Star Wars duels.

Forum organization and occasional community-building.
Forum rules
Questions about Ren'Py should go in the Ren'Py Questions and Announcements forum.
Ezzetabi
Regular

Star Wars duels.

#1 Post by Ezzetabi »

Finally Star Wars finished and so I wonder what is the favourite lightsaber duel...

So what is your favourite lightsaber duel?

A little list to help remembering...
Good VS Evil
Obi Wan and Qui Gon VS Darth Maul (Ep 1)
Obi Wan VS Darth Tiranus (Ep 2)
Anakin VS Darth Tiranus (Ep 2)
Yoda VS Darth Tiranus (Ep 2)
Anakin and Obi Wan VS Darth Tiranus (Ep 3)
Mace Windu VS Darth Sidious and Anakin (Ep 3)
Yoda VS Darth Sidious (Ep 3)
Obi Wan VS Darth Vader (Ep 3)
Obi Wan VS Darth Vader (Ep 4)
Luke VS Darth Vader (Ep 5)
Luke VS Darth Vader and Darth Sidiuos (Ep 6)

Mine probably is Obi Wan VS Darth Vader in the ep 3. It is really nice.

Edit: PyTom is right... Sorry. Fixed the mispellings.
Last edited by Ezzetabi on Wed Jun 08, 2005 12:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
My shoujo attack's tutorial page is completed!

PyTom
Ren'Py Creator
Completed: Moonlight Walks
Projects: Ren'Py
IRC Nick: renpytom
Github: renpytom
itch: renpytom

#2 Post by PyTom »

Well, it's Obi-Wan Kenobi, not Obi One. Among other places, the correct spelling can be seen hidden in the background of "Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom" (Club Obi-Wan).

As for lightsaber dues, I think my favorite is the one at the end of Jedi... Luke vs Vader, with the Emperor watching. One problem I have with the new movies is that they're way too busy, compared to the original trilogy.
Supporting creators since 2004
(When was the last time you backed up your game?)
"Do good work." - Virgil Ivan "Gus" Grissom
Software > Drama • https://www.patreon.com/renpytom

bookie
Veteran

#3 Post by bookie »

Yeah too much flashy but no impressive action, and too little everything else.

My favorite is Luke vs Vader in episode 5. There was a lot of cool force use in it.

Ezzetabi
Regular

#4 Post by Ezzetabi »

I disagree bookie. I think all episodies have about the same ammount of action. The problem of the 4, 5, 6 is that Jedi almost do not exist anymore and lightsaber actions are absent. Even Luke in ep 6 against the Jabba minions does not sound convincing...

ShiraiJunichi
Miko-Class Veteran

#5 Post by ShiraiJunichi »

PyTom wrote:Well, it's Obi-Wan Kenobi, not Obi One. Among other places, the correct spelling can be seen hidden in the background of "Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom" (Club Obi-Wan).

As for lightsaber dues...
Well, it's duels, not dues. Among other places, the correct spelling can be seen hidden on one of the pages in the Merriam-Webster dictionary(du·el n.). :P

I haven't seen episode 3 yet, and I'm not too big a fan- so I haven't seen the others very often, but... I thought the duel between Yoda and Darth Tiranus was really cool. No idea Yoda could move like that...

bookie
Veteran

#6 Post by bookie »

Ezzetabi wrote:I disagree bookie. I think all episodies have about the same ammount of action. The problem of the 4, 5, 6 is that Jedi almost do not exist anymore and lightsaber actions are absent. Even Luke in ep 6 against the Jabba minions does not sound convincing...
Then maybe it's just the lack of anything else that made me think the latest three flicks were nothing but action. :?

darkknight
Veteran

#7 Post by darkknight »

This might be odd to most people bit i like Obi-Wan VS darth Vader in episode 4... I like it in movies when a hero dies... it add an unexpected turn and a greater hatred for the antagonist. Not to mention...I dont think it said it in the movie but the dissapearing at the end shows that Obi-Wan was a real master...
If one man speaks out in a crowd against everyones opinion...Who will be remembered? The one who spoke his mind, or the millions that spoke against him....

Ezzetabi
Regular

#8 Post by Ezzetabi »

Clicked twice, read the next one...
Last edited by Ezzetabi on Fri Jun 10, 2005 4:35 am, edited 1 time in total.

Ezzetabi
Regular

#9 Post by Ezzetabi »

Well, darkknight about Obi Wan disappearing there is a note at the end of ep. 3 where Yoda tells Obi Wan the way to become a force ghost after death.

Btw, it is just a feeling of mine of there are really lots of personality types in Star Wars?

Darth Maul, silent, strong and blindly obedient.

Darth Tiranus, politician dreamer that become an oppressor after discovering the truth. Palpatine is the Sith master.

Darth Sidiuos, the manipulator. The person that take everyone trust just to betray them (think to Count Dooku). It almost never spot his hands. (It fights only three times and against Luke is not even a challenge...)

Qui Gon, the rebel, almost heretical. He only believe in the will of the Force. He does not mind politics, Jedi's rules or others opinion. He follow the force as his only master. Dooku knows him well, in fact he think that Qui Gon could pass to the Dark Side, just if he understood that the Force wanted that.

Obi Wan, the 'perfect' Jedi, not strong as Windu, not wise as Yoda. But with a impressive level on both faces of Jedi life.

Mace Windu, old politician, very strong with sword but with a minor (compating with other 'great' of the movies of course...) knowledge of the force and wisdom.

Yoda, Windu opposite. Weaker with the sword but much more strong with force powers and wisdom, he is the only one that can stops lightings with bare hands.

Anakin, extremly skilled. Good willed, but that leaves far too much space to emotion and we know that emotions opens the way to the Dark Side.

Also... In ep. 1, when the main characters returned to Coruscant...
Why the Jedi council did not spend a little to buy Anakin's mother?!?

Taleweaver
Writing Maniac
Completed: Metropolitan Blues, The Loyal Kinsman, Daemonophilia, The Dreaming, The Thirteenth Year, Adrift, Bionic Heart 2, Secrets of the Wolf, The Photographer
Projects: The Pilgrim's Path, Elspeth's Garden, Secret Adventure Game!
Organization: Tall Tales Productions

#10 Post by Taleweaver »

Best duel ever: Obi-Wan and Qui-Gon versus Darth Maul, Ep1. That two-one-one battle has the best choreography and simply a freaking great scene when the energy doors close and Qui-Gon simply sits down to meditate while Darth Maul keeps pacing from side to side like a caged tiger - just impressive acting from the both of them.
Scriptwriter and producer of Metropolitan Blues
Creator of The Loyal Kinsman
Scriptwriter and director of Daemonophilia
Scriptwriter and director of The Dreaming
Scriptwriter of Zenith Chronicles
Scriptwriter and director of The Thirteenth Year
Scriptwriter and director of Romance is Dead
Scriptwriter and producer of Adrift
More about me in my blog
"Adrift - Like Ever17, but without the Deus Ex Machina" - HigurashiKira

Tyler
Regular

#11 Post by Tyler »

Ezzetabi wrote:Also... In ep. 1, when the main characters returned to Coruscant...
Why the Jedi council did not spend a little to buy Anakin's mother?!?
Thye got the whole freaken universe to worry about. Plus, Anikin wouldn't have the darkside moment in Ep2 which seems like a key moment where he let the dark side overtake him.

I like them all, hard time trying to figure out which one's my fave :(

btw ep3 theme "A Hero Falls" it one kick butt score. So is "Duel of the Fates"

"No... I.., am your father" neva gets old ^_^