Best way to promote a KS campaign?

Forum organization and occasional community-building.
Forum rules
Questions about Ren'Py should go in the Ren'Py Questions and Announcements forum.
Zeekee
Regular
Projects: No One But You, The Anomaly
Organization: Annexe Interactive
Soundcloud: zomgaarh

Best way to promote a KS campaign?

#1 Post by Zeekee »

Hey everyone!

I just launched a Kickstarter for The Anomaly (I won't post too much about it here since there's already an existing thread at viewtopic.php?f=43&t=52567) and I was wondering if you guys had any tips on how I could better promote the campaign.

Currently, I'm working with Barzini who is doing an outstanding job with marketing and PR, but I wasn't sure if there was anything else I could be doing to better spread the word about the current Kickstarter we've got going on. Any advice would be much appreciated!

Thanks a bunch in advance! Thankful for you all :)
"When people sometimes misquote me, I don't know if they understand what I'm saying."
-Tommy Wiseau

Chiagirl
Regular
Completed: Ellen and the Pumpkin
Projects: The Crossing
itch: Chiagirl

Re: Best way to promote a KS campaign?

#2 Post by Chiagirl »

Social Media is the main way most people go. Facebook, Twitter, Reddit, and any other platforms you already use. If you don't already have accounts for those types of sites then make them. Giveaways or contests are also good ways to attract attention, for example "like our facebook page for a chance to win a free copy of the game" and/or "submit fanart of the characters, the winner(s) get a free copy of the game plus (something from a higher tier backer reward)". Otherwise just go post about it everywhere, and show off some of the artwork on Deviantart or something. Make sure to have links in your sig for any forum sites you use as well.

JayleeJames

Re: Best way to promote a KS campaign?

#3 Post by JayleeJames »

Definitely social media. I've heard it best described as promoting your kickstarter is a full-time, 40-hr-a-week job. Give examples of your content, do interviews with blogs and podcasts about what you're making. Anything you've seen other kickstarters do, imitate it.
✨new to these forums, be kind to me please! ✨ Hire me to write or edit for you! ✨