Otome/BL sprites

Forum organization and occasional community-building.
Forum rules
Questions about Ren'Py should go in the Ren'Py Questions and Announcements forum.
Celestial_Toast
Regular
Completed: Circus of Soaring Dreams, Rewind
Projects: Golden Hearts & Crimson Souls
Tumblr: celestialtoastgames
itch: celestial-toast

Otome/BL sprites

#1 Post by Celestial_Toast »

Since I don't know where to post this, I'm asking it here:

Does anyone know a good place I might get free-for-commercial-use generic sprite art for otome/BL? To specify, the game I'm making is a parody otome/BL (you have a choice of protag gender but from here on I'll refer to it as otome) where every romance option looks like the most generic otome dude you've ever seen (the catch being their personalities are very unexpected and all have something weird about them). Think Voltage or other mobile otomes (no shade to anyone that loves them).

Most preferable is adult sprites!

Bonus: a stereotypical innocent protag (male and female)

Thank you! :D
Check out my visual novels here: http://celestial-toast.itch.io/ Follow me on Twitter for game and story updates!

Elta
Regular
Tumblr: limitelta
Deviantart: limitelta
itch: limitelta

Re: Otome/BL sprites

#2 Post by Elta »

I don't really know much about where to get free content one can use, but I have looked a lot around these forums for fun! I don't know if there is anything that suits your needs, but there is some nice sprites in the CC area of these forums.

parttimestorier
Veteran
Completed: No Other Medicine, Well Met By Moonlight, RE:BURN, The Light at the End of the Ocean, Take A Hike!, Wizard School Woes
Projects: Seeds of Dreams
itch: janetitor

#3 Post by parttimestorier »

As well as the excellent Creative Commons section here, a lot of people post game assets for free or cheap on itch.io. Here's just a search for assets tagged with "visual novel."
ImageImageImage

Celestial_Toast
Regular

#4 Post by Celestial_Toast »

Elta wrote: Tue Jun 25, 2019 8:46 am I don't really know much about where to get free content one can use, but I have looked a lot around these forums for fun! I don't know if there is anything that suits your needs, but there is some nice sprites in the CC area of these forums.
Yeah, I've looked at a lot of those, but thanks! I suppose the issue is they're usually too unique/distinct to suit my generic needs ahaha.
Check out my visual novels here: http://celestial-toast.itch.io/ Follow me on Twitter for game and story updates!

Celestial_Toast
Regular

#5 Post by Celestial_Toast »

parttimestorier wrote: Tue Jun 25, 2019 12:55 pm As well as the excellent Creative Commons section here, a lot of people post game assets for free or cheap on itch.io. Here's just a search for assets tagged with "visual novel."
Oh I had no idea people posted there! I usually only search in the CC section here, so this is good to know! The more sources the better hehe. Thank you so much!