Ever had someone let you down in a big way?

Forum organization and occasional community-building.
Forum rules
Questions about Ren'Py should go in the Ren'Py Questions and Announcements forum.
ComputerArt.Club
Veteran
Completed: Famous Fables, BoPoMoFo: Learn Chinese, Santa's workshop, Cat's Bath, Computer Art Club

Ever had someone let you down in a big way?

#1 Post by ComputerArt.Club »

I'm going through a tough time at the moment, someone let me down in a big way, and I am really finding it hard to deal with. Actually, it was a Renpy project that sparked the whole thing. Sometimes others don't appreciate how much creative projects mean to you, even when they are as well intentioned as mine are, and they seek to destroy your creative outlet and hopes as permanently as possible. I find myself going for long walks in the middle of the night to find somewhere where I can sit and search for some semblance of peace of mind.

It's not something that I feel sharing with people IRL, its a complex, private and very personal matter. This is my closest thing to an outlet. Anyone else relate or have to deal with someone letting you down in a big way? This could mean a variety of things, obviously.

I feel have this huge roadblock to overcome now and a huge sense of loss and loss of potential. The support I thought I had is gone. I think I can also expect a lot more conflict in the future.

Imperf3kt
Lemma-Class Veteran
itch: Imperf3kt

Re: Ever had someone let you down in a big way?

#2 Post by Imperf3kt »

Myself, no thankfully.
I'm too timid to put my feet in the water when I know my only lifeline is held by somebody else.

I wish you luck in overcoming whatever unfortunate situation this has put you in and know that you've got my support where I can give it.
Warning: May contain trace amounts of gratuitous plot.
pro·gram·mer (noun) An organism capable of converting caffeine into code.

Current project: GGD Mentor

Twitter

ComputerArt.Club
Veteran
Completed: Famous Fables, BoPoMoFo: Learn Chinese, Santa's workshop, Cat's Bath, Computer Art Club

#3 Post by ComputerArt.Club »

Imperf3kt wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2019 5:01 am Myself, no thankfully.
I'm too timid to put my feet in the water when I know my only lifeline is held by somebody else.

I wish you luck in overcoming whatever unfortunate situation this has put you in and know that you've got my support where I can give it.
Thanks for the reply! I got an apology from the person in question, which is a first and I never would have expected. It doesnt fix things but it should make daily life more tolerable. Hopefully no more drama, just problems to solve and challenges to overcome.

Decadenttia

#4 Post by Decadenttia »

I lived that bad experience before, more than 10 years ago.
I was so lost then that I stopped trusting people. I had no problems to talk and relate to someone in the normal way, but I definielly stopped on trusting at the point in which you start to be friends with.
I saw everyone as a potencial disappointment and that turned out into being afraid from everyone.

Some years ago I had the luck to meet a great friend, who scary fast got my atention by her own merits, so I decided, for once take the risk and open myself a bit. Is the best thing I could ever do.
Of course we have our differences, as everyone, but my past experience has teached me how much can I be hurted, and how much can I learn about myself and face not nice situations.

About my old friend who let me down in the past, I admit I still think of that times once in a while. Still hurts but, as I said, now I take it as a life lesson about myself. I'm sad to say that experience made me proceed with more distance and cold temper from then on, but also I'm proud to add that I also became more prudent.

I wish the best for you. Take a deep breath, learn all you can get from this experience and go on. You will feel wiser and proud of yourself. :wink: