Hello, but also, Help

Forum organization and occasional community-building.
Forum rules
Questions about Ren'Py should go in the Ren'Py Questions and Announcements forum.
GlitchyReal
IRC Nick: GlitchyReal
Deviantart: GlitchyReal

Hello, but also, Help

#1 Post by GlitchyReal »

Hello Lemma Soft Forums.

I want to introduce myself as a competent artist/animator/writer who's been working on a VN since 2017. My name is Nick.
One of the things I've neglected to develop is connections through out the community. I'd like to amend this.

However, I am what one might call "forum-illiterate". I like to lurk, sure, but I don't post often and get overwhelmed by the rules, culture, and general expectations of the dos and don'ts. I'd like a general starting place to get to know people, but I don't know where to start.

So I've decided to blind fire a generic post in hopes someone notices and takes pity or-- better yet-- interest in me.

If this is a dumb idea, I'll soon know.

---

My visual novel is about a girl named 'Jui' who leaves her restaurant job to live deep in the woods across the highway. She will meet others who are in the woods for different reasons and along the way she will question life and the events that lead her to this moment and what she's supposed to do now.

This is a story of self-discovery, both for Jui and myself.

I am illustrating and animating the characters and doing the programming. Music is as of now public domain and am still looking for background solutions.
I'm a writer first, artist second, and a programmer... somewhere else. (I'm learning!)

Check out my work here!
http://www.DeviantArt.com/GlitchyReal

Support my work here!
http://www.Patreon.com/GlitchyReal

VillainousClown

Re: Hello, but also, Help

#2 Post by VillainousClown »

Hello, I can totally relate to the 'forum problem'. It's hard to insert yourself into a community.
But good luck with your game! It sounds interesting, I may check it out when I will get released! Hope you will also solve the background aspect. There are apps and sites that allow you to build a 3d environment (roomsketcher, room creator) maybe those will help you? As I said before good luck continuing the project. :)

tkohn40

Re: Hello, but also, Help

#3 Post by tkohn40 »

Hello from a fellow lurker, but also a musician / composer :) I think it was a good idea to post personally. Commenting is even difficult for me so I think any way to get involved is a win overall. Looking forward to hearing more about your project!