Lemmasoft Rankings

Forum organization and occasional community-building.
Forum rules
Questions about Ren'Py should go in the Ren'Py Questions and Announcements forum.
rioka
Royal Manga Tutor
Completed: Amgine Park, Garden Society: Kykuit, Metropolitan Blues (art)

Lemmasoft Rankings

#1 Post by rioka »

Lemmasoft Rankings explained from standard rankings to special ranks. Standard Rankings may be gotten with diligent posting (preferably well thought out and contributory posts :hint hint:) but Special Ranks must be earned and are totally within the whim of the Game-Making Guy, Blue Lemma.

If there is anything amiss, or I should add something to a description, feel free to say so. =)

NEW Standard Lemmasoft Rankings (2010)
-------------------------------------------
0: Newbie
25: Regular
200: Veteran
500: Miko-class Fan
1000: Eileen-class Fan
2000: Lemma-Class Veteran
????: ?????

Previous Standard Lemmasoft Rankings
-------------------------------------------
0: Newbie
10: Regular
50: Fan
150: Mega-Fan
300: Giga-Fan
500: Alice-class Fan
750?: Sefira-class Fan
1000: Miko-class Fan
2000+: Lemma-Class Veteran
????: ?????

Special Lemmasoft Rankings
-----------------------------------------
Bishie Hunter: Given to batpig, a known collector of bishoujo's. This special rank was given to her sometime in 2004.

dDate Sim dDeveloper: dDave, the dDate Sim dDeveloper, was the guy who was working with Blue Lemma on his first ren'ai project, even before ToL 1.

Epitome of Generic:[/g] Given to delta. Whether it is for his generic games, his attitude, posts, or other attribute - all in all, if it's delta, it's generic.

Forum Founder: Title of the one and only, Blue Lemma, father and founder of the Lemmasoft forum. It is not known when the title was instated but it's assumed he has always had it.

Game-Making Guy: Only Blue Lemma has this rank (well, Blue Lemma and the other lemma which he began this site with). This rank was made when this forum was created. Blue Lemma has full admin capabilities around the forum.

Game Girl (Tales of Lemma 1): A special rank given to Miko Aihara, since "Miko Aihara" is the name of a character in Tales of Lemma 1. The rank was probably given sometime in 2003. Miko is the moderator for the section Tales of Lemma 1 within this forum.

Hentai Poofter: Given to the notorious mugenjohncel; hentai lover and professional escape artist. Mugenjohncel is known to "poof" in and out of the forum at any time unannounced earning him this title.

King of Lolis: Given to Samu-kun because frankly, Samu-kun is THE King of Loli's. For those unfamiliar with the term, loli is short for lolita which means young, pre-teen girls.

Miko-Snatcher: Given to Zintar whom Blue Lemma still owes a Miko avatar to for winning a contest.

Misato's Future Husband: It's been a known fact around the forum that mikey has had a special spot for Misato from the Evangelion series but it was truly confirmed when mikey released Marry Me Misato! Blue Lemma then awarded mikey with this special rank. This title was removed during August 2005.

Otaku Manga Maiden: This rank was given to Lillico, the Tales of Lemma 2 artist. The rank speaks for itself and is quite descriptive of Lillico. This rank was given sometime in 2004, I believe.

Ren'Py Creator: Given to PyTom when he released his easy-to-use ren'ai-making-program: Ren'Py! This is an exclusive rank only and we all know he's more than earned this special rank. PyTom mods the Ren'Py section but he probably has admin capabilities as well.

Royal Manga Tutor: Given to eclipse in early July 2005 as she runs the web site Manga Tutorials which has over 70 tutorials, most of them made by eclipse.

Special Project Artist: Given to magi.

Tokimemo Goddess: Mari-chan is the sole bearer of this rank as she is the one to turn to on anything Tokimeki-related. Mari-chan mods the Bishoujo Gaming section of the forum.

Ultimate Lemma One: Given to optimus160, the moderator of the Games, Anime, and J-Stuff section. It is not known when he received this rank but it was most likely when he became moderator pre-2004.

Winged Hybrid: Given to Sai, owner of the site "Winged Hybrid" and all around helpful forum member who generally knows the who's, what's, and when's of ren'ai games. She received this rank on Friday, 23 July 2004. Apparently, this rank was given to her for winning one of Blue Lemma's contests, specifically, the "Best Super-Deformed/Chibi" and "Blue Lemma's Favorite" categories in the fanart contest. For more info on this title, check out Sai's extensive explanation here. =)

Writing Maniac: Given to writing maven, Taleweaver, in early July 2005. He is known to work scripts one-after-another, for example, working on Love Revolution, Love Revolution: Fragile Hearts, Metropolitan Blues, and Foxtaile, in succession. And that's only the beginning... O_O!
Last edited by rioka on Mon Apr 05, 2010 4:40 pm, edited 9 times in total.

PyTom
Ren'Py Creator
Completed: Moonlight Walks
Projects: Ren'Py
IRC Nick: renpytom
Github: renpytom
itch: renpytom

#2 Post by PyTom »

Some of the other special rankings that exist, but that you've missed:

dDate Sim dDeveloper

Miko-Snatcher

I'm not sure who has these, but I believe there are people that do.

Also, IIRC, mikey had a different special rank before the current one. Perhaps he was also game-making guy... I honestly forget.

Oh, and there are ranks above the 500-post-level... but I won't say what they are. But I will say that there is noone that would have been eligable to get them, save for a special rank.
Supporting creators since 2004
(When was the last time you backed up your game?)
"Do good work." - Virgil Ivan "Gus" Grissom
Software > Drama • https://www.patreon.com/renpytom

Megaman Z
Miko-Class Veteran
Projects: NaNoRenO 2016, Ren'Py tutorial series

#3 Post by Megaman Z »

PyTom wrote:Some of the other special rankings that exist, but that you've missed:

dDate Sim dDeveloper

Miko-Snatcher

I'm not sure who has these, but I believe there are people that do.
want me to track down these two? I'll search the whole memberlist by hand... all 9 pages of members.
eclipse wrote:Game-Making Guy: Only Blue Lemma has this rank. None other has this title nor will anyone else share the title (at least I think so... ^^; ). Rank was made when this forum was created. Blue Lemma has full admin capabilities around the forum.
technically, that's not quite true. the first two users (Blue Lemma and "lemmas2") have that title. only one of them is actually used, though. and I bet they're the same person. lemmas2 only has one post.

[edit: found the "dDate Sim dDeveloper"]
[second edit: found the miko-snatcher. only guy with "Still With Miko -HEHEHEE" as his location]
~Kitsune Zeta

Blue Lemma
Forum Founder
Completed: ToL, Shoujo Attack!, Lemma Ten
Projects: [RETIRED FROM FORUM ADMINISTRATION - CONTACT PYTOM WITH ISSUES]

#4 Post by Blue Lemma »

eclipse wrote:200: Mega-Fan
Actually, Mega-Fan only requires 150 posts. Heh, this thread is kind of like a history of the forum :D

dDave, the dDate Sim dDeveloper, was the guy who was working with me on my first ren'ai project, even before ToL 1. He did quite a bit of writing, but family problems unfortunately pulled him away from the project. We still talk online every once in a while, though.

Zintar, the Miko-Snatcher, is someone I still owe a Miko avatar to for winning a contest >_< (even though he hasn't been around for a long time.) I gotta pull myself together here and make good on these things.

Something special happened to Mari-chan lately, but I think I'll get her back to the forum to tell you guys about it - it's very cool 8)

The rank after Alice-Class Fan comes at 750 posts, but it references the name of the main character from the ToL 2 Side Story (something else I wrote a lot of but haven't released :oops: ) I might have to change it. I'm thinking about using her name in this new secret unique project (see dev journal) :^x

PyTom has been diligently taking care of the technical aspects of the forum since we moved it to his server on renai.us. A nice big round of applause and some fanservice shots for him! *clap clap clap* *casually lifts Miko's shirt up* 0: )

Megaman Z
Miko-Class Veteran

#5 Post by Megaman Z »

Blue Lemma wrote:The rank after Alice-Class Fan comes at 750 posts, but it references the name of the main character from the ToL 2 Side Story (something else I wrote a lot of but haven't released :oops: ) I might have to change it. I'm thinking about using her name in this new secret unique project (see dev journal) :^x
okay, now we have a target. this time, I'll be first, not eclipse!
~Kitsune Zeta

Taleweaver
Writing Maniac
Completed: Metropolitan Blues, The Loyal Kinsman, Daemonophilia, The Dreaming, The Thirteenth Year, Adrift, Bionic Heart 2, Secrets of the Wolf, The Photographer
Projects: The Pilgrim's Path, Elspeth's Garden, Secret Adventure Game!
Organization: Tall Tales Productions

#6 Post by Taleweaver »

There is one new custom title, and that's "Writing Maniac". Guess who became that without asking for it...?
Scriptwriter and producer of Metropolitan Blues
Creator of The Loyal Kinsman
Scriptwriter and director of Daemonophilia
Scriptwriter and director of The Dreaming
Scriptwriter of Zenith Chronicles
Scriptwriter and director of The Thirteenth Year
Scriptwriter and director of Romance is Dead
Scriptwriter and producer of Adrift
More about me in my blog
"Adrift - Like Ever17, but without the Deus Ex Machina" - HigurashiKira

Grey
Veteran

#7 Post by Grey »

They're coming out of the woodwork now huh? I see a Royal Manga Tutor as well.

Also I think Sai got her title from winning one of the contests last year.

mikey
Lemma-Class Veteran
itch: atpprojects

#8 Post by mikey »

Hmmm, DID I have a special ranking before MFH? I don't know... But it's great to see new titles ^_^. Writing Maniac and Royal Manga Tutor... fitting, fitting...

rioka
Royal Manga Tutor

#9 Post by rioka »

Thanks for all the extra info! I've made adjustments and added the new ranks as well.
Megaman Z wrote:okay, now we have a target. this time, I'll be first, not eclipse!
Yup, it's all on you now Megaman Z! Go for it! 8)

Ezzetabi
Regular

#10 Post by Ezzetabi »

This sound are a really bad idea.
Most of MMZ posts smell like spam from miles away and someone encourage him posting more...
My shoujo attack's tutorial page is completed!

mikey
Lemma-Class Veteran
itch: atpprojects

#11 Post by mikey »

Some forums don't even have post counts. It's a difficult decision. Many people put pretty much from themselves into the posts, and of course some post single lines and some have long paragraphs of their thoughts.

I was wondering about whether this could be possible (I guess this goes to PyTom?). The manga.sk forum from time to time "cleans up" the forum and on this occasion puts all the deleted/unused topics for download as an "offline" version, pretty much a rigid text version, but still. Almost everyone whose posts matter to him liked that idea and since most people here are serious about what they write in the relevant threads, maybe this way we could keep our memories? ^_^ Just as BL said, this ranking topic feels like a journey to the (if recent) past.

Megaman Z
Miko-Class Veteran

#12 Post by Megaman Z »

(one system reformat and driver updating later...)

somehow, I think Ezzetabi doesn't like me... then again, I can smell some of Ezzetabi's one-liner's from over here.

[off-topic: my sound is screwed up beyond belief. I can't tell what sound card I have (yet), and the only audio I get is that blasted PC speaker... [edit: fixed. now I can set an echo for all sounds! (wait...)]]

a downloadable version of some of the older threads doesn't sound too bad to me. the only problem for me seems to be beyond the control of anyone here, as my internet connection regularly LAGS, thus killing most of my downloads and internet activity. so, if PyTom thinks it's a widely accepted idea, I won't give any disapproval.
~Kitsune Zeta

darkknight
Veteran

#13 Post by darkknight »

Ezzetabi wrote:This sound are a really bad idea.
Most of MMZ posts smell like spam from miles away and someone encourage him posting more...
Oh god thank you someone else noticed besides me...

I really hope megaman does not decide to make this a challenge to get 750

and i may not be back for a while...i am doing repairs and upgrade on my computer

1 Video card...59.99
1 new monitor...399.99
1 set of new speakers...12.99
1 new mod cover...29.99(modded by myself)
1 net cpu...199.99
time and effort spent flashing ram, downloading spyware blockers, teasting network connections, and updating software...PRICELESS

anyone have any opinion on switching fans with water cooled pipes (besides the ioning of water.)
If one man speaks out in a crowd against everyones opinion...Who will be remembered? The one who spoke his mind, or the millions that spoke against him....

rioka
Royal Manga Tutor

#14 Post by rioka »

Personally, I don't think MMZ posts are that bad as compared to a recent member.... <.<' and he's calmed down a bit as far as posting goes. 'Sides, we all know who actually earns thier rank anyways, so what's with all the brouhaha?

Anyways, an archived version of past threads would be nice.

PyTom
Ren'Py Creator
Completed: Moonlight Walks
Projects: Ren'Py
IRC Nick: renpytom
Github: renpytom
itch: renpytom

#15 Post by PyTom »

Hm... most of the systems that I've seen to do this simply make the current thread available at a static URL. I'm not aware of a phpbb hack that makes truly static pages. If anyone knows of one, PM me, and I'll install it, if it passes muster.
Supporting creators since 2004
(When was the last time you backed up your game?)
"Do good work." - Virgil Ivan "Gus" Grissom
Software > Drama • https://www.patreon.com/renpytom