All Creators: Itchio Upload Request!

Forum organization and occasional community-building.
Forum rules
Questions about Ren'Py should go in the Ren'Py Questions and Announcements forum.
narutochats

All Creators: Itchio Upload Request!

#1 Post by narutochats » Sat Aug 17, 2019 7:26 am

Hey everyone! So I'll keep this short and sweet, but I decided to create this as a sort of little request to encourage any and all creators to upload more to Itchio! (I hope making this type post isn't against the rules, I checked around for site rules!) For me--and I'm sure some others--having games itchio is a nice way to sort out the visual novels we play. For me, it's similar to the anime/drama list sites so that I can remember and keep track of things I played. There's been so many older games that I'm nostalgic about and dying to replay that takes me ages to find because I didn't think to save them back then. Now, with there being so many games out now, it's been so helpful when developers of older games in the earlier 2000s and 2010s post their games to itchio so I can remember and revisit them. And the same for newer works, it would really be helpful even if it's demos, incomplete, non-commercial or whatnot that people have played. It would really help to have that listing option!

So yeah, didn't mean to ramble on, just thought to do a PSA about this. I know a lot of people upload to itchio now but if you haven't you should consider it!
I've been at this too long...

KrunchyFriedGames
Completed: Witches and Bandits and Swords (Oh My)
Projects: The Bunny Hill Horror
Organization: Krunchy Fried Games
Deviantart: redruM-110
itch: krunchyfriedgames

Re: All Creators: Itchio Upload Request!

#2 Post by KrunchyFriedGames » Thu Aug 22, 2019 9:38 am

Yeah, I like itch. It has a good community feel to it, but it's very difficult to get attention (compared to Kong or Newgrounds) if you're not an established dev.
Krunchy Fried Games
Itch Homepage
Twitter

narutochats

#3 Post by narutochats » Mon Sep 02, 2019 6:32 pm

KrunchyFriedGames wrote:
Thu Aug 22, 2019 9:38 am
Yeah, I like itch. It has a good community feel to it, but it's very difficult to get attention (compared to Kong or Newgrounds) if you're not an established dev.
Ah, really? I actually was not aware of this! Thank you for letting me know.
I've been at this too long...

Imperf3kt
Lemma-Class Veteran

#4 Post by Imperf3kt » Mon Sep 02, 2019 6:52 pm

I personally would ask people to refrain from uploading incomplete works.
The internet already has more than enough shovelware that it is difficult finding a decent game as it is.
Warning: May contain trace amounts of gratuitous plot.
pro·gram·mer (noun) An organism capable of converting caffeine into code.

Todo list:
Actually finish a project