SuNoFes2019

Forum organization and occasional community-building.
Forum rules
Questions about Ren'Py should go in the Ren'Py Questions and Announcements forum.
Alte
The Great Organizer
Github: nualte
itch: alte

SuNoFes2019

#1 Post by Alte »

Many thanks to everyone who participated or show support in the past years!

Summer Novel Festival is an online game jam focused on adventure, interactive fiction, role-playing game, and visual novels. (Story-based games) Starts July 1st, ends August 31st, annually. (though it's not exactly Summer around the world)

Where do I submit a project?
It's hosted on itch.io so it requires having an account from there. If you're already registered an account, return to the jam page then click on the "Join jam" button- you can submit a game as well.

Can I start my project now?
Sure! If you have any unfinished projects in mind, you're invited to use this festival for completing it.

Any rules?
  • Takes place during July and August.
  • Completing unfinished projects are welcomed
  • Releasing a demo is fine.
  • Polished works are encouraged.
  • There are no "winners." Anyone who reaches their goal during the festival has completed SuNoFES, though it is encouraged to submit a game. [Adult content is not allowed]
Feel free to tweet your development progress at #sunofes
"Good Luck"
itch.io jam page

Feel free to ask questions regarding to SuNoFes or extras. Please tag your work if it's SuNoFes related

This year's SuNoFes Logo - Usage Terms
Reprints are allowed if "Katy133" credited and link back to: https://www.deviantart.com/katy133

______________________________________________________________________________________

Extras:

5th Anniversary?
That would be on July 9th where first SuNoFes began.
SuNoFes isn't original Visual Novel Festival. There was a time before itch.io and after NaNoRenO, small community formed an event called Teacup VN Festival.
But that was long, long time ago. And the rules aren't similar and teacup festival layout was coordinated through days of release if I recall correctly.

How was your vacation?
Here's my post with photos and minor status update: viewtopic.php?f=13&t=19427&p=513480#p513480

Contact?
I could be reached through the Lemma Soft Forums. I don't have any social media/ network account.

I would like to host a non-game jam which is shorter than a month for next year.
I'll have a thread prepared at Creator Discussion in December 2019.
I haven't forgot about SuNoFes, I'll try to continue.

Feel free to check out Jam in progress | Upcoming Game Jam on itch.io
Last edited by Alte on Thu Jun 27, 2019 7:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ren'Py Cookbook Directory

I'm not affiliated with Ren'Py/ itch.io/ Steam/ etc.

Katy133
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: Eight Sweets, The Heart of Tales, [redacted] Life, Must Love Jaws, A Tune at the End of the World, Three Guys That Paint, The Journey of Ignorance, Portal 2.5.
Projects: The Butler Detective
Tumblr: katy-133
Deviantart: Katy133
Soundcloud: Katy133
itch: katy133

Re: SuNoFes2019

#2 Post by Katy133 »

I'm looking forward to what everyone makes this year. Thank you so much for setting it up!
ImageImage

My Website, which lists my visual novels.
Become a patron on my Patreon!

sasquatchii
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: A Day in the Life of a Slice of Bread
Deviantart: sasquatchix
Soundcloud: sasquatchii
itch: sasquatchii

Re: SuNoFes2019

#3 Post by sasquatchii »

I'm going to try my hardest to use SuNoFes to finish the game I've been making super slow progress on over the last few years! I'm also really excited to see what everyone else creates :)
ImageImage