Marking Thread Solved

Forum organization and occasional community-building.
Forum rules
Questions about Ren'Py should go in the Ren'Py Questions and Announcements forum.
Poorman65

Marking Thread Solved

#1 Post by Poorman65 »

I'm sure this is mentioned somewhere but I'm not finding it.

How do you mark a thread as being Solved? Do you just change the Topic title manually to say "[Solved]"?

Also, is there a way to mark a particular answer as being the Correct or Most Useful answer? Not sure if there is a Forum reputation mechanism, but I think it is nice when you can give Kudos other than just saying Thanks.

Donmai
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: Toire No Hanako, Li'l Red [NaNoRenO 2013], The One in LOVE [NaNoRenO 2014], Running Blade [NaNoRenO 2016], The Other Question, To The Girl With Sunflowers
Projects: Slumberland

Re: Marking Thread Solved

#2 Post by Donmai »

Poorman65 wrote: Fri Dec 13, 2019 3:30 pm How do you mark a thread as being Solved? Do you just change the Topic title manually to say "[Solved]"?
Yes.
Poorman65 wrote: Fri Dec 13, 2019 3:30 pmNot sure if there is a Forum reputation mechanism, but I think it is nice when you can give Kudos other than just saying Thanks.
Personally, I'm happy when I can help someone. I don't even expect to receive thanks (even though, yes, it's nice when people take some time to let me know if the answer I gave was helpful or not).
No, sorry! You must be mistaking me for someone else.
TOIRE NO HANAKO (A Story About Fear)

isobellesophia
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: None
Projects: Maddox and Friends! (AI Teacher friend), Friendly Universities! (Soon)
Organization: Friendly Teachers series
Deviantart: SophBelle
itch: Child Creation

#3 Post by isobellesophia »

Actually, you can mark as solved even you implement some new type of a code you want to create with and needed help, i did that as mine too.
I am a friendly user, please respect and have a good day.

papillon
Arbiter of the Internets
Completed: lots; see website!
Projects: something mysterious involving yuri, usually
Organization: Hanako Games
Tumblr: hanakogames

#4 Post by papillon »

I'm pretty sure the forum rules say NOT to change the topic title to just 'Solved' because that makes the thread much harder to search for, for anyone else who has the same problem... But adding Solved to the title works.