Problem with Lemma soft links?

Forum organization and occasional community-building.
Forum rules
Questions about Ren'Py should go in the Ren'Py Questions and Announcements forum.
ShiraiJunichi
Miko-Class Veteran

Problem with Lemma soft links?

#1 Post by ShiraiJunichi »

Blue Lemma~

All the links on this page of your website appear to be broken. Are the files no longer available?

Megaman Z
Miko-Class Veteran
Projects: NaNoRenO 2016, Ren'Py tutorial series

#2 Post by Megaman Z »

Confirmed to be nonexistant at posting time. I'll PM BL about it.
~Kitsune Zeta

ShiraiJunichi
Miko-Class Veteran

#3 Post by ShiraiJunichi »

Oh- duh. I could've done that

Megaman Z
Miko-Class Veteran
Projects: NaNoRenO 2016, Ren'Py tutorial series

#4 Post by Megaman Z »

I wouldn't go PM'ing people about broken links without having at least one other person check them. seeing as I was here, I went ahead and did so.
~Kitsune Zeta

ShiraiJunichi
Miko-Class Veteran

#5 Post by ShiraiJunichi »

So, I should PM someone to check a broken link, before I PM someone to tell them the link is broken? ^_^;; haha

Beta
Regular

#6 Post by Beta »

no, I think he means that a general thread (like this one) should be made regarding said link(s) before someone's PM inbox gets full of what we technical people like to call "SPAM", which is only called SPAM because monty Python had this skit that had the word SPAM said at least 4.384574938943745 times a second!

ShiraiJunichi
Miko-Class Veteran

#7 Post by ShiraiJunichi »

Oh, right. Good point. At first I though a PM would be better, because then everyone wouldn't have to read about the error. But, I suppose that's better than one person getting an in-box full of messages about it

darkknight
Veteran

#8 Post by darkknight »

if you want to PM someone about anything go ahead...noone will mind...noone will yell at you for SPAM..(unless it is pointless) and for "technical people" like Beta that is called netiquette.
If one man speaks out in a crowd against everyones opinion...Who will be remembered? The one who spoke his mind, or the millions that spoke against him....

Blue Lemma
Forum Founder
Completed: ToL, Shoujo Attack!, Lemma Ten
Projects: [RETIRED FROM FORUM ADMINISTRATION - CONTACT PYTOM WITH ISSUES]

#9 Post by Blue Lemma »

Yeah, the links have been down for a while... When I redid the site they never got up there ^_^; If the files are still on my comp, I'll post them. They've got to be around somewhere! ...And if not, uh... I don't know :P

mikey
Lemma-Class Veteran
itch: atpprojects

#10 Post by mikey »

Well, I may have them (can't check now though). And I think the first Ren'Py versions used some of the graphics as well.

PyTom
Ren'Py Creator
Completed: Moonlight Walks
Projects: Ren'Py
IRC Nick: renpytom
Github: renpytom
itch: renpytom

#11 Post by PyTom »

I show that I have, in the old Ren'Py development directory, the following files:
  • Miko Day 1.zip
  • Miko Day 2.zip
  • bkgs1.zip
  • photopack1.zip
Supporting creators since 2004
(When was the last time you backed up your game?)
"Do good work." - Virgil Ivan "Gus" Grissom
Software > Drama • https://www.patreon.com/renpytom

mikey
Lemma-Class Veteran
itch: atpprojects

#12 Post by mikey »

Hmmm, I was also thinking about releasing some kind of a photopack, with different types of scenery (forest, city, inside...) with the local flavor of the place I live in... hmmm, I'll make a mental note for later ^_^

kara24601
Veteran
Projects: Numerous unfinished dreams await completion.

#13 Post by kara24601 »

I think I pm-ed about those links once and I think nobody else seemed to notice / care at the time , or at least they just never brought it up ....Anyway , I apoligize if what I did could be considered spamming or rude or anything , that wasn't my intention. My website's really old and I still have tons of stuff I should've taken care of not done with it....arg. So , I understand what it is like to get lots of email about something you're already aware of and having other things to take care of too , ect. and then somebody emails you about some broken link or badly designed page and some days you wanna hurt people for it 'cause , you know , you already know about it and you already think about it / worry about it and tons of other things.

:wink: :lol:

P.S. Yeah , I know nobody's blaming me or anything...I just yapping to cover myself in case anybody had any complaints or whatever. *laughs*