Spanish community

Forum organization and occasional community-building.
Forum rules
Questions about Ren'Py should go in the Ren'Py Questions and Announcements forum.
Johan
Regular
Organization: DMEOW
itch: dmeow
Discord: Johan#7444

Re: Spanish community

#16 Post by Johan »

Good idea! Let's promote it as much as we can! :3
dmeow !
Check my silly blog!

◤ And I saw the stars ★ falling down... ◢
Check the game!! IT'S OUT!!!

Matalla
Veteran
Completed: Max Power and the Egyptian Beetle Case, The Candidate, The Last Hope, El cajón del viejo escritorio, Clementina y la luna roja, Caught in Orbit, Dirty Business Ep 0, Medianoche de nuevo, The Lost Smile
itch: matalla-interactive

#17 Post by Matalla »

Another spanish speaker (from Spain). I have been using renpy for some months, so I have little experience with it.

Anyway, I don't use discord because I really, really hate that stuff, but I'll keep an eye on this thread. If something else comes up (a subforum or something like that), I'll be there.

¡Saludos y suerte con vuestros proyectos!
Comunidad Ren'Py en español (Discord)
Honest Critique

2_an
Regular

Welcome Matalla

#18 Post by 2_an »

Hello and welcome Matalla...(I will send you a private message).

First Congratulations for creating a Discord group!!, .. and excuse me that I have not yet joined the discord group, but I'm currently studying other engines for visual novels, like Js-vine Engine, based on javascript. For this reason I do not join the Discord.
Maybe in the future, if I am interested in RenPy and Phyton again, it may interest me.

I hope you are very happy in the discord group

Saludos!!

Coryu

#19 Post by Coryu »

Good,

Well, I'm also Spanish. First of all apologize if something is not understood, I am using a translator. For some years I have known the renpy tool but now with some colleagues we want to start making a visual novel. Yes it is true that I have 0 experience and I am seeing how everything is done.

So good to all!

Decadenttia

#20 Post by Decadenttia »

I already joined the discord as soon as I read it here, but for the rest of you, I am another spaniard.
Greetings everyone.

WonderingB

#21 Post by WonderingB »

Hi everyone! I'm not a Spanish speaker but my daughter is going to attend Spanish lessons at school next year so I'd like her to be prepared. We've found a platform for learning Spanish and some other subjects: istationeduapp.com. Can you guys tell me is it good for learning basic Spanish language skills? I'll appreciate any other advice as well.

Decadenttia

#22 Post by Decadenttia »

WonderingB I wanted to take a look but I never used that platform before. Depending on your daughter's age, you could try to find in youtube some subtitled songs or tales to have a funny starting point.
Another great idea would be searching also for dubbed cartoons, shows and movies of her taste.

Matalla
Veteran
Completed: Max Power and the Egyptian Beetle Case, The Candidate, The Last Hope, El cajón del viejo escritorio, Clementina y la luna roja, Caught in Orbit, Dirty Business Ep 0, Medianoche de nuevo, The Lost Smile
itch: matalla-interactive

#23 Post by Matalla »

I have no idea about that. I have used duolingo to learn some languages (basic things) and I think it works well.
Comunidad Ren'Py en español (Discord)
Honest Critique

danham

#24 Post by danham »

Hola! Hi everyone. I am going to visit Barcelona next month. Can someone recommend me some worth visiting places or cafes and restaurants?
don't worry be happy :D

Decadenttia

#25 Post by Decadenttia »

More than 12 years have passed since I had to leave Barcelona, so there is a lot of changes in the city that makes me an impossible mission to recommend you for specifical places to eat and drink.
It also would depend on the zone you may visit, but I am assuming you'll probably move around Ciutat Vella, Barrio Gótico, El Born and Port districts.

Allow me to recommend you a couple of things you should avoid or do:
- The RAMBLAS is an awesome place to walk and enjoy but is not a good place to have dinner: is an expensive no high-quality tourist trapt. So don't pick one of that caffes or restorants who serve directly at Ramblas. Do yourself a favor and save your money for a quieter, better place.
- Don't ask for "sangría" as drink. We dont drink it that much, so if you wanna drink like a local, ask "tinto de verano" instead (wine + vermouth + lemon + ice)
- Don't ask for "paella" as food at Ramblas. You'll probably get a low quality dish that has not so much in common with the real one.
- You probably want to taste what we call "tapas" but I say same as before.. avoid Rambla's.
- Check always for your belongings at public transport, specially using metro-subway-undeground. No need to become paranoid but don't let them unattended when you are surrounded by a crowd of passengers. Be always sure you have money, cellphone and documents secured.
- Don't be afraid to ask for help whenever you need or have doubts. That may sound silly but if you ask to a younger you have more chances to be attended in english.

Places you can enjoy on that more tipical zones:
- Go for a walk in "Barri Gotic" (gothic quarter), specially around the Catedral. The buildings are not entire real goth (are more neo-goth) but the environtment is delicious. Walk all down by "Carrer del Bisbe" street and surrounds.
- "La boquería" is a super beautiful market but crowds make it impossible to enjoy sometimes, so if you prefer to visit another also typical market you can search for "Mercado de Santa Caterina" in "El Born" district. And yes, you can taste some dinner in there. Probably you will find all kind of prizes but you can eat it for sure as a good quality food.
- Parc Güell was super nice a lot of years ago, but is gonna be super-massive-visited so anyways so can be you wont enjoy the experience that much. You can anyways spend time in the waiting row for entrance and pay for it (website will list you prizes so u can get them ready in advance ^^) because it really is an unique place. But if you are not excited witht this idea, you can instead have nice time in "Parc de la Ciutadella" , totally free access, and is placed just at the end of the walk from "Arc de Trionf".
- Avoid turistic bus at Plaza Catalunya. It does not worth your money.

The best advice i can give you: do a previous research on the net, and get an idea of what kind of Barcelona experience you want to have: you would visit different places depending on how monument-gourmet-beach&sun-geek kind of visit do you want.