What forums do you visit?

Forum organization and occasional community-building.
Forum rules
Questions about Ren'Py should go in the Ren'Py Questions and Announcements forum.
Jill D Holloman

What forums do you visit?

#1 Post by Jill D Holloman » Sat Mar 16, 2019 10:51 am

Besides here of course, what other forums do you visit?
As for me, just 4chan. (If you're familiar with the site, I visit /a/ and /jp/ constantly. I never go into /b/). Some of the Japanese boards there help inspire me when writing and drawing.
So how about you guys? What forums do you go to when you're not here?

isobellesophia
Miko-Class Veteran
Projects: Maddox's Everyday Talk! (13+ Unreal version), Maddox Everyday Talk! (3+ Real-Friendly version)(Upcoming 2020)
Organization: Friendly Teachers series
itch: .......

Re: What forums do you visit?

#2 Post by isobellesophia » Sun Mar 17, 2019 10:16 pm

Reddit! I love seeing their post though, and not just posting. But i do sometimes. Aside from forums, i go to some fandom wikias, i always active in LemmaSoft and Reddit.
I am a friendly user, please respect and have a good day..

Working on a talking simulation game for everyone, except children.

Maddox Everyday Talk!
Is my very very main project, not contain 13 below.

Main project here viewtopic.php?f=43&t=56564

Imperf3kt
Lemma-Class Veteran

#3 Post by Imperf3kt » Sun Mar 17, 2019 10:59 pm

I regularly visit an anime forum where people discuss everything from historical anime to modern day animation.
I also frequently visit the raspberry pi forums in hope of eventually producing my own portable visual novel coding / playing device without the need to rely on an Android version of a game.

That's about it really. I don't have time to follow any other forums or social media.
I used to visit the rooster teeth website / forum regularly, but find myself less and less interested in the 'edgy' community there.
Warning: May contain trace amounts of gratuitous plot.
pro·gram·mer (noun) An organism capable of converting caffeine into code.

Todo list:
Actually finish a project

felix
Completed: Before the Faire
Organization: No Time To Play
Tumblr: no-time-to-play
Deviantart: felixplesoianu
Github: felixplesoianu
itch: notimetoplay

#4 Post by felix » Mon Mar 18, 2019 2:00 am

I lurk on the IntFiction.org forums, though I never had an account there for technical reasons before, and now I'm too out of it to bother joining (I do have one on textadventures.co.uk). And of course the Itch.io community forums. Also the Open Game Art forums, occasionally. A couple of other places that aren't of interest here. It's a good way to keep up with the goings on in various communities, without pressure. Occasionally I can even chime in with a pointer or two. ;)

milksoda
Tumblr: xubearu

#5 Post by milksoda » Tue Mar 19, 2019 6:05 pm

Personally, I'm thinking about branching out to fuwanovel. Other than that, I browse some reddit.

Imperf3kt wrote:
Sun Mar 17, 2019 10:59 pm
I also frequently visit the raspberry pi forums in hope of eventually producing my own portable visual novel coding / playing device without the need to rely on an Android version of a game.
That sounds really interesting, hit me up if and when it happens!

Imperf3kt
Lemma-Class Veteran

#6 Post by Imperf3kt » Tue Mar 19, 2019 7:44 pm

milksoda wrote:
Tue Mar 19, 2019 6:05 pm
Personally, I'm thinking about branching out to fuwanovel. Other than that, I browse some reddit.

Imperf3kt wrote:
Sun Mar 17, 2019 10:59 pm
That sounds really interesting, hit me up if and when it happens!
Technically speaking, it already has, but there were several limitations I could not deal with / overcome

viewtopic.php?t=43847

I'm hoping the next Pi model overcomes these issues.
Warning: May contain trace amounts of gratuitous plot.
pro·gram·mer (noun) An organism capable of converting caffeine into code.

Todo list:
Actually finish a project

Yallendev
Completed: On GH.
Projects: Working on, can't tell you because of IS.
Organization: Dev

#7 Post by Yallendev » Mon Apr 15, 2019 9:44 am

Reddit and social media, mostly when I have free time.

CloudyBF

#8 Post by CloudyBF » Tue Apr 23, 2019 3:41 am

I use Reddit because everything can be found there. My karma level is not very high but I'm following a lot of interesting pages. I'm also registered on some car forums just to know better how to fix my old car. I like following interesting blogs as well. http://androidgo.fun/ is the last blog I've found. They write reviews on different awesome android apps, very interesting.

Chiagirl
Regular

#9 Post by Chiagirl » Fri May 10, 2019 8:39 pm

Reddit, Imgur, and Cosplay.com mostly. In the past there were several others (dueling network forums, Tales series forums, etc.) but most of those are either dead or dying. I really miss dueling network forums especially, I never really clicked that well with any other community.

WonderingB

#10 Post by WonderingB » Fri May 17, 2019 7:22 am

4chan and reddit, but I do not use it very often. I also used to be registered on the Toyota official forum, but I've sold that piece of rubbish from my garage :)

danham

#11 Post by danham » Wed Jun 12, 2019 6:40 am

Hi there. Besides this one, I usually visit lots of different forums such as joomla forum, digitalpoint forum and worldofwarcraft forum :D
If someone also visits one of those forums don't be shy to contact me
don't worry be happy :D:D

Joddy99
Completed: In progress
Projects: In progress
Organization: I'm alone

#12 Post by Joddy99 » Thu Jul 25, 2019 8:28 am

Reddit of course, who doesn't? I read mostly creepypasta threads. I used to visit IGN years ago, but nowadays Reddit only. I mostly read and prefer not to socialize. I also read a lot of how-to articles like this, for example.
“You can die anytime, but living takes true courage.” – Kenshin Himura

Plk_Lesiak

#13 Post by Plk_Lesiak » Mon Jul 29, 2019 4:10 pm

Fuwanovel Forums + Visual Novels & Otome Games subreddits are the pretty much the main places for VN discussion. I just realized that I don't really use forums/social media for anything else anymore... :shock:

Fuwanovel was kind of dying for the last few years, but there's some reshuffling in the leadership and revitalisation attempts going on, so hopefully both the main site and the Forums will receive some new life in near future. :)

ComputerArt.Club
Veteran
Completed: Famous Fables, BoPoMoFo: Learn Chinese, Santa's workshop, Cat's Bath, Computer Art Club

#14 Post by ComputerArt.Club » Mon Aug 05, 2019 10:43 am

Renpy Creators and Enthusiasts Facebook group (150+ members now) :D We are getting new posts every day recently. I love how easy it is to add media in particular.

Other Facebook groups related to my job (teaching digital art, animation, etc.) and other open source software (Blender, Open Toonz, etc.).
Reddit. iEarn (again, related to teaching and, in particular, I use it for international digital art projects).

I also started teaching programming this year, so groups and forums related to code.org and scratch.