Is Lemmesoft Dying

Forum organization and occasional community-building.
Forum rules
Questions about Ren'Py should go in the Ren'Py Questions and Announcements forum.
trooper6
Lemma-Class Veteran
Projects: A Close Shave

Re: Is Lemmesoft Dying

#31 Post by trooper6 » Wed Jul 10, 2019 5:11 pm

Also, what are people here for?

I’ve been a registered member for a while, and I lurked for a while before that. I don’t post as often. As I used to, but I still check the forums every day.

So what am I here for? I’m not here for Introduction posts or for seeming activity. I’m not here for chatting. I’m here for the same reason that brought me to register in the beginning. Getting and then giving advice on how to code in Renpy, learning, about new projects, and finding people to commission. The things I need Lemma for still seem to me to be as active as ever. Every day there are questions asked and answered in the Questions board.

I don’t answer as often anymore because I answered a question with “you need to declare your variables with default” a LOT. If there is a particularly intriguing question, I’ll still jump in to answer, or something that has gone without an answer for a few days. But for the most part newer forum members are answering some of the questions I used to spend lots of time answering.
A Close Shave:
*Last Thing Done (Aug 17): Finished coding emotions and camera for 4/10 main labels.
*Currently Doing: Coding of emotions and camera for the labels--On 5/10
*First Next thing to do: Code in all CG and special animation stuff
*Next Next thing to do: Set up film animation
*Other Thing to Do: Do SFX and Score (maybe think about eye blinks?)
Check out My Clock Cookbook Recipe: http://lemmasoft.renai.us/forums/viewto ... 51&t=21978

LateWhiteRabbit
Eileen-Class Veteran
Projects: The Space Between

#32 Post by LateWhiteRabbit » Wed Jul 10, 2019 10:31 pm

trooper6 wrote:
Wed Jul 10, 2019 5:11 pm
Also, what are people here for?

I’ve been a registered member for a while, and I lurked for a while before that. I don’t post as often. As I used to, but I still check the forums every day.

So what am I here for? I’m not here for Introduction posts or for seeming activity. I’m not here for chatting. I’m here for the same reason that brought me to register in the beginning. Getting and then giving advice on how to code in Renpy, learning, about new projects, and finding people to commission. The things I need Lemma for still seem to me to be as active as ever. Every day there are questions asked and answered in the Questions board.

I don’t answer as often anymore because I answered a question with “you need to declare your variables with default” a LOT. If there is a particularly intriguing question, I’ll still jump in to answer, or something that has gone without an answer for a few days. But for the most part newer forum members are answering some of the questions I used to spend lots of time answering.
Same for me. I still enjoy talking to members I've known a long time (I've been registered for over a decade now :shock: and I lurked for probably 1-2 years before that). Lemmasoft has definitely become a comfortable habit for me to stop in on from time to time.

Like you, I don't answer some questions now, as I've answered them many times before. The latest question about game resolution was a bit surreal for me, as I found when I went to quote myself, I had already quoted myself in THAT thread, from discussions several years older. It's like archaeology, but for advice. :wink:

papillon
Arbiter of the Internets
Completed: lots; see website!
Projects: that magical diary sequel, that vampire-raising game
Organization: Hanako Games
Tumblr: hanakogames

#33 Post by papillon » Thu Jul 11, 2019 7:50 am

I still visit but I only dip in and out, and half-heartedly answer questions only because I see them being completely ignored otherwise.

Basically I drop in a little to see what projects people are working on, but the spambot problem seems fairly bad on this forum lately.