fine; I hope it will be useful for you!
If you need help with your project, you can hire me as a programmer! :D

Image ImageImage

AlexiosWalf99

#5 Post by AlexiosWalf99 »

Thank you! After I get as many answers as possible I will check the results and determine the preferences of the VN's players and If I deem the research good enough and insightful I will share it with you all. :mrgreen:

Zelan
Lemma-Class Veteran
Completed: The Dark
Projects: Cosplay Couple
Tumblr: evns
itch: Zelan
Discord: ltnkitsuragi#7082

#6 Post by Zelan »

I personally didn't see the point of the question about VNs with human vs. non-human characters, especially since there wasn't an option to pick both or neither. It doesn't make a difference to me. Anyway, I filled out your survey. Good luck with your research. c:

AlexiosWalf99

#7 Post by AlexiosWalf99 »

Thanks,well is pretty much the same issue with the anime vs western question,some people just like both and can't choose a certain one,so I just let the them pick both if not one of them.

cedes
Regular
itch: cedes

#8 Post by cedes »

Boom filled it out! Hope it helps, I've played quite a few visual novels but none really recent so I hope I can still help out with it haha.

lymphae

#9 Post by lymphae »

Filled out! I'd love to see the statistics you'll gather as well, it'll be really interesting to see what the results are. I think an interesting thing to ask would be whether or not people seek only free vn's or do they actually buy to play.

AlexiosWalf99

#10 Post by AlexiosWalf99 »

Thanks both of you! I'm almost to my target number of survey answers.When i will reach it I will gather the info and put it all together into a proper research file and if its good enough I will share it here in the forums to maybe give some insights to current or future VN creators!