Looking for a visual novel

Forum organization and occasional community-building.
Forum rules
Questions about Ren'Py should go in the Ren'Py Questions and Announcements forum.
upsilon07

Looking for a visual novel

#1 Post by upsilon07 »

Hi guys so I'm looking for a visual novel that has a Adventure Time-esque art style. I've encountered it numerous times, but I don't remember the name. Aside from the art style, I also know that when you start the game, you will be asked to pick from four characters. I also partially remember that the name is "The A-". The second word starts with a. Thanks in advance!

ALSO, if you can suggest any visual novels that have a distinct art style, please do. I'm looking for visual novels to play with this feature since I'm currently developing my own, and my visual novel does not have a traditional anime art style.

parttimestorier
Veteran
Completed: No Other Medicine, Well Met By Moonlight, RE:BURN, The Light at the End of the Ocean, Take A Hike!, Wizard School Woes
Projects: Seeds of Dreams
itch: janetitor

Re: Looking for a visual novel

#2 Post by parttimestorier »

This might not be it because the title is different, but I wonder if you might be thinking of Rose of Winter? Its art style is more cartoony and you pick between four different character routes right near the beginning. I'd recommend it either way since it's very cute!

As for other VNs with distinct non-anime styles, a few others that come to mind are Solstice, Animal Lover, and Brilliant Shadows.
ImageImageImage

upsilon07

#3 Post by upsilon07 »

I found what I was looking for a couple of minutes ago haha. Turns out the second word started with a Y. It was The Yawhg . But I'll make sure to check these VNs you've suggested. They look pretty nice!

gekiganwing
Lemma-Class Veteran

#4 Post by gekiganwing »

Lately I've been looking for VNs which don't look like 1990s to 2010s seinen demographic series. This is how LongStory became one of my favorites. This VN combines somewhat abstract cartoon graphics with a story that addresses some heavy topics.
upsilon07 wrote: Sun Mar 15, 2020 11:52 am The Yawhg
I think the premise of this game is intriguing -- it sounds like "train the peaceful villagers" combined with statistics-based gameplay (maybe similar to the mainline Tokimemo games). Hopefully The Yawhg will be ported to consoles or mobile devices in the near future.

upsilon07

#5 Post by upsilon07 »

gekiganwing wrote: Tue Mar 17, 2020 10:53 pm Lately I've been looking for VNs which don't look like 1990s to 2010s seinen demographic series. This is how LongStory became one of my favorites. This VN combines somewhat abstract cartoon graphics with a story that addresses some heavy topics.
upsilon07 wrote: Sun Mar 15, 2020 11:52 am The Yawhg
I think the premise of this game is intriguing -- it sounds like "train the peaceful villagers" combined with statistics-based gameplay (maybe similar to the mainline Tokimemo games). Hopefully The Yawhg will be ported to consoles or mobile devices in the near future.
Wow, LongStory looks great! I'll make sure to check that one out. Do you know any visual novels that have a visually distinct art style? Like those of the Yawhg? The Yawhg is just one of a kind! :(