The Beatles

Forum organization and occasional community-building.
Forum rules
Questions about Ren'Py should go in the Ren'Py Questions and Announcements forum.
BleachD

The Beatles

#1 Post by BleachD »

It feels odd to be talking about the Beatles but I want to know who here likes them, I personally do and I'd start a poll to see if people who like anime also like the Beatles, but I messaged the guy who makes it if you can make a poll or not and I'm waiting for a response.

LVUER
King of Lolies
Completed: R.S.P

Re: The Beatles

#2 Post by LVUER »

Your PM caught my attention ^_^

Well, I never hear the song so I don't really know if I like them or not. But one thing for sure is their history wasn't good at all (drugs and all) though I'm a bit touch with one of the Beatles that compose a special song to prevent the Beatles from disbanded...

BleachD

#3 Post by BleachD »

While their history may not be the greatest(If you are against their drug influence) I still believe they are one of the greatest bands out there in my opinion that have inspired a lot of today's music, culture, and events positively and negatively(If you count the Manson Helter Skelter incidents, but I've read what lead him to doing it and he was a little nuts, and by little I mean extremely nuts) and personally I like a lot of the music that they did while under the influence of drugs (I.E. I am the Walrus, Yellow Submarine, Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds-LSD if that's what you want to believe inspired the name of the song, etc.), and of course the music they did while not under the influence of drugs also, but I was curious to see people who are into anime opinion's on the band.

Showsni
Miko-Class Veteran

#4 Post by Showsni »

Who doesn't like them? They've done some pretty great music, and helped to revolutionise the industry! Though, I'm not really all that into any kind of music. I'd have to say Ringo is my favourite, though, for his work on Thomas the Tank Engine. (Probably Paul after that...)

BleachD

#5 Post by BleachD »

Yeah, I love Ringo, hate it when people say he didn't help the band at all cause that's BS, he sung many of their best songs and I've had some guy tell me that they didn't like them but the guy who told me he wasn't a fan likes death metal :roll: so it's not very surprising he didn't like them.

adrix89
Regular

#6 Post by adrix89 »

Don't like them at all although I can understand what they have done in history
To me they are pretty naive and idealistic and there music was good at that time for that spiritually starved world but in our time it has lost bit by bit there relevance with the passage of time
As for there drug policies I'm all for it(especially marijuana which is a great pain reliever) as I understand there influence they can have on creativity and spiritual development although I don't take them( alcohol smoke and coffee too.. just not my thing)

BleachD

#7 Post by BleachD »

Going to have to disagree with you their adrix, While you may think their music is naive, I'm not one to say that its possible to get peace and love everywhere on this earth, but I do believe in the fact that a little love can help the world for the better, saying it can't be applied to today's society is like saying that love doesn't help anything today, which is a pretty depressing outlook on life.

adrix89
Regular

#8 Post by adrix89 »

BleachD wrote:Going to have to disagree with you their adrix, While you may think their music is naive, I'm not one to say that its possible to get peace and love everywhere on this earth, but I do believe in the fact that a little love can help the world for the better, saying it can't be applied to today's society is like saying that love doesn't help anything today, which is a pretty depressing outlook on life.
You are mistaking
First of all I am certain that peace and love can be achieved on earth
Second what consists of there nativity in there generation of "hippies" is that that generation had a certain dreamlike state where meaning was not defined and everything was a blur thus not very good a shaping anything concrete(so as to transform the world) not there affinity with love and peace
With there end(of that generation) another generation has sprung out were they had looked for meaning in that hidden part of selves that was our unconscious(the seemingly dreamlike state for the hippie generation that they discovered) and by this they found allot of hidden truths and spawned a counterculture that was later won in roughly our period
We are in a current fairly creative and rapidly advancing(ethically, technological and spiritually) generation

BleachD

#9 Post by BleachD »

Hmm I see your point there, well I can't really argue since it is a valid point but it doesn't change the fact that I still love the Beatles, but I was not part of their so called hippie generation and I enjoy their music without the use of drugs but I enjoy alot of music from that era namely, The Beatles, Bob Dylan, Grateful Dead, etc.

BleachD

#10 Post by BleachD »

Well come on people feel free to post if you like them or not, and if you do or don't you can post names of bands that you like from 60's or 70's, if their are any.

LVUER
King of Lolies
Completed: R.S.P

#11 Post by LVUER »

No offense here but... although this is a general discussion section, this is still a VN forum. And Beatles has nothing to do with VN (except for VN use music and Beatles is a band that produce music). So I think most people here don't know what to think about this kind of topic (like me, who don't know Beatles anyway).

Well, it's alright to make the topic, but just don't hope lots of people will reply ^_^ (just like every other thread which topic doesn't corelate much with VN).

BleachD

#12 Post by BleachD »

well only relation to Beatles in a VN was a brief message in the English version of kirakira, not sure if they were mentioning the Beatles in the original Japanese version, so vns have approximately .0001% to do with the Beatles :lol:

draringi
Regular
Projects: "Project Shi" (working title); "Project JanFeb" (working title:LSFCCVNG entry)

#13 Post by draringi »

don't mind the Beatles, have several of their songs on my computer. My favourite is "The long and winding road". I wouldn't say they're in my top 10 bands though, they're not quite fitting to my tastes, but that's just personal opinion, i won't deny they were good musicians.
Current Project: Wolfram Shadow Devlog
Personal Blog
Current Projects:
"Project Shi" (working title)
"Project JanFeb" due completion date: 28th Feb, 2010

BleachD

#14 Post by BleachD »

Was just recently playing the English translation of Family Project and saw another reference to the band The Beatles :D, but I don't know if this has to do with just the English translation of the game, but The Beatles so far are one of the only bands I seen mentioned in more than one vn, two i know for sure but I think they are probably mentioned in others.

chronoluminaire
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: Elven Relations, Cloud Fairy, When I Rule The World
Tumblr: alextfish

#15 Post by chronoluminaire »

The Beatles were the group whose music was played most when I was growing up. I grew up in the 80s, but my parents were from the flower power generation and loved The Beatles, so I heard them all the time, and still associate them with childhood memories. :)

One of the films that my parents would often play to us as kids was the Yellow Submarine film. That was delightfully surreal :D
I released 3 VNs, many moons ago: Elven Relations (IntRenAiMo 2007), When I Rule The World (NaNoRenO 2005), and Cloud Fairy (the Cute Light & Fluffy Project, 2009).
More recently I designed the board game Steam Works (published in 2015), available from a local gaming store near you!