Spanish community

Forum organization and occasional community-building.
Forum rules
Questions about Ren'Py should go in the Ren'Py Questions and Announcements forum.
2_an
Regular

Spanish community

#1 Post by 2_an »

Attention: This thread is to find everyone who speaks Spanish. !!

Hi all!:

I've been in this forum for a while, and I want to contact other members of the Spanish language. My English is not very good. I'm quite new to RenPy.
Last edited by 2_an on Tue Jan 08, 2019 3:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Hojita
Regular
Projects: sidérea
Tumblr: hojitasdelimon
Deviantart: limolimonera

Re: Spanish community

#2 Post by Hojita »

(I don't remember if there was any problem with posting in another language, so... sorry in advance if it is)

Buenas 2_an! La comunidad de desarrollo con Ren'Py y de Novelas Visuales en español es grande, aunque creo estamos todos muy separados. Creo que te será más efectivo buscar por otros medios para poder comunicarte en este idioma, o ir obteniendo el contacto de quienes te respondan por aquí. Si quieres algún dato mio dime por privado!

PyTom
Ren'Py Creator
Completed: Moonlight Walks
Projects: Ren'Py
IRC Nick: renpytom
Github: renpytom
itch: renpytom

#3 Post by PyTom »

The forum rule is that everyone is to communicate in English, just because it's hard to operate on a forum when there are multiple language in the use. As a moderator, it's very difficult to deal with non-spam threads that are in a language that I can't understand. It's also frustrating to try to read a forum where many of the posts are not in a single language.

That being said, a thread like this - assuming I* understand it right - is fine within reason. I think there is a lot of room for visual novel development communities in non-English language, and while I can't host them myself (for the reasons given above), I think it's practical to use threads here to determine if there is interest in setting one up.

* really, google translate.
Supporting creators since 2004
(When was the last time you backed up your game?)
"Do good work." - Virgil Ivan "Gus" Grissom
Software > Drama • https://www.patreon.com/renpytom

2_an
Regular

#4 Post by 2_an »

Hello Pytom!!

Ok! I apologize because I had not read the rules.
I also take this opportunity to congratulate you for this work you have done, RenPy is wonderful!!.

I sent you a private message to Hojita user.

Cotton Blue
Regular
Projects: メモリーズ~ 女神の保護者
Organization: Cotton Blue
Deviantart: CottonBlueVN
Soundcloud: Cotton Blue
itch: Cotton Blue

#5 Post by Cotton Blue »

Howdy! I want be your friend <3

I also speak Spanish, it's a bit difficult to find people who speak Spanish in the visual novel community :c
Memories~ Megami no hogo-sha [GxB] [Fantasy, Romance, Drama, Yōkai]

Hojita
Regular

#6 Post by Hojita »

I think we can do a Discord server for the spanish talking community

Donmai
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: Toire No Hanako, Li'l Red [NaNoRenO 2013], The One in LOVE [NaNoRenO 2014], Running Blade [NaNoRenO 2016], The Other Question, To The Girl With Sunflowers
Projects: Slumberland

#7 Post by Donmai »

That's a very good idea. Portuguese and Galician speakers could also benefit from that server, since those are very similar languages.

Esta es una gran idea. Hablantes de portugués y gallego también podrían beneficiarse de ese servidor, ya que son lenguajes muy similares.

Esta é uma ótima ideia. Os falantes de português e galego também poderiam se beneficiar desse servidor, já que são idiomas muito semelhantes.

Esta é unha gran idea. Os falantes de portugués e galego tamén poderían beneficiarse deste servidor, xa que son linguas moi semellantes.
No, sorry! You must be mistaking me for someone else.
TOIRE NO HANAKO (A Story About Fear)

2_an
Regular

we're 4 already !!

#8 Post by 2_an »

Hi! .. I am sorry for having been slow to respond, I had some difficulties. I'm glad to know we're 4 already :D :D . This reminds me of the American series "The A-Team", we could call ourselves "The S-Team" (the "S" for Spanish... lol; jokes).
PD: Without a doubt, among the four, I am the newest.

I am so new, that at this moment I am learning to design the character. I mean to learn all the possibilities that exist for the construction of the character. In particular, I really like the possibility of showing a photograph next to the text box, which can change the facial expression. Yesterday I spent a few hours carefully studying the "liveComposite" function integrated in the Character.

I hit myself many times with my head against the wall, because the program constantly gave me errors. Apparently, it does not let me name the image files with upper case names, for example if a photograph is named "M1", the program is not able to find it. On the other hand, if I rename it to "m1" or "m-1", then you can find it.

It is another example of the basic level in which I am. .. smiles

2_an
Regular

A web server?

#9 Post by 2_an »

I find the idea proposed by the Comrade Hojita to be interesting, although I do not have the knowledge to create a Discord server. By the way, if you have knowledge in the creation of a web server I am very interested in learning how to use it in order to upload games created with Monogatari or WebStory Engine to the internet.
A few weeks ago, I downloaded these visual novel engines, which I found in this same forum. They are quite simple to use, but in the end I could not publish my short stories online because I do not know how to do it. I uploaded my files to Google Drive, but it was impossible to play online, and I do not know where the problem is. :( :?

What I do know, is the possibility of using "twine", it is a free and online engine, with considerable potential, although it does not have a result as visual as RenPy or one of these two other engines mentioned before (Monogatari or WebStory Engine) . On the other hand, it is very easy to publish it on your own blog (for example blooger)
I have a thread open in this forum to see if I find people with knowledge in JavaScript and CSS.
My idea is that someone design some simple code to transform the appearance and make it more like the visual novel.
Here is a link to the thread if you want to visit it ..
viewtopic.php?f=57&t=53315

In principle I do not intend to use Twine to replace RenPy.
Twine can be used as a kind of intermediate tool. For example, through Twine you could publish small samples of a more extensive game manufactured in RenPy, to know the opinion of other partners, before publishing your finished game. (It's just an example, the same idea can be used in the games mentioned above: Monogatari or WebStory Engine)

Another option that occurs to me is that instead of creating a discord server as Comrade Hojita proposes, we can open a place (for example a blog) shared by the four (each one knows the password) to publish on the Internet (each one what you want to share).

I am studying the possibilities that Twine offers to keep the publications organized, because one of the problems that all the forums end up having is that over time, by increasing the publications and comments, it is a total chaos and almost nobody is able to find all the information, for this reason it is observed how many users repeat asks, again and again, making the chaos even bigger.

Important: Let's think how being able to store information in an orderly way

2_an
Regular

I am...

#10 Post by 2_an »

I have wanted to send several separate comments so as not to make one too extensive.

Well, what is a community, or in our case, a team, if its members do not show up a bit ?.

If you want you can send a comment talking about your goals, experience with RenPy in particular, or visual novels in general. And everything you want to add, of course.

I will try to make a first sample talking about me.
I met the world of visual novels this year, about the month of June or July. In Spain, in these months it is summer, heat and joy.
At the beginning I met Twine, and I was very interested in the idea of ​​this type of narration.
A few days later, I met RenPy, and he left me impressed. I spent many hours studying RenPy programming with great enthusiasm, although if you start from scratch as is my case, and with a basic knowledge of English, learning is hard. :cry:
PD: there are some videos in Spanish, here is the link:
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=P ... QbQ_bLcdV9

In my case, I am especially interested in constructing narratives oriented to psychology topics, my desire is to learn all the mechanics offered by RenPy and design educational projects.

On the other hand, since I was a child I was passionate about drawing, my dream was to become a comic artist, but my drawing does not have enough quality . Also, I'm somewhat messy for script writing, and very undecided to define characters.
However, my head is very fertile in the invention of stories.

A greeting !

Johan
Regular
Organization: DMEOW
itch: dmeow
Discord: Johan#7444

#11 Post by Johan »

Yo tambien hablo español! :3
if you guys make a discord, i'll be happy to join :D bc idk how to do it myself D;
dmeow !
Check my silly blog!

◤ And I saw the stars ★ falling down... ◢
Check the game!! IT'S OUT!!!

Hojita
Regular

#12 Post by Hojita »

I have zero knowledges about creating and administrating Discord servers, but yeah, I think it's the best option.

xavimat
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: Yeshua, Jesus Life, Cops&Robbers
Projects: Fear&Love, unknown
Organization: Pilgrim Creations
Github: xavi-mat
itch: pilgrimcreations

#13 Post by xavimat »

What's up, guys?
I'm in. I've been in this forums for some time and usually help people with (simple) renpy-coding issues.
I agree that a discord server could be great.

There are other two possibilities if the discord-server does not have success (and PyTom agrees with them):
- Maybe Pytom could create a only-Spanish subforum in this forums (assuming there are enough moderators who know the language that take care of it).
- Or maybe Pytom could create a Spanish channel in the official discord-server of renpy (again, assuming there are moderators to do the job).

Anyway, let's try first doing it for ourselves:
And with two clicks it's done: https://discord.gg/KWDk6se (Renpy-ESP, so unoriginal, I know).
Of course the main work is to moderate it. I'll ask for help to those who enter.

See you in discord!
Last edited by xavimat on Fri Jan 18, 2019 5:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Comunidad Ren'Py en español: ¡Únete a nuestro Discord!
Rhaier Kingdom A Ren'Py Multiplayer Adventure Visual Novel.
Cops&Robbers A two-player experiment | Fear&Love Why can't we say I love you?
Honest Critique (Avatar made with Chibi Maker by ~gen8)

Johan
Regular
Organization: DMEOW
itch: dmeow
Discord: Johan#7444

#14 Post by Johan »

In case this discord does not work, I support the second option, a spanish channel in the official renpy discord.
But first, let's try it ourselves first :p
dmeow !
Check my silly blog!

◤ And I saw the stars ★ falling down... ◢
Check the game!! IT'S OUT!!!

xavimat
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: Yeshua, Jesus Life, Cops&Robbers
Projects: Fear&Love, unknown
Organization: Pilgrim Creations
Github: xavi-mat
itch: pilgrimcreations

#15 Post by xavimat »

We are already 4 members in the discord server.
But I have no means of publicize it. The link only can be found buried in this forum.
So, I suggest you to add it to your signatures, as I've done (see below). Put it also in your facebook/twitter/etc if you know other Spanish-speaking VN creators in those sites.
See you!
Comunidad Ren'Py en español: ¡Únete a nuestro Discord!
Rhaier Kingdom A Ren'Py Multiplayer Adventure Visual Novel.
Cops&Robbers A two-player experiment | Fear&Love Why can't we say I love you?
Honest Critique (Avatar made with Chibi Maker by ~gen8)