Adult games, when they are that, and when they are not?

Forum organization and occasional community-building.
Forum rules
Questions about Ren'Py should go in the Ren'Py Questions and Announcements forum.
Sol Hano

Adult games, when they are that, and when they are not?

#1 Post by Sol Hano »

We have a game, wip, and we'd like talk about it here. We have teaser trailer and website, character bio's coming shortly (10 days)... we have something to show. But.

What is an adult game, like where should we post that here? Where do you draw the line (pun intended) Yes, we do have real life Adult Industry Actress as a voice of one female character, and yes, there is occasional bare boob or two, and even some sex.

Yet I feel that those things are just a spice, it's NOT a sex game or simulator, it's an adventure game. We don't show private parts either. I feel that it's more lame than "Orange Is the New Black" but I don't want to get kicked out by posting my first post in the wrong section :)

Posting it in the XXX section would be safe, but I think it's not really a right place for it either.

PyTom
Ren'Py Creator
Completed: Moonlight Walks
Projects: Ren'Py
IRC Nick: renpytom
Github: renpytom
itch: renpytom

Re: Adult games, when they are that, and when they are not?

#2 Post by PyTom »

From your description, it sounds like it could go in the main section. I'm fine with R-rated content in the main section of the forum, provided it's not the sort of thing that is intentionally trying to squeak in right below the line. It doesn't really sound like this is that. I tend to think one of the big differences is that adult games use sex as an important part of the game's reward structure, and it doesn't seem from your description that you're doing that.

I reserve the right to change my mind once I see the thread, but I think it makes sense to post it in the main section.
Supporting creators since 2004
(When was the last time you backed up your game?)
"Do good work." - Virgil Ivan "Gus" Grissom
Software > Drama • https://www.patreon.com/renpytom

Sol Hano

Re: Adult games, when they are that, and when they are not?

#3 Post by Sol Hano »

Thanks!